New Padding Solution ... YES!!!!

Tina

Thanks for the explanantion Mel!

How long does it take for the silicone to dry? Mine has been drying for almost 2 days (tomorrow will ne 2 days) and it is still not dry, perhaps I put too much?

Also, do I put some silicone gel on the inside part where the cup meets the end of the plumbing foam?

What did you do with the adhesive?

itsjust4fun91

hmmmm, the silicone should be dry by now if it's been two days, unless you did it all at once and put it on crazy heavy. The thicker it is, the longer it will take, which is why I broke it down into two steps for drying purposes. Is the outside of it still sticky to the touch or is it trying to dry on the outside, but feeling like it could be squishy inside still? If it's sticky to the touch, it could be a bad tube of silicone, which is rare, but can happen if it's an old tube that was exposed to temp changes not stored properly. If it's trying to at least set up on the outside some, it could be a couple of things. Thickness of the silicone, humidity, or cold. I would wait and see what it feels like tomorrow to decide which problem it is. If it's just due to thickness, it will just take longer is all.

I put the silicone on the inside of the cup as well as the outside and smeared a very thin layer over the foam itself to help protect it from the lotions and such, but that was just me, you should be aware if you do decide to put a thin coat of it on the foam, if you don't get it perfectly smooth it will leave a very very light mark on the skin sometimes, but it goes away as fast as the pink after pumping.

I ignored having the tape and still glued with the silicone like there was none. I sealed every crease and crevice there was to be found whether it was the foam meeting the cup, or foam meeting foam, to insure absolute air tight seals.

Mel

Z

Zenity

Okay girls, this is an overseas SOS call for all of you willing to help.

I have been trying to find the Foaming at local stores to no avail :'( I had found one similar, but it is no thick enough and I am afraid with the pressure will not accomplish its purpose of sealing and giving a nice cushion to avoid marks and pain.

I have done a research on the internet and can't find it online around and from the states they do not ship it here. I am waiting for a seller on Ebay UK to clarify if the type of foam they had is the same one or not.

As Armacell sells many different types of armaflex is quite annoying to find the right one without seeing it physically.

Well, my call is for Mel or any of you kind enough to do a little shopping for me and send 2 pieces of the foaming to Europe for me.
Of course I would pay in advance through paypal to cover expenses.

Please, please girls, help me out here.

If anyone can help me out PM me as I do not want to hijack this thread, and! If there is any chance that any of you need/want something from Europe do not hesitate to ask, as I know how frustrating is sometimes to get things overseas, with super-high shipping expenses. Sometimes shipping is actually more expensive than the product itself....

Thanks in advance to those big hearts (behind those big boobs... lol) so kind to help me out. :-* :-* :-*

Z

Zenity

Mel & Joanne,

Thank you again for being so supportive.

I am in love with this forum and I think you girls are the most helpful people on distance I 've ever had the pleasure to deal with.
I guess Lucy's spirit is spreading all over the forum. ;)

Thanks again for being wonderful people. :-*

M

Mumma Bear

A quick tip for the Aussie nooglers - you can find it at Reece. It's the 12mm one you want and it's sold in 2m lengths for $4.95. Has Armaflex printed on it. It's not split lengthwise, nor does it have the adhesive peel back thingy as described from other countries, but it is v easy to slice open and I've used the Selleys Plastic Glue to stick it on before sealing with silicone. Happy to paypal it for anyone who is hours from a Reece outlet, as I go to the PO several times a week for work.

itsjust4fun91

Mumma bear,
Let us know after everything dries enough to give them a go. I can't wait to hear how it works for everyone.

Mel

M

Mumma Bear

All drying in the sun right now - could be ready for a session tonight as I didn't use much silicone - just a tiny bit along the inside and outside lines - I used the superglue to attach inside. Fingers crossed that's enough for a good seal. :)

J

joanne

got my padding going to give it a go today hope i do ok looks a bit tricky!! but worth it if it gives me no red rings!! then lots more boobie swelling can be done :)

M

Mumma Bear

Well - first Foamy-Noogle session and I am wrapped! Swelling is much better than normal and the red rings are much much lighter - not quite as good as itsjustforfun's pics but much less red and 'denty' than usual for me. I have now just trimmed away a bit of foam from around the inside to make a bit of room and hopefully the red rings will be even better next session. Snoogle tonight - will be interesting to see how it goes.

