Hand pump broke after 5 months of use ;(

alpacaxbag

Was pumping as normal and the piece that pushes the pump inside broke right off!! I'm really disappointed! I never felt like I was ever being rough or force it, and I don't sleep with the pump, so I have no idea how it could just break like that? I had only just started pumping for the day when it broke. I know it's plastic and somewhat delicate but yeesh!

Has anyone had this experience? If so, any way of fixing it? I'm thinking of super glue or a hot glue gun, but I know some types don't work well with some plastic (from experience).

Thanks for any tips/suggestions/help!

Briannam81

After years of pumping, I never found a reliable pump that didn't eventually break. I did find that buying self bleeding kits for car brakes have an identical pump to a lot of these styles of kits, and they even have pressure gauges so you can ensure you don't accidentally over pump. I will say that I did find an electric pump that was not cheap (about $130-ish I think) but it has been absolutely amazing. I don't know if I'm allowed to share links, but they're not too hard to find if you look for vacuum therapy pump. The one I have has a gauge in it and adjustable intensity, so I can ensure I'm getting the same strength of suction every time. No more wearing out my arms! Has definitely been a game changer for me and my pumping routine

Briannam81

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153787052525

That's the same model I bought. It's not quiet, but, it's not terribly loud no. I'm able to use it with it right next to me while I'm watching TV. It sounds kinda like an air compressor but not quite as loud as those tend to be. It also comes with breast cups, but they are not Noogleberry quality nor do they have any airlocks. I just used some cheap tubing I bought at a local hardware store to make a really long version for myself, though I have used the tube it comes with for my airlocks as well.

He's a video with just music over it to show what all it does. I was trying to find one that showed the sound, but found my same model. It comes with all those attachments that I've never used lol
https://youtu.be/7pcQ3yUzzgg

ariadne

No agenda - Just like noogling
A good electric pump is indeed a game-changer. This one looks ok - interestingly the scale on the gauge is exactly the same range as on the NB hand pump. I use a home made electric one (I'm an electronics enthusiast!) but the one you've illustrated looks pretty good value compared with making your own, and it looks robust enough. Maybe the advantage I have is if the pump motor fails I've only got to pay about 20 dollars for a new pump motor.

so, do the electric pumps really make such a difference?, in what way, eg quicker or better results?

not that I need an excuse for more boob related gadgets

Briannam81

It is indeed a game changer. It is much faster to build up the pressure (not unsafely so though). Kind of hard to describe, but a hand pump tends to be "jerky" in that you only get suction when you squeeze the handle. With electric, you just turn it on and it goes. I've never experienced it, but I would imagine it's quite like the difference between a hand pump operated breast milk pump and an electric.

well, I have the electric breast milk pump, which is sooooo addictive!
the point I was making, or asking, is does electric pumping give better / faster results for boob growth?
having read somewhere recently that if you use the electric bosom beauty or brava system, I cant remember which, you can expect a 20% redaction after stopping use?

Briannam81

In the way that a manual breast milk pump will have the same results as an electric, I don't think you can expect any different results from an electric pump. However, it's that it's so much physically easier to use it, that you may be more apt to use it more frequently. I think the reduction in size is just common across all methods of suction enlargement. Eventually things will go down in size. However, I would say I've gained at least 2 permanent cup sizes over the years.

ariadne

No agenda - Just like noogling
I agree with Briannam, but I'd add that electric may be more effective because it automatically increases the pressure before it depletes too much - thus increasing average pressure. In the cycle that you have with a hand pump, by the time you replenish the pressure it will have got down to a very low level. (talking negative pressures of course) x A

K

kevlovs69

this is usefull to (most of all for water noogling)

Attachments

• w1156.jpg
    w1156.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 11

glossy38c

Was pumping as normal and the piece that pushes the pump inside broke right off!! I'm really disappointed! I never felt like I was ever being rough or force it, and I don't sleep with the pump, so I have no idea how it could just break like that? I had only just started pumping for the day when it broke. I know it's plastic and somewhat delicate but yeesh!

Has anyone had this experience? If so, any way of fixing it? I'm thinking of super glue or a hot glue gun, but I know some types don't work well with some plastic (from experience).

Thanks for any tips/suggestions/help!
Hi there,

I have never had this experience, but these hand pumps are of very low quality and give up the ghost so quickly. I am a bit surprised and saddened that Noogleberry have never seen fit to improve the quality or reduce the price of this most unreliable and essential piece of the system!
I now find myself in a situation where another hand pump has failed, so I am in the process of ordering a better quality vacuum pump made from metal which has a gauge, all for the same price as the noogleberry replacement!

glossy38c

LOW QUALITY VACUUM HAND PUMPS @ A HIGH PRICE!

Once again I find myself in a position that I am unable to pump because one of these units has failed! What really grinds my gears is the asking price to replace one, which currently stands at about 26 pounds!
I would be highly surprised if Noggleberry pay more than 5 pounds per unit, which means a mark up of more than 400% for this most flimsy piece of essential equipment.
In fact the pump is like the human heart, the most important part of your system. If it fails you system is dead, like you would be if your heart failed.

However Noogleberry continue to supply this poorly made hand pump to their loyal customers, at grossly inflated prices.

I did a web search today and found the self same pump for less than half the price, but naturally I did not buy.

However I have purchased a more robust looking item which also has an attached gauge.

I will in due course after receiving and testing this unit post a complete appraisal.

If it is a winner I will attach a link for it.

stevieie

LOW QUALITY VACUUM HAND PUMPS @ A HIGH PRICE!

Once again I find myself in a position that I am unable to pump because one of these units has failed! What really grinds my gears is the asking price to replace one, which currently stands at about 26 pounds!
I would be highly surprised if Noggleberry pay more than 5 pounds per unit, which means a mark up of more than 400% for this most flimsy piece of essential equipment.
In fact the pump is like the human heart, the most important part of your system. If it fails you system is dead, like you would be if your heart failed.

However Noogleberry continue to supply this poorly made hand pump to their loyal customers, at grossly inflated prices.

I did a web search today and found the self same pump for less than half the price, but naturally I did not buy.

However I have purchased a more robust looking item which also has an attached gauge.

I will in due course after receiving and testing this unit post a complete appraisal.

If it is a winner I will attach a link for it.
Do you have a link for the metal one, also on the subject of guage, what pressure is recommended ?

buber

Just ordered this one on eBay for £10. what pressure should I use ?
I use 5 vac in lbs. at most. 3 to me seems to suck every thing in.
Remember all measurements are the same but, the gauges are different. These are just cheap gauges not certified.
I have my cups on now at 3vac. in.lbs. And everything is stretched in the cups.
Use the vacuum that feels good to you. Don't hurt yourself.