Taping nipples?

M

momofbats

Hi all! I remember reading a post that someone taped their nipples before pumping. Could you please tell me how to do this. I have tried, but as soon as I start to pump, the tape pops off. I get a lot of pull on my nipples, and after pumping they are very hard and tender, and I'm hoping taping them will alleviate this.

Thanks girls!
>momofbats<

Z

Zenity

Same here... My nipples were so tender that I stopped using the pumps because of that.
I want to try again though I am a bit afraid of having nipples issues again, wich BTW leads me to another question:

Would taping avoid nipples enlargement? If not is there any way to avoid nipples grow or expand while using the suction?

Thanks!

Hi everyone

Be careful taping your nipples. I got skin burns and cuts from taping mine. Use blister bandaids (they stretch) or a medical tape that stretches.

Before using your pump, apply the bandaids about 2 hours before, this will give them a chance to adhere to your body.

Also, be careful not to pump to hard. All you need is a pull. Avoid purple boobs.

Z

Zenity

Thnx Orchid

I can't seem to find the way to make this work for me. Tapping does not work as the tape will pop when I pump. Don't now what else can I try, as I do not want to deform my nipples. They are showing an alteration on shape that wasn't there before.
As much as I love pumping I am not sure I can deal with some undesidered side effects like this....

It sucks! :mad:

cleo

I've been pumping for 2 months now and haven't had any problems with enlarged/sore nipples at all until last night. When I took off the domes my nipples looked much longer than normal and were very hard and tender. They were the same when i woke up and have remained like this all day. It does not feel or look good. Really don't know why they are suddely reacting like this after 2 months as I haven't changed my technique or been pumping harder. I was wondering if taping the nipples has worked for others with the same problem or has it persisted?

Z

Zenity

Orchid, I am curious to hear what brand do you use? Sounds like are an expert on this subject, ;)

cleo

Tried stretchy band aids for my first session last night. They stayed on fine but would be expensive if I had to do this every session as I try and do 2 sessions a night. I didn't use so much pressure last night and although the swelling wasn't so much, at least my nipples are better this morning. Maybe I will just reduce the pressure a bit from now on as I really don't want to be bothered with taping my nipples each time I noogle.

Buy a roll of Nexcare stretchy tape. Its about 3 to 4 dollars for a whole roll. It will last and it stays put. I use less pressure than I think a lot of people do.

I have also learned to cut slits around the edges of the tape. This disperses the pressure. to avoid getting skin marks at the edge of the tape.

I wear my domes all night, so I think I have to be a little more careful than if you only wear yours for an hour or two.

good luck :)

anxious999

I too have had this same problem, after pumping fine for a month i now suddenley had nipple enlargment/pain/tenderness when pumping. The only thing that I have changed is the cream i use...i ran out normal body cream so used bio-oil a couple of days ago, which is more liquidy...so I will revert back to cream and see if my nipples get any better, and of course will report back to this thread :)

gypsygirl2010

ok
ive used brava before and now noogleberry pump with the brava domes and i have learned that using nexcare or any other brand of surgical paper tape latex free works great. it wont come off while pumping. after i remove the domes i carefully peel them since they come of easily. remove them gently then i apply bio oil to soften the area and it helps so when i pump again during the day they dont hurt or feel irritaded anymore. also for the domes since i took off the silicone the brava domes had i covered the domes with nexcare padded tape. it is beige in color and it cushions the skin so you dont feel pain on the chest, the best part is that is thin enough and allows for suction to happen from the domes

hope this info helps all of you
love
gypsygirl

anxious999

i came to the conclusion that when i use bio-oil (liquid type) it seems to be the cause of the nipple pain/enlargement. I reverted back to thick body cream and havn't had any problems since :D

A

alexis

i tried this before..and i must say it was my first and last time i'm doing it..
its so bloody painful when u want to peel the tape out!!!!

Anastasia916

use a facial pad, those circular ones, and make sure it's the size of your areola, put that over your nipple then tape that down, maybe that would work?

I know tape straight on the nipple would hurt coming off, I have one of those natural bras, and the adhesive tape got on my areola once, I cried like a child pulling it off!

charitywat88

I have to tape my nipples because when I breastfed it stretched them out and I noticed when I looked in the mirror with the domes on, my nipples were HUGE! So I tried taping them, but I cut a round piece of paper or papertowel and put in the middle of the tape that way the tape is not directly touching my nipple. This works ok, but bandaids work best for me. I put one longways across my nip and one up and down (like a cross). I have to use really wide ones because I want it to cover the entire nipple. I would like to find some round ones but haven't had a chance to look yet. Btw, I use a LOT of pressure and don't have a problem with the bandaids coming off, and they don't come off if I get a little cream on them. Anywayz this works great for me, but I know we all must find out what works for us through trial and error. I did anyway. :)

Stella

I haven't tried this yet bc I'm still waiting on my NB, but I remember taping when I tried enlarging with magnets. After a couple days the tape was extremely irritating. Now that I think about it, it probably had to do with taking the tape off, not really the taping itself. I wonder if taking the tape off in the shower would make it easier on the skin?