Thanks so much itsjustforfun - brilliant idea!!

itsjust4fun91

another source for this foam insulation is frost king self sealing rubber pipe insulation 5/8 id x 1/2, i just found it at lowes and it's the same stuff as the armacell.

itsjust4fun91

mumma bear, did you fill the inside of the foam with the silicone too or just seal it along the edges? i'm asking because i'm very surprised you had hardly any markings at all but filling the insulation can make a difference because of weight distribution. once filled and solid it's a wider rim edge to press on the padding than if it's only the thin rim pressing on it without the silicone supporting it. mel once again sorry for lowercase. at some point i'll learn hoe to capitalize with my phone...

M

Mumma Bear

Hi Mel,
Thanks for your post!

I didn't fill the inside up with silicone as I'm using the L domes - so there's not any room for much bulk there - I had to wrap the foam tightly around the rims - bringing the outside of it about 1cm higher than the inside edge. Plus I've trimmed the inside foam - going to smooth those out today with a bit of sandpaper - hope that works. I also expect some sort of redness as my noogle sessions are 3hrs+. I'd probably do the fill with lots of silicone for the XLs.

My Foamy-Snoogle session went really well last night. Didn't loose suction once and the swelling is fantastic. Faint rings faded pretty quick after shower. Much more comfy (and not messy) than the Blutac. WIth this new padding I think my progress will be much better ;D

I think this foam works so well because it's so soft and it has no sharp edges.

itsjust4fun91

Yeah, I'm in love with this stuff too. It's just so amazing how soft and smooth it is. I keep telling my husband how awesome he is for showin me this stuff! I've already seen a major improvement in my swelling since making this, so I would think you will too and then move up to the XL in no time, plus knowing you will pad them with this stuff takes away some of the concern we all use to have about moving up a cup--will they fit?

Glad you're enjoying the padding!

Mel

sunsetz

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your interesting tips. Gonna hunt for the foam tomorrow and see if this works out for me :).

Keep you guys posted.

Sunsetz

sunsetz

itsjust4fun91 said:
another source for this foam insulation is frost king self sealing rubber pipe insulation 5/8 id x 1/2, i just found it at lowes and it's the same stuff as the armacell.

Hi Mumma Bear, I'm wondering how trimming the foam worked out for you. I am using the XL cup at the moment and really enjoying the swelling I get. I don't want the padding to reduce my swelling especially since I love the rounder look this cup gives me. However, I would love to be able to go out sooner after noogling and am concerned about getting indentations. Did the sand paper improve the foam?

Sunsetz :)

sunsetz

Went on the hunt for the insulation today and apparently none of the hardware stores in my town even know what it is :mad: (I live in Jamaica). So gonna order online and let u guys kno how it works out soon. I managed to get the silicone tho.

melons

Hey ladies,

Can you help me with a online link for AU to purchase the insulation and the silicone ? I have a friend in AU who will be visiting my country so she could get it for me when she visits me.

She may not be able to go to Reece to purchanse it.

luv,
melons

M

Mumma Bear

sunsetz said:
Hi Mumma Bear, I'm wondering how trimming the foam worked out for you. I am using the XL cup at the moment and really enjoying the swelling I get. I don't want the padding to reduce my swelling especially since I love the rounder look this cup gives me. However, I would love to be able to go out sooner after noogling and am concerned about getting indentations. Did the sand paper improve the foam?

Hi Sunsetz - yes, it worked really well and didn't affect the seal at all. I also used the silcone to smooth out where the foam joins the cup on the inside. I've just foamed up my XL cups now - much less fiddly to do than the Ls.

M

Mumma Bear

melons said:
Hey ladies,

Can you help me with a online link for AU to purchase the insulation and the silicone ? I have a friend in AU who will be visiting my country so she could get it for me when she visits me.
She may not be able to go to Reece to purchanse it.
luv,
melons
Hi Melons, just did a big search on plumbing supplies/hardwares/all the places we used when we renovated a few years back and I couldn't find anything at all I'm sorry. She can definitely get the silicone at Kmart, and Home Hardware/Bunnings/Mitre10/Reece/Tradelink will all have Armaflex - make sure she gets the 12mm inside diameter one. Happy to paypal it for you if she's somewhere remote and doesn't have any of those closeby :)