Is it ok to take Ultra Breast and use pm

charitywat88

Does anyone know if it's safe or beneficial to take ultra breast and use the pm cream for massaging? I read that it's not good to take them at the same time but is it safe to take one and use the other topically? Thanks!

Teeny Tiny

UB and PM will counteract each other because UB is progesterone based and PM is a very strong estrogenic herb, taken internally I know the PM can work against the UB, not sure about the cream form, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

charitywat88

Thanks so much! I knew there was a reason they couldn't be taken together lol. Your a pro at this thing so what do you suggest in supplements? I have had my tubes tied so no birth control to deal with and have no health problems. I'm thinking about starting with pm or ultrabreast. Personally I'm leaning toward pm because I could use some of the other benefits it offers. If I start with it, any suggestions on how to get the most from it? Is there anything I should take or do in conjuction with it? Thanks for any replies! Anyone who's had growth advice would be appreciated! I went thru this once and went from a 32A to 32C and then I had a baby and nursed and now I have no boobies! :(

charity said:
Thanks so much! I knew there was a reason they couldn't be taken together lol. Your a pro at this thing so what do you suggest in supplements? I have had my tubes tied so no birth control to deal with and have no health problems. I'm thinking about starting with pm or ultrabreast. Personally I'm leaning toward pm because I could use some of the other benefits it offers. If I start with it, any suggestions on how to get the most from it? Is there anything I should take or do in conjuction with it? Thanks for any replies! Anyone who's had growth advice would be appreciated! I went thru this once and went from a 32A to 32C and then I had a baby and nursed and now I have no boobies! :(

you have to make your own research and decide on your own which method is best for you. if you think you will benefit more from pm, then you should go for it. everybody has personal results. some get fabulous results from BO while others not really, but get fabulous results from PM. if you think pm is better for you, including the other benefits you would like to have, then go for it.

I, personally tried PM and I missed a period, whihc has never happened to me before, so I stopped taking it. I do not know if it was from PM or stress (as it was end of the year and had lots of exams..?) or both, but since I have never missed a period before and have had tests, i stopped. but i do know that many fellow nooglers get fabulous, extremluy quick results. i cant remember the exact name of the used, but something xXBunnyXx or something similar, she got extremly quick, extremly fabulous results from taking PM pills, while some others had amazing results w BO

I am sorry fi what I wrote is a bit messy, i am super sleepy and cant concentrate to write structured!

Teeny Tiny

Before you choose any method of supplementation I'd suggest getting a full hormone test done to see where your levels are at. BO as I said is progesterone based, where PM is a very strong estrogenic supplement, which can cause estrogen dominance depending on where your levels are at. You should consult with a gynecologist to see where you stand now and what would be safe for you to try. Also I have read in many places that the breast enlargement effects of PM are only temporary, that you lose whatever they added when you stop taking them, that it is merely a side affect that goes away when you quit taking them. Personally because of my screwy system right now I'm not taking any supplements, the only thing I'm currently using is birth control to try to balance my hormones and wild yam cream, which I apply at night right before I go to bed.

Not So Teeny Tiny Anymore! said:
Before you choose any method of supplementation I'd suggest getting a full hormone test done to see where your levels are at. BO as I said is progesterone based, where PM is a very strong estrogenic supplement, which can cause estrogen dominance depending on where your levels are at. You should consult with a gynecologist to see where you stand now and what would be safe for you to try. Also I have read in many places that the breast enlargement effects of PM are only temporary, that you lose whatever they added when you stop taking them, that it is merely a side affect that goes away when you quit taking them. Personally because of my screwy system right now I'm not taking any supplements, the only thing I'm currently using is birth control to try to balance my hormones and wild yam cream, which I apply at night right before I go to bed.
Teeny, so estrogen causes side effects, but progestorone doesnt? Just wondering, cause i know you have told us the side effects estrogen had, but i wonder about progestorone too :)

Teeny Tiny

I'm not sure what side affects one may see from progesterone, it's what a women's body produces during pregnancy, which is a time when the breasts naturally enlarge as a result of it's increase. My best guess would be that any side affects would be similar to those experience during pregnancy, I'll check out Bountiful Breasts website and see if they list any possible side affects. Some wild yam creams I have looked at have had warning labels on them that progesterone is known to the state of California to cause cancer, but I'm not 100% sure on that because pregnancy and breast feeding are supposed to protect the body from cancer.

Here's what I found on the Bountiful Breast website in the frequently asked questions...

Are there any side effects?

