PROSTATECOMY

S

stumac

Having had a radical prostatecomy in May this year 2009 and just received one of your pumps I was wondering how soon I should start using it and for how long at each session , should I start with once a day or each end of the day. 8)

mrsoftee

Hi Stumac

I hope your recovery from your prostatectomy has gone well. As an ordinary (and new) member of this forum I'm afraid I am in no way qualified to answer your question about when to start with your new pump. I think the best advice would be to ask at the clinic where you had the surgery, or at your GP. They must get asked often about this.

I use my pump because of medicine induced ED and began, only a couple of weeks ago 'practicing' each evening. In my case, the system seems to do everything it claims. I have to say that I have yet to put it to the test with the wife, but I am optimistic!

I hope you get some more helpful replies soon.

Best wishes

mrsoftee

steve

Hi Stumac and welcome to the forum. As your surgery was in May, im assuming that your scars are well healed and any catheter is now removed. The normal advice is to start using the system as soon as the catheter is removed providing you are not in any discomfort so im sure it will be fine to start now. As mrsoftee has done, i would start gently practising and dont use the rubber rings after you have had a few practice sessions. This will help to recondition the penile tissues. Use plenty of gel and just get back in touch if you have any problems.

kind regards
Steve :)

morph

Thanks for your reply, have tried and yes there is result have not yet attempted the rings (are they painful ;D

yobo

I, too had a prostatectomy ( robotic ) in August 09. So far, pills have not had much success...but I think that is pretty much par for the course in the early going. I purchased the pump, and I'm using it often to get used to the process again. It gets better with every use.

Wanted to ask relative to orgasm once the erection process is successful. Can you give me any
feedback from your perspective?
Thank You

steve

yobo said:
I, too had a prostatectomy ( robotic ) in August 09. So far, pills have not had much success...but I think that is pretty much par for the course in the early going. I purchased the pump, and I'm using it often to get used to the process again. It gets better with every use.

Wanted to ask relative to orgasm once the erection process is successful. Can you give me any
feedback from your perspective?
Thank You
Hi yobo, there is no reason why you cannot achiece an orgasm once you have an erection. Obviously because the prostate gland was removed, your orgasm will be dry with no ejaculate.

kind regards
Steve

yobo

Thanks for your info. Also wanted to ask if you recommend using ED pill in conjunction with the
pump?