hair growth info

J

janonthemtn

Hello All,
Recently found out about fenugreek as a hair growth herb. google fenugreek/hair growth for lots of great info.
I am just beginning to use it(internally and externally) for this. I believe it takes at least 3 mos. to see changes.
Vitamin D3 is also excellent for many things including hair growth.(i take 5000 units/day)
Janonthemtn

T

tavia

hiya
with my lupus i get a lot of sudden hair loss, usually i get 1 or 2 sudden bald patches at a time, but this year ive only had 2 bald patches. but currenty having alot af shedding (post preg).
my hair is now to my waist and im part african.
i take,,
prescription zinc 220mgs
ferrous sulfate 200mgs (for anemia too)
use amla on my roots ( thicker and stronger hair)and coconut oil on my ends at night( stops breakage)
have started back on pueraria mirifica (stronger that fenugreek), used to use it for hair growth b4 i got pregnant)
and am waiting for some 2000mg royal jelly to arrive (for hair growth)

hope this info is good,

would like to hear any other hair growth methods ;)

Anastasia916

Tavia, I had alot of hair loss due to stress, I have tried a few hair vitamins and recently started using hair regrowth and strengthening treatments, shampoos, etc. And I started using this one I really like. It's by Nioxin. I use the one for color treated hair as my hair is color treated. I use the shampoo, the scalp treatment (which is conditioner) and a leave in treatment that is only applied to the scalp. I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I don't use it everyday, I only wash my hair every other day or every 3 days. And so far I have alot of new growth, I am noticing alot of baby hairs around the hairline that weren't there before using the product. In salons all 3 products are pretty expensive, I got mine on amazon.com for about half the price.

A

Ann

Castor oil has helped me with my hair loss. I've used it for about a month and started to see regrowth. I've just been applying the oil and rubbing it well into my scalp, then leave it for as long as possible but at least 4 hrs, 2-3 times a week. Shampoo it twice and my hair is fuller. I have been applying it to my daughters hair as well since it's just a bit thin and gives her some fullness.

T

tavia

i just wrote a really long reply then i lost connection and had to swtich off the pc, so ill mek it short this time ???

im gonna look up that nioxin, im interested... i only use basic shampoo and cond... because last time i bought revivogen and it was really expensive but i didnt really see any benifit.. but that was years ago, so im willing to give this a shot, thanks for the info ana
ive only been using amla for a month, and the results are great, ave got thick hairs growing round my hairline, and especially at the back of the neck where the baby hairs usually are, they are beconing very thick, im loving it,
the amla i use has amla extract, castor oil and coconut oil in it aswell... excellent stuff

Anastasia916

Hmm that sounds interesting, I might have to look into the amla and castor oil. My hair is generally dry as I have naturally curly hair. I normally have to put in a leave in conditioner or my hair is very coarse. So an oil might help with my moisture problem as well. I was using Nexxus vitatress, which is suppose to help regrow hair, it made my hair feel amazingly soft and it was sooo shiny, but I did not see any thickening effect nor regrowth and I used it for 3 months just to give it time to work. I usually use Nexxus products as they help with my damage done to my hair and with moisture but so far very impressed with the Nioxin. It smells like peppermint, at first I didn't like the smell, but my hubby said he likes it so now I like it :) the scalp treatment (conditioner) while using makes the scalp tingle like crazy and you leave it on for I believe 5 min then rinse, I usually just shave my legs while waiting. And the leave on scalp treatment makes your scalp turn red and any other skin it hits turn red for a few min. I believe that is just the product working.

I do hair, though I don't have a license I know how to dye hair, do any other chemical treatment, do some hair cuts (mainly longer ones), etc. and I dye my own hair, I only use goldwell hair color as it lasts longer and doesn't damage as much as others. Any Goldwell product is normally only sold to professionals and anyone else cannot get it. So I order any haircolor I get from this one site that sells salon quality products that you normally cannot get anywhere, and also the shampoo that salons sell are cheaper on this site, Nioxin is on here as well...here's a link... http://www.sleekhair.com/index.html it's not as expensive on there as in a salon. They have starter sets with all 3 products in it that are reasonably priced. So you can try it before buying bigger bottles. I have big bottles of the products.

jccarey09

It's easy to grow your hair as long as you eat food rich in vitamins that supports the growth itself. You should also be aware of what you're applying on your hair.

xxbabygirlxx

Hey everyone,
Alright, this is the best way to grow, or to regain hair back. I had a horrible experience 6 months ago where i got extensions put in and it basically ripped out my hair, and i lost half a head of hair :'( - i even had bald spots. Vits. are great and everything but what i found worked best was using NISIM for dry and normal hair. Its a DHT blocker, and promotes growth and my hair grew like a weed. I'm also using a hair, skin and nails vit.

