Losing suction?

Q

QueenBee

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it is normal to lose suction slightly. For example, I pump until it is really tight, then if I sit for a moment, I can pump more because some air has gotten into the cups. Is this what NB is supposed to do? So if I leave it on for an hour, I am pretty much actively pumping for that time intermittently. Just want to see if I am doing it right!

Thank you!

K

kultzu

Hi QueenBee,

That sounds right and it is normal. Although I ,too, feel that I pump it tight but after a little while I need to pump more. This is the fact even slight movement could cause the air to leak.

I find it work fine with me and not really bothering much. Just have to remember to repeat couple of pumping at the beginning then I can hold it a little longer.

Hope this helps,
Kultzu

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Queenbee, i find it does vary from person to person but it may well be worth checking you have to leaks from the tubing connectors or hand pump. Do you have the new type hand pump? also are you using the medium cup rings? because if so, you will find that you have to pump more,

just let me know,

best wishes
Lucy :)

N

Natale69

Hi Queenbee,

I've noticed that if I don't use any lube on the end of the cups that I get leaks and some farting noises if I move about. However, I use petroleum jelly around the entire cup. I'll get a big gob of it on my finger and spread it by placing it on the outer edge. I start out by spreading it around the entire cupand then smooth it by lightly placing my finger on the high point in the center and the edge, then I just run my finger around the entire cup to spread it out evenly. I also use a moisturizing cream in the same manner but I find if I want to remain pumped for and extended period of time the Vaseline will last longer as the moisturizer tends to absorb faster and once absorbed it does loose some suction. That should do the trick, if not LMK and I can offer a few other thoughts

Regards,
Natale69