No. Bountiful Breast® is completely safe and does not cause any side effects. It does not affect any medications, birth control pills, cause weight gain or unwanted hair growth. Bountiful Breast® causes your own body to release hormones responsible to increase breast size, these are female hormones not male. Do not use breast enlargement capsules if you are pregnant or nursing as our enhancers are not designed for your baby. If you have questions, please ask your doctor.

I did a search for progesterone side affects and here's what I found that might be helpful...

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/progesterone-side-effects.html

There are many other sites that offer information if you do a search for progesterone side affects. Some say that if you use a progesterone based product that you need to avoid all estrogen exposure you can to prevent severe side affects. There are many ways we are exposed to estrogens like through the consumption foods that contain it like grapes, and many others, to bottled water and canned beverages and food. Typical bottled water like the 1/2 liter bottles, beverage cans, and food cans have a chemical known as PBA, which is an estrogen, that can and does enter the beverages and food that's contained in them. So every time you drink a bottle of water that does not say BPA free you are exposing yourself to more estrogen, which if you have a system that is already high in estrogen, or are using a progesterone is not good. Another thing that everyone should know is that you must be very careful how you handle these items to limit the amount of exposure you get from them. Never put a bottle of water in the freezer and allow it to freeze then drink it as it thaws out, I must admit I'm guilty of doing so in the past, but not since I found out that freeing water in these BPA laced containers increases the amount of the chemical in the water, making it very unhealthy and dangerous to drink. The same goes for heat, never let bottles of water sit outside or in a hot vehicle during the summer (my husband's guilty of that one) then drink it after it's been exposed to heat. This is because heat also increases the chemical exposure and content in the water. When going shopping or say camping or what ever else where you might expose canned food to heat be aware that cans are lined with BPA, so heating them also increases your exposure through the beverage/food you consume from them. With that said, never take a can of say beans or stew or anything else and heat the contents over a camp fire or gas stove in the cans, as it will lace the food inside with the chemical more than it already is. Here are a couple sites I found with information about BPA that I thought some might find useful...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

http://www.ewg.org/chemindex/chemicals/bisphenolA

The bottom line is we are exposed to many things from day to day that can make us sick, cause cancer, etc, etc, etc, from the air we breathe to the beverages we drink to the food we eat. It's unavoidable, all we can do is try to limit these substances as much as we can.

Strumpet

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've been reading upon progesterone because I'm taking BO. There's a long article on Progesterone on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progesterone that is interesting because it deals with (medical) progesterone therapy, which has a wide variety of uses.

Some of the good side effects:

It raises epidermal growth factor-1 levels, a factor often used to induce proliferation, and used to sustain cultures, of stem cells.
It increases core temperature (thermogenic function) during ovulation.[37]
It reduces spasm and relaxes smooth muscle. Bronchi are widened and mucus regulated. (Progesterone receptors are widely present in submucosal tissue.)
It acts as an antiinflammatory agent and regulates the immune response.
It reduces gall-bladder activity.[38]
It normalizes blood clotting and vascular tone, zinc and copper levels, cell oxygen levels, and use of fat stores for energy.
It may affect gum health, increasing risk of gingivitis (gum inflammation) and tooth decay.
It appears to prevent endometrial cancer (involving the uterine lining) by regulating the effects of estrogen.

Some of the adverse side effects:

Pill form of progesterone (actually a synthetic version such as Progestogen) taken at 400 mg as cited by the following patent can cause increased fluid retention, which may result in epilepsy, migraine, asthma, cardiac or renal dysfunction. Blood clots that can result in strokes and heart attacks, which may lead to death or long-term disability, may develop; pulmonary embolus or breast cancer can also develop as a result of progesterone therapy. Progesterone is associated with an increased risk of thrombotic disorders such as thrombophlebitis, cerebrovascular disorders, pulmonary embolism, and retinal thrombosis.

Common adverse effects include cramps, abdominal pain, skeletal pain, perineal pain, headache, arthralgia, constipation, dyspareunia, nocturia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, breast enlargement, joint pain, flatulence, hot flushes, decreased libido, thirst, increased appetite, nervousness, drowsiness, excessive urination at night. Psychiatric effects including depression, mood swings, emotional instability, aggression, abnormal crying, insomnia, forgetfulness, sleep disorders.[39]

Lily13

It's important to differentiate the symptoms and side effects between the synthetic progestins and natural progesterone. There is a huge difference. It's the reason why though I don't take birth control. Those synthetic hormones are not good for you!

I avoid wikipedia for any medical advice because it can be edited by anyone and a lot of pharmaceutical companies or anyone else with an agenda can distort the information. Remember it is user-created content. It's supposed to be backed up by a source or something credible, but often times it is not and is made up out of thin air.

For medical stuff I always search google and then click on the scholar section. You will find real medical journals. :)