Montgomery glands or areolar skin glands swelling

Paloma

Montgomery glands or areolar skin glands - do you guys know what those are?

They're the bumps on your areola around the nipple... i just looked them up, because mine are getting really big and lumpy and sore...

has this happened to anyone else? could it be related to the noogling? or maybe hormonal? it said on the website that they tend to get lumpy and sore around pregnancy, but I'm not preggo... and just using some progesterone cream for the last two weeks...

anybody else experiencing this?

N

nik1

i would imagine that if anything its the cream.
i don't see how noogleberry could make your areolar skin lumpy and sore... though combined with progesterone cream, the two put together might be whats agitating your nipples.

reeree

Yeah i would agree with Nik1. The Progesterone cream is prob messing with your hormones and causeing glands to react. The thing that causes your boobs to change during pregnancy is a change/increase in your hormones, not the pregnancy itself. If you suspect it could be the noogleing though, just take a couple day break and see if it improves. I doubt the pump is causeing it, but it could very well be aggravating the problem. Maybe stop using either the cream or the pump or both, wait for yourself to heal, and start back on just one. I experienced VERY tender and sore areolas when i was pregnant! NOT fun at all!! It was so bad i would cover my nipples in the shower cause the water hitting them was excruciating! And my boobs were "off limits" to my poor hubby! Sucked for him cause pregnancy is the only time i actually HAD boobs!!! Lol!

Hope things clear up for you!

Anastasia916

I agree with the others it is more than likely the cream, not the pumping.

Reeree, I was the same while pregnant with the whole nipple thing, but even now they are waayy more sensitive then they use to be, when hubby caresses my breasts he's not allowed to touch the nipples lol. And I still have to be careful in the shower that the water doesn't directly hit them. This might be because I breastfed also though. And oh boy, you think that pain was bad in the shower, it was 100 times worse the first 2 or 3 weeks of breastfeeding! Everytime I fed him it was like that until I guess I got so use to it lol. The pain was so bad while he was eating I would just cry. My mom and ex both tried convincing me to stop but I told them this is better for him and any amount of pain I'm going through is worth it if it's better for him.

reeree

OMG!! Anastasia that's how i still am!! My hubby gets so mad at me cause my nipples are bigger since i had kids and nursed, so he says its even harder to not touch them! He still trys to sneek a rub in, but i always yell at him -unless i'm really arroused - cause it's uncomfortable! I mean, he understands and doesn't wanna hurt me, guess he more like gets frustrated and sad when i tell him no :( Lol! OH, and i had horrible luck nursing too, but did it with both my boys till they were 8 months cause it was what's best for them. The first time was the worst cause i had a slight case of "inverted nipples", and i ended up getting cracked, bleeding, and in excruciating pain while feeding!! The things we do for our kids!! Oh, and those creams for sore nipples don't do jack! I ended up doing warm water salt soaks in between feedings and keeping olive oil, or tea tree oil on them, but i honestly don't know if that helped or my nipples finally got used to it after 7 months....THEN my son started biting!!! Yep, that's when it ended!LOL! Round two was ALMOST just as bad, but maybe not only cause i was expexting the pain and more prepared for it. Still, i will nurse again if i have another cause it's the best for my kids! OH, and yeah, i still gotta keep them kinda covered in the shower. Maybe if i get some growth from pumping i'll have some upper "booby" to deflect the water with!! Haha!

Anastasia916

My nipples started to get chapped and cracked too my doctor gave me some lanolin cream for them, I kept it on them in between feedings. When it was time to feed I would wipe it off. My hubby wasn't with me while I breastfed or anything, he's not my child's biological father. He got with me when my son was 3. So he was use to me being this way from the beginning, but he says that he doesn't understand why it happened and how I could handle a baby sucking on them but can't handle them being touched. My areolas are big compared to most, but small compared to others, so I'd say in between and since I've gotten bigger with NBE it's helped him have more to play with lol. Luckily he's not a boob man, he's a butt and leg man, he's normally grabbing my butt, my hips or rubbing on my legs. And he use to really be into my feet, lately he's more into my legs. I think mine are getting better, maybe with all the noogling it's helping them, who knows. In the shower I don't have to be as cautious anymore and last time we had intimate times he put his mouth on one and I didn't notice right away. But I know I wouldn't be able to handle anything rough. Sorry if I'm being to open lol. But yea I think it gets better over time, I'm hoping with my next one it won't be so bad.

T

tavia

i never breast fed i only expressed milk, but my nipples r still alot more sesative than they were b4 , hubby doesnt really understand, i dont like them being sucked and twiddled anymore its annoying for me, the sensation make my body cold and shudder, not pain ,but i can decribe it
uuughhh i feel cold just think about it, im hopeing the sensation will go but i wont hold ma breath.

and yes i also think its the cream causing these effects on yr areolar

Teeny Tiny

I went through the same thing when I used PM cream on my breasts when I noogled, even though the cream wasn't put on the nipples they would get very hard and bumpy. But I couldn't stand using the cream because of the way it effected my skin so I had to stop and I sent it to Anastasia for her to use, couldn't see letting a good product go to waist. Since stopping the cream and the herbal pills I was taking that had 500 mg of PM in them I've had no problem with my nipples doing that anymore, and it's been several months since then now. So I think if you stop using the cream your problem should clear up, just use a good moisturizing cream, preferably one with Cocoa Butter and Shea as it helps soften, moisturize, and protects against stretch marks.

