pump with gauge

SueB5

Hi
I just wondered if anyone has used this pump because I need to buy a new pump since my brava smart box died. Is the gauge useful as I am concerned about overpumping?

Paloma

Hi Sue,

I was interested in the gauged pump and posted a thread asking for feedback on it quite a while ago - I got hardly any response at all so my impression is that hardly anyone uses it. Eman used it, but I sent her a pm about it and never heard back... most folks say they can tell if they're over pumping just by feel and the color of their breast in the dome...

...hope that helps...

out of curiosity - how hard does Brava suck your breast into the dome? do you get red breasts or purple? how does it feel?

thnx : )

jnorton22002

Hi Paloma,

regarding your question about gauges. They DO work well. It is best to pump under 10 lbs of pressure. Yes you can usually tell if the pressure IS too great. I don't believe Lucy has a gauged pump though. Just remember to pump until you feel a very goog pull. then back off and wait till the feeling goes down and then repump

Hugs to you my dear :-* :-* Mama Joni

Paloma

Thanks Mama!

Actually Lucy does have a gauged pump, but I didn't end up buying it 'cuz she couldn't instruct me how to read it! lol :D

SueB5

Hi Paloma
Thanks for your response. I have managed quite well without the gauge over the last few days so maybe I will save my money and go by how I feel - I don't know?
In answer to your question, Brava seems to be considered gentle in relation to noogleberry. The smart box is very small (3 x 2 inches) It attaches to the tubes and sucks out the air, controling and monitoring the pressure, so you can forget about it. I have never had to think about it. However, I know how it should feel so I can replicate it, and everyone else seems to manage. I have never had purple breasts or anything else. I just had 2 tiny spots which bled over my period time but I know now to be more careful at that time as my breasts are swollen anyway. I had been using the system for about 6 hours over the day divided between 4 periods because I was working from home on my pc.
Hi Joni
Do you use a gauge or just know about them? I am interested? I have not heard anyone mention it at all n this forum yet I know a few people have over pumped. I guess it is all experimentation!

Sue

jnorton22002

Hi Sue,

Yes, my dear, I have used the gauged pumps before. They are very nice. The interesting thing about them is they are very sensitive to palm pressure. That is, they are very accurate at pressure when you squeeze them. I'm doubtful if they would make noogling any better though.

The pressure used with gauge should never be over 10lbs on the dial. It has always been suggest by the mfg co to be max pressure. I got mine from a place called L.A. Distributors. Google them on the computer and they will show up. I still have the pump, but I prefer to use noogleberry pump. I hope I have helped you dear.

Hugs to you Mama joni :-* :-* :-*

SueB5

Hi Mama
Thanks for the info. Noogleberry have one now which is fitted to their pump and I need to buy a pump now so I might try it.
Sue

Paloma

Hey SueB5 let us know if you figure out how to read the gauge - i'd be very interested!
Thanks hon!

SueB5

Hi Tristan
I have personally decided not to buy one as I have got used to it now and go by how I feel. The feedback from others on here supported my decision. If I had to buy a pump, I would definitely get a gauge for safety but I don't need to buy one and could spend the money on other things. I think it would have been very useful to have at the beginning when I was learning to judge the pressure but not now for me. I go by how it feels. Good luck!
Sue

SueB5

I have changed my mind and bought one of these gauge pumps and I received it today. I see that it has a green area which I presume means that I need to stay within those boundaries. However, I very briefly tried it and I would not like to reach the top end of the green as it was uncomfortable. I plan to find my comfort limit and keep to it. Which is really what I have already done. I guess it is an information resource. Not sure how it helps yet. I thought there would some detailed instructions or recommendations but not so. I suppose I understand that as we are all different and need to take responsibility for ourselves.
Paloma I have tired to give feedback but can't find you so I hope you see this as I know you were interested. I will look again later. Sue

SueB5

I have now used the pump a few times with the gauge and don't really understand it. When I pump it goes up but then returns to the start when I stop. I can make it go up and stay up, but even just a little move up the green area means that I feel uncomfortable. I would have thought that the aim might be to aim for the middle of the green and hold. There is no way I could sustain that. Does any movement on the guage that does not return to the start point mean I have over pumped? I am struggling to understand what I am seeing and wonder if it is working properly. Any ideas from anyone who has used it? Sue

jnorton22002

Hi Sue,

I've had a pump with gauge before, just not a noogleberry one. It is intended to show SAFE pressure. I don't quite know what trouble you are having but if you ARE getting suction that's good. Remember the green area is the safe area, the main point hasn't changed pump until you feel a good pull and stop. Note the pressure and where it is at and use that as your SAFE point. Try that SUE and see how it goes. I'm only guessing but I think I'm close Hugs Mama J :-* :-*

