Getting started or not?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

65hulagirl

Kultzu,

I pump for about 45 min. to an hour 3 times a day. This is only my 4th day pumping. Did you notice that your breast stayed swollen from the first time you tried it? And how do you know when to go to the next size? Is it when your nipples touch, or when your whole breasts fill the cups entirely?

K

kultzu

Hi there,

Wow, that sounds a lot for the start but if you don't have pain then you can stay with this rhythm. I started with about 10-15 mins a day and later on increased to 30 mins a day. Perhaps you are right they might not stay swollen that much at the beginning but do you notice that your breasts are fuller ? That was the first thing I noticed when I first used. Not the size but the fullness.

Eventually while pumping and I filled up the cup , not only that the nipples touched end of the cups but the whole breasts were press and squeezed inside the cups then surely I knew it was time to change to next cup size.

Kultzu

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
65hulagirl said:
Lucy,

I just want to make sure I am using the correct size cups. I ordered the small and medium cups. I didn't even try the small as they seem so small. I don't know if it's because I'm used to the Brava domes that look HUGE. So I started using the medium cups and they stay on just fine. I had no problems getting a suction. When I pump to the moment it gets uncomfortable, my nipples are still at least an inch away from touching. Is that the way it's suppose to be, so as to allow for room to grow? Or am I suppose to be using the small cups? If I do use the small cups, I know that I would be filling them out immediately. Which one is correct?

Also, I don't know if anyone has had this happen to them, but it seems like as soon as I take the cups off, my boobs actually seem smaller. Why is that happening? As the day goes on, they return to normal. I was expecting them to be a little swollen after I take them off, and then wear off as the day goes on. Am I doing something wrong? Somebody, please help!!
Hi 65hulagirl, kultzu's comments have really answered your qustions im sure, and i think you are right to start with the medium cups. If they were not quite fitting on the chest wall then it would have been worth using the small cups until you had progressed, but you dont have that problem. It is very early days and dont forget that one of the reasons why tissue expansion systems like this work is because the breast tissue cells are provoked into responding to the 'trauma' of the pumping by multiplying in number and this is how you get an increase. Tissue cells dont grow immediately and can take many days or weeks until they undergo their reproduction cycle , so this is why the breasts at the beginning will not stay 'up' but as kultzu has said, they will in time. I hope i havent lost you with the brief biology lesson! lol

best wishes
Lucy :)

65hulagirl

Lucy,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to be patient and not get discouraged. I think the reason why I can wear it for an extended period of time so early in the program is because my boobs have gone through the "trauma" of Brava already. I did Brava for 18 weeks 12-14 hrs a day. I think this weekend I will try and sleep with the cups on to see what happens.

I read on one of the threads that someday you may develop small and medium cups with the same diameter, but deeper. If this is something you're considering, I just want to say I'm all for that. There are quite a few of us who are very small framed and would welcome the small or medium cups but would need the depth after we achieve some growth. I am only 4'10" and weigh 90 pounds. So as you can imagine, I am really tiny. Also, IF you ever do come out with new cups may I suggest not putting the holes right in the center. Perhaps you can put the holes more on the side. That way you can wear the cups under a bra and go out if you want to. Especially if you wear the small or medium cups. I know the Brava domes are HUGE, and I actually wore them out one day. Also, is there a way to make tubes that are more rubbery as opposed to plastic? I hope I'm not coming across as picky. I think you have a great product and I just know what Brava has (holes on the side, flexible rubbery tubing) and if you can incorporate those things with your product, it would be like combining the best of both worlds. I have read a lot on the forum and notice that you are so customer oriented and you really listen to what your customers want. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to voice my opinion.

If there's anyone else out there with a small frame and would like to see small and medium cups with the depth that they are now, in addition to small and medium cups but deeper, please let Lucy know so that she knows there's a need. I will post a separate thread regarding this.

