Needing suggestions for a nice fake tan

charitywat88

Hi ladies! I know I've read about some of u using fake tanners. Would anyone who uses any type of sunless tanner that actually works right please make a few suggestions? I'm so tired of wasting money and experimenting with junk that has good reviews but leaves me streaky, spotted or orange! Arrgh! I'm sick of being so stinking white! Lol. I refuse to go to the tanning bed because my aunt did for years and her skin is so shriveled now she looks ten years older than she actually is. I cant lay out cause I live in town. But I really want a nice tan that's not gonna cost a fortune. Any suggestion appreciated! Thanks, Charity :)

Rachiex

Hi Charity

I've tried them ALL! my favourites are Fake Bake or L'oreal (the one in the gold spray can with the orange nozzle).

The only fail safe one that has been the best and most natural ever was a professional spray tan where they use a solution called Bali sun (or something very similar). Once I have the money, I'm going to get these done every 10 days or so. It's £10 with the lady I go to so it's well worth it and never orange.

Maybe you could see if there is a lady doing that in your area...? Good luck getting your tan - best way to do it is without sun. Don't want skin cancer or premature aging...!

X x x x

that1spaztichik

I haven't tried it, but I've heard good things about the l'oreal. My advice would be to google different ones and read the reviews. Or, what I like to do is go on drugstore.com (my favorite shop of choice) and read the reviews. Or sephora.com (my FAVORITE but VERY hard on my wallet choice) has reviews that are great too, depending on what you want to buy...drugstore or high end. Good luck!

charitywat88

Thanks for the replies! I'll have to try the ones mentioned. I've considered fake bake before but never tried it. I've googled and read reviews but I tried a couple that had a lot of good reviews and only a few negative and they were horrible for me. I guess it's my skin type or something. I dunno. I'm not really fair skinned so the tanners for fair skin don't do anything for me and the ones for med to dark leave me streaky. Oh and I'm looking for drugstore, lol, can't afford the high end stuff. Thanks again!!! ;D

Rachiex

Oooh - also, Sally Hansen is really good. The light one is the best one because it is more natural and the darker ones tend to be a strange orangey pink colour. It's not permanent but it doesn't really come off like a temporary tan and is great for emergencies or a night out.

I use an instant tan for one-off applications but I get it from Asda in the UK (not sure where you're from). I wear it in the hot tub and it doesn't really wash off in there, you need to scrub it off. The best face tanners I've tried are the Lorea' spray one (for body but I use it on my face), Benefit 'Benetint' and the BEST bronzer I have ever tried is Benefit Hula which is really natural and can be built up to give a natural or deep tan.

(Bit of an expert on Fake tan so I thought I'd give a few more of my findings if it helps anyone)!
x

dee31

hi i have tried just about every fake tan i can get my hands on lol i'm also very pale and i found that alot of tanners made me orange. If u want a nice glow i would recommend sugar baby mousse it smells coconuty and is so easy to apply and dries really fast another of my favs was xen tan dark lotion but it costs alot and wasn't as easy to apply but the colour was really nice i ended up mixing it with the sugar baby mousse and applying it (alot easier to apply) and the colour came out a nice shade of brown aswell hope this helps :)

A

alexis

i usually made my own self tanning spray by using black tea.. you will need about 10 tea bags of black tea. Boil the bags for 5 minutes. Then let them seep for 20 minutes. When they cool to room temperature, pour into your spray bottle. Use the spray after you dry off after a shower. Its very natural and it made my skin looks naturally tan..works for me:))

Anastasia916

When I use sunless tanners I use Fake Bake or Sun Laboratories both I've found are really good. I tried a ton from like drug stores but they all were crap.

H

hopefulgurl

I also use Fake bake. I love it because it does not turn your skin orange like most other products I have tried.

hello! For those of you who use sunless tanner, how has NB affected this if at all? I had a heard time looking "even" last summer and I did use sunless tanner and noogled. I ended up using make up to try to look even. What has helped you?

Thanks!