Recent content by WishUponAStar

1. W

misshaped foam pad

Not sure which kind of foam it is (i.e. chemical composition) but I have seen how vehicle restoration people use steamers to perk up matted upholstery foam by injecting steam right into the matted foam seat/back cushion areas. This is useful if new cushions for that vehicle's seats are not...
  2. W

What's a proper way to pump and release?

You are very welcome :) ; looked a bit at some of your posts and realized you are definitely very helpful to so many other forum users and openly thankful to many many members so a BIG "Thank You!" for being you!
  3. W

What's a proper way to pump and release?

This response adds to the last part of what Dreamkist had to say about avoiding over-pumping: I also feel strongly about NOT accidentally harming oneself by over-pumping. You can check my prior posts to see a more detailed explanation of why I believe in using the gauged vacuum pumps...
  4. W

Snoogle questions

You can just get the 2 airlocks (without any attached silicon tubing) and cut the silicon tubing on your present setup (tubing section between each dome & T-piece) and insert the airlocks there. However, if you also get some bulk silicon tubing (available in various lengths from Lucy) you can...
  5. W

Hydro Noogling

Hydro noogling takes advantage of a few properties of water that air is not as beneficial in: - has more lubricity so the domes can be repositioned easier while under low suction - does not expand easily like air, so when water is evacuated out of the domes then it has a more direct pull of the...
  6. W

"The Science" - Take 2

Sweets, that is correct as the gauge is marked in inches of Mercury (inHg or "Hg) so the 5"Hg refers to that number five on the gauge face in the green section. I posted the following elsewhere under the new tools thread (where a member was asking about using gauged pump to take over duty of...
  7. W

pump with gauge

To answer, scientifically, the question posed much earlier in this thread, about the use of the Noogleberry gauged pump in place of the failed Brava Smartbox/Sportbox: To begin with, vacuum (negative pressure) is expressed in many different units of measurement, and to convert them, one must...