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi 65hulagirl, we are definitley going to produce deeper cups with the same diameter but this may take a while as we are working on several projects and i have to rely on my engineer but he has agreed to work on this soon and i will let everyone know in due course. Its very useful to get the feedback about the sizes. With regards to position of the cups, this is failry easy to sort but it does make the packaging and posting more difficult as the cups are not easy to stack and the risk of breakages higher. If we get alot of replies about this we may be able to do this. It may be that we could just modify cups for individual users as this may be easier to do. We could just move the noozle to the underneath with some simple machining and fit a quick-release not return valve like our new airlock but smaller. I ll look into this for you but you may have to remind me. With regards to the softer tubing, if you have some you can recommend or a sample, i would very willing to supply this. I know silicone tubing, the type you get at tropical fish shops is sometimes used and there is no reason why you could not use this with the NB as the noozle on the pump and cups is fairly graduated. At present we use 6mm internal diameter and 9mm outer diameter PVC tubing because of its anti kink properties but im happy to supply softer tubing on the website. Again , just let me know. Its great that you all use the forum and i am grateful for the feedback and suggestions because at the end of the day, we need to try and get the best system for each person at a sensible price. It may take a while and it wont suit everyone but we'll get there in the end!! ;)

best wishes
Lucy
www.noogleberry.com

L

Louise1982

Hi Lucy,

Regarding tubing, I have a blue squishy 6mm diameter tube the actual wall of which is very thin (from the aquarium centre). I actually like the fact that it kinks - if you ever want to separate the domes into 2 systems (e.g. my right boob is very slightly smaller so sometimes I airlock harder on the right) or if you've lost the valve you can just fold the tube over and use a clothes Peg / rubber band / bulldog clip etc. Also I find it useful to be able to pinch off one tube by folding just for a second to avoid losing suction in one dome while I fiddle about with the other. Also the plastics bits where the tubes go on are quite thick compared to Brava / BB, so although the NB tubes fit all of the different brand domes the other tubes don't fit on the NB - the NB tubing is much thicker, attaches better and seems more durable but it's a lot more to stuff down your jumper! The fish tank tubing is so cheap that when one piece (where I stick the valve in) became too wide and the valve started to drop out I just replaced it at a cost of about 50p. I have to say for the pumping up and down and for use with the BB the NB tubing as it is now is by far the best however it will be less convenient for those who want to airlock and walk around.

Didn't like to comment on the tubing before as I feel I've caused enough problems already!

p.s. what do I do about exchanging the squeaky pump for a silent one? What is it that makes it squeak? Could I fix it with WD40 or something?!?!

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Louis, many thanks for the info on the soft tubing. I will try and get some for the website. At least now others know where to get some and how to use it. With regards to the pump, i think is probably a stray peice of plastic in the moulding process that causes some to squeak and i doubt if oil will cure this , so pelase just email me your address off forum and i ll send another for free,

thanks again for all the support and adivce you give on the forum
best wishes
Lucy
lucy@noogleberry.com

65hulagirl

Lucy,

I am so excited!!! This morning I left the cups on for 2 hours, and what a difference. There was significant swelling that lasted for a while. I'm not sure long because I had to go to work. I kept taking bathroom breaks to go check to see if the swelling had gone down, and it didn't. But then I got busy and lost track of time.

As far as the tubing: This morning I took out my Brava tubes and plugged them into the NB cups. At first I didn't think they would fit because they seemed quite a bit smaller. But I tried it, and it's so flexible that it stretched and went on just fine. I will send you a piece of it so you know what I'm talking about. I still need to return the small cups to you and exchange them for large cups. I emailed you off the forum about this. I just hadn't had a chance to make it to the post office. But, it's a good thing because now I can include the tube as well.

Thank you for looking into putting the holes somewhere else other than the middle. It would make wearing them with a sport bra much easier and not as noticeable. My husband says "People will just think you have pointy nipples, that's all." :p

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi 65hulagirl, im so pleased for you with your progress. A sample will be great , just remember to include a note in the box about swapping them and your address. I have found a source for silicone tubing with different diameters but your sample will be very useful. I have also sourced some silicone sheets and i will start a topic to see if there is a demand for this as some like to use it for extra comort and to fill any gappy bits.

thanks again for the progress report
best wishes
Lucy ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.