Recent content by Briannam81

1. B

Any XXXL cups for sale? Or any repair tips?

With some other cups I had, I'd tried every glue. Even JB Weld. I will definitely look into the insulation though, thanks for the tip!
  2. B

So, I did a thing. Not very smart, and I don't expect it to last long. But since my dome cracked at the rim, I slowly and carefully worked the crack all the way around the dome until the rim came off. So now the bottom of the dome is just the plastic with no rim. I sanded it smooth, and can...
  3. B

Hand pump broke after 5 months of use ;(

In the way that a manual breast milk pump will have the same results as an electric, I don't think you can expect any different results from an electric pump. However, it's that it's so much physically easier to use it, that you may be more apt to use it more frequently. I think the reduction...
  4. B

It is indeed a game changer. It is much faster to build up the pressure (not unsafely so though). Kind of hard to describe, but a hand pump tends to be "jerky" in that you only get suction when you squeeze the handle. With electric, you just turn it on and it goes. I've never experienced it...
  5. B

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153787052525 That's the same model I bought. It's not quiet, but, it's not terribly loud no. I'm able to use it with it right next to me while I'm watching TV. It sounds kinda like an air compressor but not quite as loud as those tend to be. It also comes with...
  6. B

After years of pumping, I never found a reliable pump that didn't eventually break. I did find that buying self bleeding kits for car brakes have an identical pump to a lot of these styles of kits, and they even have pressure gauges so you can ensure you don't accidentally over pump. I will...
  7. B

Unfortunately since my XXXL cup broke, my XXL cups are all I have to use for myself, so I'm not interested in selling. You may check eBay though, I believe you may be able to find some there.
  8. B

I was told they were basically a limited run prototype. So yeah, that's likely why nobody has any for sale :/
  9. B

Well, I only have one of the XXXL cups, and they aren't making them anymore, so I can't buy new ones or I would :/
  10. B

I haven't tried silicone or super glue. I did try melting the crack back together, but that only lasted through 3 uses before it started again. I think I may try to fill the channel with some sort of epoxy. Since this is the last one I'll ever have, unless others come up for sale, then I need...
  11. B

So, my single XXXL cup has developed a crack around the base where it contours upwards. I've tried filling the little gutter of the contour with hot glue not having high expectations, that lasted for one use. I'm going to try getting my soldering iron out and melting it from the top and bottom...
  12. B

Better quick disconnects and electric pump

Just wanted to report an update. Both the quick disconnects and electric pump are going very well. Going through various styles of brake bleeder hand pumps was frustrating. None seemed to work all that great, and most usually broke and had to be rigged up to function again. This electric...
  13. B

Better quick disconnects and electric pump

I found these by accident while trying to find a cheaper solution to the quick disconnects. I'd had a couple of different versions that I could find the same thing online as "fuel quick disconnects". I've been using the one in the picture for a few months now, and it's AWESOME. The o ring on...
  14. B

Long time user, infrequent poster, new pumps

I was finally able to get back in to the forum! (Thanks Lucy!) Quite a few updates as well. I finally moved up to the XXXL dome. There was only one left in stock, so I grabbed it as quick as I could I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm VERY happy with it. I thought I would want 2 domes...
  15. B

This might be difficult to find on this forum, but I'm gonna try!!!

Doesn't look like there are very many others on here anymore except us lol. Unfortunately I'm still not your size, so I haven't had a chance to need anything bigger yet lol