leaky pump?

ramona

I've had my system for over two years but haven't used it consistently. One of the cups has a small crack due to me dropping it and I always thought this is why I have to apply one pump every 30 seconds. Well I tried hydro yesterday so i filled the cups and noticed water dripping steadily from the hole on the back of the pump. I hung everything up and after several minutes the water had drained from the cups. Is my pump defective?

James

I suppose it would be better if you got an official answer from noogleberry, but there is nothing in your description that would make me think there is anything wrong with your pump. I would suggest that you get some plastic glue (for plastic model cars, airplanes etc.) and apply it to the crack(s) in your dome. This should stop the leak, and prevent the crack from getting bigger.

The pump is designed to flow from front to back, so seeing water go through it would be normal. If it was leaking, you would see air bubbles going through the tube from the pump to the dome.