People who have used amla, how did it go? Are you still using it ? Or stopped and you still have amazing hair? Can you tell the exact product name of which you used? Thanks:)

kikidi

http://www.clairshairtreatment.com/index.html Hi if anyone wants to have a look at this site, it is the only thing that helped me. I've tried castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil. The only thing I haven't done is cook my hair with all that oil. Hope it helps, and it is not expensive. thanks for sharing x

lovelyoneanna

Lovelyoneanna amazing results NBE
5000 mg of biotin a day... P-1000 shampoo Mane N Tail shampoo Conditioner.Apohgee keratin leave in Spray...MSM pills helps the hair follicles to repair from damage. Purvana Pills from GNC.. Theirs a variety of good healthy supplements & Shampoos out here to assist. Sorry to hear about your hair... HTHs I used products and my hair grows rapidly & healthy....

secret

http://www.clairshairtreatment.com/index.html that site sounds pretty legit..

ps: do you guys know how to get ride of oily hair. i have oily / greasy hair, i tried shampoos its still so oily. So let say i take a shower in the after noon and the next morning my hair looks like i havnt been washed in 4 days -__-, that how bad it is :(

Strumpet

One thing that makes hair overproduce oil is washing it too much. If that's not the case I would try dry shampoo? You can kind of touch up the roots with it and then you don't have to wash it every day. I used to use it when I had bangs because they'd always get greasy unless I washed my hair every day. A friend of mine who has really nice hair says his is really greasy so he doesn't use conditioner every time, but if you have long hair that might be too drying.

Lily13

Oily hair can be hormonal too. Increased levels of DHEA and/or testosterone might be something to look into. I'm not sure where you live, but your doctor could easily order these tests for you.

I take DHEA, but if I take too much I get very oily hair (like you described) and I start to break out in acne on my face, back and neck. Also increased hair growth in the wrong places (like upper lip).

secret

thank girls,

i'm gonna try less of conditioner from now on.

and if its hormonal lily how do i fix it ? ps i;m in canada

secret said:
thank girls,

i'm gonna try less of conditioner from now on.

and if its hormonal lily how do i fix it ? ps i;m in canada
less conditioner? NEVER!!!!!!!! You will ruin your hair then!!!! You know what professional hairdressers tip is? If you wash your hair too often(like me, every day) then try to do it over day BUT if you MUST wash it the next day, wash it with CONDITIONER not shampoo! Shampoo dries the hair out! CONDITIONER gives it the body, vitamins, proteins everything that is needed for hair!

How do you fix it? well quite frankly, you cant do it on your own. Go to the doctor, she/he will tell you if it is hormonal and if it is then she/he will prescribe you something

Also depends on how old you are, how old are you?

I used to have a very oily scalp(and skin) but as I got older it became normal (not so long ago:p)

Lily13

You'd have to talk to a doctor. I have no idea! lol If your hormones are high, then there would be an underlying cause for this and that would need investigated and treated.

I can't use conditioner on my hair or it gets soo nasty, so I understand. Even without it my hair dresser is always amazed at how full and nice my hair is, so I don't think it's too big of a deal to not use conditioner as long as you aren't washing your hair excessively. I will use conditioner every once in a while only on the ends and never at the top of my head where the oils are concentrated the most.

secret

oh man shouldnt read this before i just showered, i'll try that tomorrow. and i'm in my early 20s

I went to a dr before, she just told me to use this product thats for acne -_-. It didnt seem to work at all. I will definitely book an app of another doctor to see about it.

Thanks tatiana and Lily

I used to have oily hair so i didnt use conditioner and i ruined my hair this way :p if you cant put it on the scalp (like me, because it gets too greasy) then definately use the conditioner on the ends and the lengths, just not the scalp!

Lily13

Oh I should probably mention I never blow dry my hair to or dye it. Not a whole lot of chemicals go into my hair, so that likely makes a big difference too.

Secret if you are getting acne and oily hair, you definitely need to get your hormones checked out! probably high DHEA or testosterone. Some doctors are so quick to hand out drugs without even testing first. :-\