Electric pump?

M

Mumma Bear

Hi there! I'm still really interested in getting an electric pump system set up - would be fantastic for snoogling. Is there any kind of timeline at the moment with the noogleberry one? I was thinking of maybe getting the Bosom Beauty one if it's still a long way off - although I've heard it's quite painfull? Any thoughts anyone? Is BB too powerful - or too noisy to use while sleeping? Has anyone had any experience with it? Any news Lucy? :)

Flavia

Mumma Bear said:
Hi there! I'm still really interested in getting an electric pump system set up - would be fantastic for snoogling. Is there any kind of timeline at the moment with the noogleberry one? I was thinking of maybe getting the Bosom Beauty one if it's still a long way off - although I've heard it's quite painfull? Any thoughts anyone? Is BB too powerful - or too noisy to use while sleeping? Has anyone had any experience with it? Any news Lucy? :)

I' d like have a portable pump, and a pump while I sleep….

ariadne

No agenda - Just like noogling
As both a breast-enthusiast and an electronics engineer, I have made a prototype electric pump which actually works, and I use it in preference to the hand pump.

The system includes an automatic pressure sensor which detects the exact state of the vacuum and tops up when necessary (using an in-built computer of course!). Therefore overpumping and red cup-ring marks are a thing of the past and comfort is brilliant. In terms of effectiveness it's obviously still the standard noogle cups and method so if that's effective then the pump will be - and I would expect more so if it enables prolonged wearing. The automatic pressure enables me to work at the computer etc for as long as I like while maintaining a nice comfortable pressure.

The paramount consideration of an electric design is safety – particularly as the motor is powerful enough to give a no-nonsense performance. I have built in reasonable safety measures but with H&S obsessions and the claims culture, the professional model would have to be very foolproof which would increase cost.
The main safety concern is what happens if the pressure sensor fails. The safety I have included is that the pump pauses briefly if target vacuum is not sensed after about 2 seconds. This give an opportunity to press the stop button if all is not well. But perhaps there's a worry about using any powerful electric system while you're asleep.

The other concern is noise. The pump I have used is not expensive, but it is very noisy – i.e. too noisy, really. I found a noisy pump with the right specification relatively easily but I'm still searching for a quiet pump at a sensible price. More research or inventive thinking may lead me to a solution. Or a sound-insulated box would give some improvement. But for now it works in spite of the noise.

I'm happy to talk to Noogle HQ about using my design for a professional version.

I've already practiced a video demonstration on my private webserver. I'll set up a demo for fellow nooglers sometime soon, if there's interest. Let me know on the board or by message.

xx A

boobieguy

Cool use of technology.

I went low tech and cheap by converting a fish tank air pump as described in a video I found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N98ALG06u1U

Its not powerful like the one you made so no safety mechanisms are really needed and its quiet as fish tank pumps tend to be... The converted aqua culture fish pump (around $10 at wal-mart) only pulls a maximum 4" to 5" of vacuum which I believe is in the target range to be effective and safe for long duration wear.

I just plug in the pump, connect up and withing a few seconds there's enough vacuum to hold the domes in place. Within a minute or so it reaches its maximum vacuum and just maintains it for as long as a person would want.

The pump I converted has worked reliably for more than a year using it overnight 3 times a week.

ariadne

Hello, fellow techologist !
Have you put a gauge on (using a Y or X-connector) to find out how many inHg it's actually delivering?
I could be wrong but I think the low pressure systems probably settle at quite low pressure - one inch maybe or a little more. Safe and good for overnight as you say.

The high pressure system enables you to go higher for say 20 min sessions, during which you can get quite a lot of pull (experimenting round the 2 to 4 inHg range to get as high as pos without excessive redness) I think this will get some faster results. A transitioning girl testing it at moment - I'll have to prompt her to post results on here.

boobieguy

The converted fish tank pump I have achieves 4.8"Hg max.

I forgot to say in prior post that I have a fish tank airline "T" installed inline at the pump. Has a valve on it to regulate the airflow split. Just open the T a tiny bit if needed to reduce the vacuum by providing some bleed air to the pump.

Thought about trying to find a compact solenoid operated valve for the air bleed and building a simple timer circuit to implement an 8/2 minute vacuum/relief timing cycle but haven't gotten around to it.

momof4

I bought the exact same pump and tried to reverse the valves, but I don't have the blue/green circular thing shown here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N98ALG06u1U
Is that bought separately? Is there something I am missing? Has the design changed?

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 34

boobieguy

Don't get on here very often, but:

That does not appear to be the same pump. You will notice that in the video, the pump used is a dual outlet pump (model MK-1504 it says on my pump) while the one you picture has a single outlet. I would guess the single outlet pump could be converted but obviously the procedure wouldn't be the same.

Hopefully you were able to resolve the issue in the months since you posted.

Good luck!

ariadne

Selling all my kit at a knock-down price of 250 sterling for everything. The electric pumps are computer controlled to a precise vacuum level. 2 electric pumps in good working order with parts lists. Manual pump and 3 sets of nb cups (S,M,L) included. Price is ex UK - all shipping etc extra. Further details by PM.

Attachments

• kit2unitsM.JPG
    kit2unitsM.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 28