Tubing nightmare!!

S

SASSY

Having a great deal of trouble getting everything to fit together properly at the mo! ???

To start with I was using the airlock connectors, one just in front of each cup so I could pump & then disconnect the pump. This worked very well apart from the great long sticky-out tubes that got in the way. So I decided to get some elbow connectors to angle the tubes downwards out of the way, when they arrived they were too small for the NB sized tubing but looked the right size for standard aquarium tubing which I popped out & got some to try after reading others success using it.

I must have tried for about an hour to get the smaller tubing over the ends of the NB cups using heat, wetting the nozzle of the cups etc..........but it's not working! For the record, it's 6mm diameter & 4mm internal diameter blue silicone tubing.
maybe the tubing that Lucy is trialling is different somehow? if so i'll give that a go!

If ANYONE has any ideas, thoughts or suggestions here please, please let me know (before i throw it out of my window!!) ;D

Sarah x

G

ginatv

Hi Sassy. Well, I bought some aquarium tubing, one way check valves and some right angle adaptors. I put the aquarium tubing on the ends of the adaptors and valves, trrimmed the tubing back so it was level with the ends of each adaptor and valve. These are are then easily fitted to the orange tubing I have from noogleberry, they went in with just a little twisting motion. So what I have is a 1" length piece of orange tubing attached to aright angle adaptor which is attached to a 3 quarter inch length piece of orange tubing onto which I have my valve then a final piece of 1"long piece of tubing. It is anice compact piece of equipment, 100% airtight and took me only ten minutes to make two of them and I have been using them daily for about a month. I just pump up then remove the pump and a perfect seal is maintained
The orange tubing is the best for this project, I have tried the clear, it is possible but very difficult as the internal diameter is slightly smaller
My home made piece stands out one and a half inches from the dome then does a right angle down for three and a half inches. To release the vacuum I can either slide my fngers between breast and dome or remove the unit completely off the dome which is what I do so as to alternate between domes and nipple enlargers untill I make two more. I hope you find something that may be of use to you from this. Gina

S

SASSY

Thankyou So Much Gina!! YOU'RE A STAR ;D ;D ;D

Did just as you said by putting the smaller gauge tubing on the ends of all the connectors then putting the clear NB tubing over this- works a dream!! I was getting really mad earlier so a big big thanks for helping me!

love Sarah :D (a much happier bunny now!)

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Sarah and Gina, isnt this such a good forum for sorting out problems! Many thanks Gina, i ll have to read your post a few times to visualise what you have made so if you have a picture that would be great and i could upload to the forum.

Sarah, you are doing some great pioneering work with your 'elbows' and any pics you have of the set up would be great. I can supply you with free tubing and the orange tubing that Gina mentions if you need any for free. I am still experimenting with the silicone tubing and will soon have some that is very soft and strectchy which will measure 5mm ID and 2mm OD and i can send you this in due course. Another tip for you is to dip the end of the tubing in hot/boiling water for 10 secs or so and this will make it really soft and stretchy and will then be alot easier to push on the noozles etc.

Just let me know if you need more help
best wishes :)
lucy
lucy@noogleberry.com

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Picture's of Sarah's tubing with elbow connector conversion

Thank you Sarah for the pictures of your elbow joint conversion. It looks really good. Many thanks to Gina for the info. You need to be logged in to view the pictures.

Best wishes
Lucy :)

Code:
PLEASE LOG IN TO VIEW SARAH'S PICTURES OF HER CONVERSION.
Code:

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Dear All, just to let you know that we now have the sheets in stock. I did quite a bit of research and spoke to different companies. The product we have is not actually silicone, but pure rubber which is very safe to use on the skin. It has the same softness as silicone but it is much strionger and virtually impossible to tear unlike silicone. Silicone is good at high temperatures but this is not important for the noogleberry users (i assume!!) . The rubber sheets are 5mm and tan in colour. They will be available on the website soon but you can contact for them directly now. Just let me know how many sheets you need , stating which cups you need them for and i will quote a good price.

We now also have some really good quality silicone tubing which has a 4mm internal diameter, but because it is so supple, it will fit all the cups easily and is easy to remove. It is ideal for those who want to wear the cups and with the nipple cups and is also very easy to clamp off. Again, this will be on the website soon but i can supply this now if you let me know.

I will upload picture asap,

bye for now and best wishes :)
Lucy
www.noogleberry.com

G

ginatv

Hi. Been having trouble sending a picture of my home made adaptors so this is my third attempt in two days. I made two of these in less than ten minutes and have been using them for approx two months, just pump then remove and the cups stay on as long as you want. I fell asleep once while using them and had them on for a total of three and a half hours. Gina

G

ginatv

Hi everyone i'm back, I see my picture made it so here's another showing one broken down into it's component parts Gina

P

pmf

Thanks gina, these pics are brilliant!! It helps so much to be able to see what is needed! Thanks also to sarah for the pics, these are fantastic too!

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Gina, i have now got soft silicone tubing with a diameter of 4mm (internal) which will still fit the cups and pump but is much easier to clamp off and hide under clothing. It is also compatible with the conenctors they sell in aquatic/fish shops such as elbow pieces etc. Here is a link to a good supplier that i have used in the past before we started manufacturing our own:
http://www.fishandfins.co.uk/aquarium-airline-parts.htm , if you scroll down the page on that link you will see the connectors and valves. The silicone tubing they do is too narrow gauge for our cups and is too 'kinky' but if you want some of our new tubing just email me your address off forum.

best wishes
Lucy
lucy@noogleberry.com :)

T

tweety21ca

Lucy, when will this rubber sheeting be available? I know there are a few girls on my forum (bosom_buddeez) who would love to get some.

Thanks!
Shannon.

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Shannon, the rubber sheeting is now in stock and will appear soon on the website but i can still supply if direct if people email me. If you live in the UK, it will cost £5.99 for 2 sheets large enough for up to the large cups, and it will cost £9.99 inc postage if you live outside the UK. When i looked into this, i discovered that silicone works fine bit is not necessary because its heat resistant properties are not required. Therefore that is why i went for soft rubber sheeting which is medically approved for use with the skin. It is 5mm thickness.

best wishes
Lucy
lucy@nooglerry.com