Good luck, and I hope they clear up for you really soon!

Anastasia916

Yea I didn't get any bad effects from the cream btw Teeny, forgot all about that lol. I used up both jars, alternating using that and the cocoa butter lotion, not sure if it helped increase size but it seemed to have tightened some loose skin I had on my breasts and my stretch marks are almost gone. I forgot to email and tell you that. So much going on lately UGH! Hubby said the doctors are going to send him to the states in a month to get a MRI done to see what is wrong with his knee, if they can't find anything... they might discharge him from the military and not give him jack crap. So I'm trying to prepare for the worst and been working more and trying to save more so if it does happen we will be fine. I think I've seen more results from the BO and NB than I ever did from herbs, I just don't think herbs are my thing. But it was worth a shot! And I did use it. If you were a 32 bandsize I'd send you all these Victoria Secret bras I have that are basically brand new and are getting too small for me! I got a couple 32B's and once I order some 32D's I might get rid of these 32C's I have since they are getting small. If you fit them I'd send em to you for free, but if not then I'll just ebay them, hubby has some DVD series sets he wants me to ebay anyway.

Paloma

Thanks for the input ladies. Yeah, teeny, I guess I could discontinue, but really the progesterone cream seemed like it was helping with swelling, so I think I'll just put up with the swollen Montgomery glands - no big deal, just wanted to know more about what was happening....

Y'all are such a wealth of info and support... :-*

Teeny Tiny

Hope they settle down for you, maybe once your system gets used to everything it won't be so bad. And I know what you mean about the swelling being better, I didn't use the same cream as you, but I did experience some added swelling and tightness of the breast skin when I was on the PM cream, but unfortunately it caused bad skin reactions, the skin on my breasts got really dry and nasty until I stopped using it, then it settled down. I used to have PM cream and soap, I'd use the soap on my breasts when I took a shower, then use the cream when I noogled. When I first started having problems with my skin I stopped using the soap figuring maybe it had something to do with the soap, but I stopped using all PM products for a while, then started back up with the cream and still had the same problem so I discontinued using all PM products.

Sorry to hear about your hubby Anastasia! I hope they can figure out what's going on with the MRI and that it's something that can be fixed so you don't have to go through him being discharged. But if it does end up happening I'd be sure to find out if it is a work related injury, if so they won't have any choice but to help after he gets discharged, I'd speak with an attorney on that if I were you. I was medically discharged from the Army back in 1994, and I just found out a couple years ago that if they had discharged me properly I could have been entitled to disability or similar benefits from them. But unfortunately with me they just issued me a general discharge, it was not filed as a medical discharge as I was told it was going to be. But regardless, as long as he's been in if it's something that could have been caused by his service in the military they'll have to compensate him if you can play your cards right. Granted, I doubt he'd get what he's currently making or probably even enough to survive on, but anything to help out is better than nothing. He should especially be entitled to military medical, life insurance, and other things at minimum. Regardless what happens I wish you the best of luck and I will be praying for you and your family that you get through it alright and move on easily. And thanks for the offer, I'd love to buy the bras you have if they'd fit, but unfortunately I can only wear some 34's and most 36's, there's no way I could latch a 32 around my ribs. Hopefully you'll be able to sell them on Ebay and get back some of what you've got invested in them.

Anastasia916

Yea the knee problem is due to what he does. They were doing runs during PT that a higher up unauthorized saying it was not safe to do and could cause injury to the runners. Yet his command kept making him do it during PT. Him and 2 other people now have issues! One other one has a knee problem like his, and another person now has ankle issues. But what they told him is if they cannot prove there is actually something wrong with his knee, he will not get jack because it has to be authorized by the medical board as a medical problem for his discharge. And believe me, if the crap hits the fan, I am definitely going to contact my lawyer in the states, I need to contact him anyway as it's time to get full custody of my son. He normally does custody cases but I'm sure he can refer me to a good lawyer for this type of thing. I would be happy if they just let us keep the medical benefits. And he's been in 4 years now, he was going to reenlist, he was thinking of staying in 25 years then retiring. His knee is getting better, he no longer uses a cane, he can walk around now unassisted. But he still cannot run and is still on light duty so in their eyes he's not improving fast enough *rolls eyes*. They're being total jerks (I could put it another way but that wouldn't be nice). Basically they said if they do find something wrong and it's not something that can be fixed, he will be given benefits for the rest of his life and 50% of his pay as of right now. Either way, I know I can easily get a job and everything will work out, I can also get him a job easily, it will just be a little more difficult because he can't do too much physical work. I've been through worse, so I know it will be okay.

Teeny Tiny

You are one strong woman Anastasia! Your hubby's should feel fortunate to have you for a wife. And everything happens for a reason, that's my belief, so I've got faith that everything will work out for you guys in the end, whatever happens I hope you get through it with flying colors, and I'll still be praying for God to help get you through whatever is to come and that your whole family stays as strong and positive as you are. And being work related I hope that if he does get discharged that they find the problem and you get the benefits you deserve at least. Well, I gotta get ready to go out, just figured I'd wish you luck and let you know your family will be in my prayers.