anyone know how make or use to get rid of leg weight ?

secret

I think i have wide legs, and i do hit the gym it just doesnt seem like its working.
If anyone know how to thinner legs please help me
thanks guys

sofia1

maybe try pilates. it tends to slim and lengthen the body and can change your shape. you can go to a class or just get a dvd to try. it really strengthens your core too! yoga and cardio workouts bulk me up (but i need that) so you might want to stay away from those.

hz

If you want to thin out your legs, you have to lose the fat. This you can do buy burning more calories than you consume. Cardio is great for this. I have thick thighs too, and I'm going to start some workout DVDs. Many people believe you can lose weight in a part of your body buy working that part, this is not true. When you work out, your body burns fat from wherever it can get it. What you can also do is do weight training on your legs so when the fat melts away, you have nice toned muscles to show off.

reccakeys

Re: anyone know how make or use to get ride of leg weight ?

One of the best way to have a thinner legs is walking, hiking to park, jogging, anything related to walking. Easy and safe.

that1spaztichik

Yes, I would really like to lose some leg weight, as well. I just started going to the gym again and it's helping. The key for women is fat burn-so that means cardio. Running, power walking, swimming, biking...try to mix it up so you don't get bored. Also, some people go crazy with machines, but you have to remember, we want to tone, not build bulky muscle! Bulky muscle sets are minimal amounts of the exercise (so like...10 squats, squatting with 210 lbs.), so this is why you will see men doing things like this at gyms, grunting and sweating, lol. Toning exercises would be doing that same machine, but more times...3 sets of 12, at a lower weight, like 50lbs or so. Hope that helps!

hephaistos

I have naturally huge legs...
It could be:
-You have big bones. You can't do anything about that.
-You have large muscles. It happens. Sit all day and do nothing, they will eventually go. It is not very healthy to do this though.
-Your legs double up as an energy storage area. Sounds useful, but in reality it's fat and wobbly... Solution is exercise. (note: exercise is likely to replace fat with muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat for the same volume).

Unrelated info regarding legs and general health: With age come vascular problems, resulting in wearing out the heart quicker, not to mention the ugly veins twirling on your legs. A good prevention technique is jump rope. it helps strengthen the "valve" systems in the veins which push blood towards the heart.... The veins don't enlarge, the heart gets less tired (and live longer), and this exercise will also help get rid of a certain belly (beer, baby, you name it) :)

Rachiex

Pilates, a bit of light jogging a few times a week, power walking, lunges and the Leg Magic! Also, some lean protein always helps... x

jccarey09

Re: anyone know how make or use to get ride of leg weight ?

Weight loss supplements might help. Eat less and make sure you avoid fatty foods.

mommytrina

All great recommendations! I lost about an inch of fat around my thighs, makes a huge difference in the way they look! Did by mainly jogging and cardio workouts, with weight training also. The thing is, women will not naturally bulk up, it isn't the way our bodies work, men bulk up because of testosterone levels among other things. Weight training for women, will make you look nice and cut, not bulky unless you're taking steroids or testosterone. Hazel21, not to argue with you at all, but I might make one comment on your post. It is not 100% true that you cannot lose fat by working any particular part. Burning fat is most important, but women have different places that the fat is basically blocked from being burned off. Like thighs, belly, butt. And by working those parts, bloodflow increases, and when bloodflow increases during a workout in one part, without getting technical, the flow helps "wash" the fat away. So don't be afraid to work those legs, and hard! As well as all these other great recommendations! :) ;) Good luck!

secret

how long did you run and hit the gym for your legs to look or lost that inch>
i'm thinking hitting the gym soon but i dont want to hit it everyday.

mommytrina

I tried to do strength training for my legs at least once a week! Sometimes, twice! Then I would try to get in some kind of cardio, every day! Doesn't always work out that way , bit that's what I shoot for. I did this along with other strength training, on other parts of the body, ie...arms, and, etc.! For probably 12 weeks! I was slowly seeing reasults! But took probably that long to lose an inch! Hope that helps!

xxbabygirlxx

losing fat overall is a way to get rid of fat on the legs. But it might also be the pills you are taking. When i was on Diane, and taking PM My hips and thighs stored alot of fat, and it was difficult to lose weight in general. Dam hormones...

j1asicaa

well since you're doing all those activitys you're probably gaining muscle which is a lot heavier than fat my friend is like 122 pounds and she's skinny but she's very muscular so that's likely why. if you want to do something about it then go see a doctor or something to tell you why they're so large
you have to try bicycling