Correct way to care & clean my noogleberry?

R

rennie

Hi everyone!,

Hopefully some one can help!

What is the correct way to clean the cups after I have finished pumping? I wipe the cups with clean tissue after use however when I use cream to moisturise my boobs it smears it all around! Would it be better to wash them in shower gel or something? :-\

Also I have been leaving the tubing attached to the cups after use (as I have some difficultly putting them on) is this ok or will it damage the tubing?

W

webmaster

Topic Moved - Please post in correct board and you are more likely to get useful answers!

webmaster

H

humanbean4whirledpeas

Hi Rennie!

I'm a newbie too .. welcome aboard! I'm not really sure how to answer your question but I figured I'd give this a bump cuz it is an excellent question for us newbies! I just tried mine yesterday for the first time. The first time I used it in the morning I took the tubes out thinking it is probably hard to put on only the first time. But at night it was equally as hard so I figured I'll keep them on... lazy me ;D

I think it has to be hard to put on though or else it won't allow for much suction to go thru! But you raise a good point I dunno if that actually damages it to leave it on? ??? I think since you brought that up it's probably a good idea to take them off each time until someone more experienced gives us a hint.

As far as cleaning, I know I'm a slob but I didn't wash my domes :eek: But I bet that's gonna get super grimy after awhile so good idea to just give it a nice rinse with a squirt of soap. The soft rings if you have those are also washable... it's recommended that you just wipe it down with a washcloth or you can use a little warm water to clean it out. I bet other ladies would know more seeing as though I just started a day ago lol

Well, best of luck Rennie! No matter what your cleaning technique keep noogling for the goldddd ;D

~humanbean4whirledpeas :-*

W

waxingmoon

Hi Rennie and HB4WP,

I have left my tubes attached and never experienced a negative result. In fact the tubes are not the issue at all. That little 'nipple' like projection from the dome is a vulnerable area and could crack if you apply frequent force to it. Just leave the tubes attached and all will be well.

Be sure to use a mild soap when you wash your domes. Wiping them out with a warm damp cloth after use may be enough. A slight film of lotion in the domes is not going to hurt anything.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

J

jackieT

Hi Rennie,

Welcome! i just use plain old washing up liquid. It works for me. Even put them in the dishwasher on low temp and sofar nothing happened. (probably not recommended ;))
Jackie

N

Nicky

I use a little soap and warm water to clean my domes. I remove the tubing first though, because if water gets into the tubes its hard to get out and it will affect the pumping. But on the whole, they are very easy to keep clean.

H

humanbean4whirledpeas

Thanks for the heads up and tips, ladies! I'll keep the tubes in (phew! Thank God!) ;D and give it a good wipe down with a wet cloth.. you guys are awesome!
Have fun!

~human :-*

E

entropiana

You go Jackie...girl you are brave to put them in the dishwasher...ahahaha:)...well, they withstood one more test...

I personally leave the tubes on, i wash the cups with liquid hand soap and dry them with paper towel...sometimes i apply some hand sanitizer to it guessing it doesnt hurt to kill some germs...

Thanks for this humanbean4whirledpeas...good topic:)