Late period due to suctioning???

A

Ann

Hi,
My period is 2 weeks late. I'm not sure what the cause is. I'm defenitly not pregnant, just got a test yesterday and the results were negative...I dont feel like I was anyhow. I'm usually on time. I am taking herbal supplements and added a couple of things in a week before my period came. I added wild yam cream and alfalfa.

Just so I can pin point what could be causing a delay, do any of you ladies especially Louise and Tweety (since you guys have done suction for awhile now) know if suction can mess up my cycle? Please let me know. I am happy to report though that I have gained an inch. I'm really anxious for my period to come so that I can see if this increase isn't just temporary swelling.

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Ann, im not aware that breast pumping has any effect on your periods and it certainly hasnt been mentioned on the forum. It will interesting to see what others think.

best wishes
Lucy
:)

C

cj

Hi Ann. I haven't had any problems with a late period. There are many different factors (aside from pregnancy) that can cause your period to be late. Change in diet, stress, or heavily increasing/decreasing your exercise routine can all affect your period.

The only "side effect" I've noticed from using the Noogleberry is pimples/acne. It's similar to what happened when you were a teenager and naturally developing breasts. You got pimples then, too. It's not too bad though. I'm willing to put up with some temporary pimples in exchange for the possibility of larger breasts. ;D

T

tweety21ca

There is a breast enhancement system called Grow Yours that uses an intense massage regime for the breasts. It is designed to stimulate the ducts so they grow like they would if you were pregnant, only there is no lactation. So it is quite possible that the suction of the breasts could affect your cycle. When I first started using NB my period was a couple weeks late. I didn't make the connection until you mentioned it. I am always on time, so at the time I attributed it to stress. But you never know? Some breast enhancement herbs can mess with your cycle, too.

A

Ann

Hmmm, ok. That's somewhat good to hear. I am aware of Grow Yours, not that I did it....but I've read women's experiences from it. Some good, some bad. Like with everything, each woman will react differently.

I did have some spotting this morning. I dont mind the delay, my boobs are looking great and it hasn't been a month yet since using the NB. I pray that they stay this way. Anyhow, I'm still interested to know if anyone's had a delay with their period. I might try to make a poll. Take care everyone.

N

Nicky

Hi Ann.

I am glad to hear you are noticing the results. I have slight growth, I fill the top portion of my bra much better now, but when I don't have my bra on, I don't notice the difference too much.

I do however fill the large cups now, my nipples press against the top, but they still reduce in size greatly when I remove the domes.

I have not had any probs with my periods, but I take the pill anyway so my periods are regular. Lots of things as mentioned by some members on here affect periods, diet, stress, weight loss or gain, illness etc. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but a trip to your doctor might put your mind at rest.

How old are you Ann, if you don't mind me asking? Another reason for missed periods could be the body going through the change, some women do go through it at a young age. A friend of mine went through the change aged 29.

I think the best thing to do is visit your GP if it worries you Ann, least they can put your mind at rest.

Keep up the good work with the pumping.

N

nequoia

I am not sure what herbal supplements you are taking but I was on some for breast enhacnement before and my period was all messed up!

T

tweety21ca

Mirifem messed my periods up! It is plant estrogen that mimics the estrogen in the body. I even wonder if it was responsible for my abnormal paps - as soon as I stopped using Mirifem they came back normal.

A

Ann

Nicky,
Thanks for the input. I just turned 29. I did actually get my period a few days ago. Although it was really really light. I'm not that worried because as I mentioned before I added a few more herbals that might have messed things up.

My cycle was doing great since a few months back even though I was on a regular herbal routine. I'm just taking the basic BE herbs like fenugreek, fennel, saw palmetto, and wild yam. I am thinking to just go off most of the herbs and stick with the NB.

N

nenenkici

i used my NB for 22days and i still dnt hv my period yet (2weeks late). Im not sure if it's bcuz of using the NB. i'll do my pregnancy test 2nite incaz im pregnant. will tell u guys later.