Pump no longer working

cmk94

When I try to pump, no suction is created. I have to pump constantly to get any kind of suction. Is this something I can fix?

ariadne

No agenda - Just like noogling
Hi - first eliminate the possibility it is a leaky connection or dome - i.e. connect one dome via one tube to the pump, then if necessary try another dome. So if this points to the pump then it needs replacing. I doubt if it is user servicable. You can buy as spare part from NB. Dont be tempted to cheap ones on ebay because the NB pumps are very robust and reliable - if you've got a failure it is a rarity.
Hope this helps
A

cmk94

I think it's the pump itself. I have checked the tubing for leaks and checked to make sure they're connected to both domes correctly, but still isn't working :(

James

The easiest way to check the pump is to fold the tube just a few inches from the pump so it blocks air flow, and then pump. The likelihood of there being a leak in the short distance is small.

One thing you can try is to put a few drops of oil into the intake of the pump (remove the hose). You will have to thoroughly clean the outside of the pump nozzle afterwards with isopropyl alcohol to remove any traces of oil on the outside before replacing the tube. Otherwise the tube will slide off (if required use the isopropyl alcohol on the inside of the tube too).

cmk94

There is no leak in the hose anywhere. The problem is that the pump is not creating any suction anymore. i can squeeze the handle and it releases, but it doesn't create any suction.....