SueB5

Hi Joni. Thanks for that. The problem I have is that it is very uncomfortable if the gauge moves at all so I was wondering if it is working properly. I think the problem is that I have gone up a size in domes and need to be very gentle at the moment and just gain sucktion at this stage otherwise I get the spots and blotchy purple breasts. However, this only lasts a short time and they return but I think it is a warning sign. I have pledged to wait a while to settle in before attempting to move up the green area on the gauge. Thanks Joni, much appreciated. Sue

Tim

The way the gauges work is they measure vacuum in InWc. It stands for inches of water column. There are 12 inches of water column in 1 psi. When you see the gauge bleeding down that is because of the air leaking down somewhere. Where I find it leaking is typically at the crease between the breast and armpit. I hope this helps.

WishUponAStar

To answer, scientifically, the question posed much earlier in this thread, about the use of the Noogleberry gauged pump in place of the failed Brava Smartbox/Sportbox: To begin with, vacuum (negative pressure) is expressed in many different units of measurement, and to convert them, one must mathematically use the proper unit conversion factors; luckily, to change from Inches of Mercury (inHg or "Hg)(what the gauge markings on the Noogleberry gauged pump reads) to millimeters of Mercury (what the Brava literature is indicated in) is quite easy - just remember that 1 inch of mercury (inHg/"Hg) is equal to 25.4 mm of mercury (mmHg).

- Per the link http://www.mybrava.com/using-your-graphs.asp it states that the Smartbox does not record the reading unless it senses the vacuum is at least 8 mmHg & that on the pressure graph (computer display of all the recorded Brava Smartbox measurements) the readings (taken automatically at 10 minute intervals) should be in the 15 to 33 mmHg vacuum range (0.59 - 1.30 inHg).

- Per the patent filing for patent # 5536233 http://www.google.com/patents/US5536233 inventor Dr. Roger H Khouri (Brava inventor)
indicates the domes are sufficiently strong to withstand an interior negative pressure of 35 mmHg (1.38 inHg) and that the therapeutic pressure related to the patent methodology is "regulating the vacuum to 35 mm Hg or less"

- Elsewhere, in some clinical trials info I've come across (last updated March 28, 2013 but not published yet (so just enter this: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00466765?displayxml=true ) into your browser & scroll down to the main /bulky paragraph area or do a search on the page (Control-F on my computer) for mmHg); the clinical trial info was for another procedure (I believe also pioneered by Dr. Roger H Khouri - where the vacuum breast tissue expansion precedes and afterwards aids recovery/maintenance of fat tissue grafts, into the breasts, from other body regions) - it indicates "Pressure will range from 15 mmHg to 105mmHg and will be achieved and regulated by either SmartBox, bulb syringe and/or Brava Turbo devices. This will open up the tissue planes and maximally expand the recipient breast in preparation for graft insertion". These reported pressure indications would mean vacuum levels of 0.59 - 4.13 inHg.

- Remember that the traditional (i.e. not combined w/ fat graft) Brava protocol was intended to have the domes worn for 10 hours daily, for 10+ weeks, in order to effect the advertised breast tissue expansion; many Nooglers are apparently going higher in vacuum (negative pressure), for comparatively short daily wear/treatment times, and still reporting resultant tissue expansion. However, without a gauge to accurately indicate on the vacuum pressure that was employed, the data & methodology cannot accurately be transmitted from one user, to be followed & hopefully replicated in another. As well, some are also reporting tissue irritation, discoloration and damage with their high vacuum methodologies, while they were in pursuit of the fastest breast growth. However, I do not recall any of these "damage" reports also containing numeric indications of vacuum level achieved which led to the tissue complications; if it had been reported, the data & report would have been immensely more valuable for other Nooglers.

Personally, I would rather avoid further stretch marks on my body, or any other things which would detract from potential skin health/beauty, including in the breast area. I also feel it is much easier to be safe & consistent in individual treatment applications when vacuum levels are able to be monitored by an instrument wherein accurate perception of vacuum level is not influenced by subjective human physiological factors such as fatigue, hormones, hydration, etc.

Best wishes for all in their safe & comfortable noogling