Pueraria Mirifica (PM) - Conclusions

A

alexis

Philli said:
Hi Ale-xis. To be honest I've never heard of PM causing anything like that, but I would have thought that if it did, your face would have broken out a lot sooner than after two months. It usually takes from 7 to 10 days for a new med to get into the body system, if it's going to do anything negative it will do it then.

I took my pm in a 15-days cycle.. so after the 1st week, i start to break out and i would stop taking them after that..then i continued this 2nd month and the same thing happens..then the break-out will usually continue until my period comes..i'm so hideous now, i got small boobs and now, acne..but i must say that my swelling retain very well with the pm..

I also have this problem of reddish boobs (you can see the whole boob being red) when the temperature is warm..does that happen with the rest?

P

Philli

Hi Ale-xis. We all have red boob syndrome after pumping. It's caused by the increase in circulation. It depends on how much and how long you pump. My redness disappears very quickly now...usually after 10 minutes or so, but I will say that when I wear a nice bra with side straps that give me that nice lifted look (bulging rounded top) they seem a little red too when I glance down at them, but its not ugly or off putting. It's all part of 'forced' breast growtrh, I'm afraid. No doubt lots of the girls have their own remedy for it.

I haven't read anything about PM being a cause for Acne. Also I dont see where this on/off method all the time is really helpful to good growth but apparently some girls think its best to stop taking PM during their period. Personally I have never had any problems taking it all the time.

T

tavia

i dont get the on off method either lol, i did it when i first took pm many years ago but everytime i stopped for the 15 days my boobs went back down, i didnt get anywhere lol...

Anastasia916

Yea TT, that's what I would think would happen, I never understood the cycles ladies did with the NBE supplements they took, they do it with other herbs too not just PM, and I never understood how that works. Cause from my understanding PM works by making the breasts swell, so if you stopped it, just like with stopping pumping for a week or whatever, your swelling would go as well. I don't know some of the things make no sense, but if it makes them happy I say let them do it.

Oh and on the red breast subject... mine only get red inside the domes, when I take the domes off they go back to normal color instantly, I just have the ring marks then for about 30 min or so. So I've never experienced the redness lasting, maybe I'm lucky on that aspect.

eva_bs

I saw that the PM of Ainterol has no gelatin in their capsules...so...I was thinking maybe to add the PM to my NBE.
But...If I stop taking them...then my breasts go back to there normal size? What's the point? (I know that the Breasts are only a side effect).
Has anyone here had permenant results from taking PM?

T

tavia

Nope not me, pm has only ever been a temporary quick fix, lol like wearing mascara for longer lashes,
some people prob get lasting growth but so far not me, and its been about 5 years now off and on
yes anastasia i think sum people go deep in to it, i dont see how the 15 day break wud help in anyway, sort of defys the point of the object,
plus many women that want bigger boobs r on hormonal contraception so the periods r fake ones at that, i duno, phytoestrogens r supposed 2 b gud for us ladies so tek it from there.

that1spaztichik

Anastasia916 said:
Oh and on the red breast subject... mine only get red inside the domes, when I take the domes off they go back to normal color instantly, I just have the ring marks then for about 30 min or so. So I've never experienced the redness lasting, maybe I'm lucky on that aspect.

This is what mine do, too! I guess we're just lucky :)

sofia1

mine don't get red either after removing the domes even after pumping for an hour...i just get the dreaded ring marks. i would say that you are pumping too hard if the whole breast is staying red after taking off the domes, maybe ease up on the pressure. also i'm finding that i can get just as good a result not using as much pressure...just thinking how brava works with light pressure over time.

A

alexis

i finally made a conclusion if its not the pm thats causing my acne, i think it must be my intake of milk..i mentioned before i was taking protein shakes together with pm and when this ran out, i substitute it with full cream milk..also i ate alot of red meat nowadays to get more protein..guess thts the culprit..:( i tried so many things for my face now its so irritated,congested and painfull i don't know what else to do :'(

Paloma

ale-xis, if you use a lot of new things on your face, that can make you break out right there. Plus irritation causes break outs.

Could you just try and sit tight a bit and not do so much to your face? I know it's hard when you're eager to clear it up, but with me anyways, just leaving it alone usually helps a lot.

Prolly you could just wash with tepid water and a mild cleanser no more than 2/day.

Moisturize with neem oil - yeah, the smell takes a little getting used to, but it's antibacterial and soothing and will keep your tissues hydrated while fighting acne... don't let it get parched - that makes you produce more oil...

and just give it some time hon...

Aelita

When I noogle, call me Tank Girl!
Hm! And here I always thought buying the overpriced ones would ensure quality and quality control. :D I will definitely be looking to Thailand as my source if I want to buy PM. I already found this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/260519623255?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 for three 100 capsule PM packs and I gotta say, that price is quite enticing! I'm glad through my years of reading on PM, I never actually went and bought it.

I feel much more ready to buy it knowing I don't have to chop off an arm and a leg. ^^

xoxojenny

I have a question for the PM experts. How would one take PM if they do not get periods? Has anyone had success NOT cycling their PM and just taking it every day throughout the month?

Firefly

Hi guys and gals :) First time posting and figure this is the best thread for my questions. I recently bought a cpl months supply of PM and currently I'm a few days away from starting a new cycle. I'm just wondering what would be the best way to start? There's so many different opinions I'd like to hear some of you guys experience with it or the ways you got the best results. I don't know whether to start on the first day of cycle, or last day of bleeding? Should I take it all month long and break during menstruation? Or just the first half? Second half? Should I use a progesterone cream? Or is that only needed if you are estrogen dominant? Maybe I'd be better taking for the middle 15 days when my estrogen levels rise naturally? Any advice would be much appreciated . Also has anyone tried mixing PM powder into any creams/lotions as a topical and does it work? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :D

savasana

I took PM orally, I don't remember the dosage but it was just a single capsule. It made my breast very heavy and tender to the point of painful, but didn't do much for growth, and it fucked with my cycle really bad.I had my period 4 times in one month. It was horrible...it continued on like that for several months even after I stopped taking it.

tinytots

Thank you so much for bumping up this thread. I'm just waiting for my period (expected in 2 weeks) and then I'll start with PM. I've got the capsules ready, I'll be taking 300 mg of PM daily until right before my expected ovulation date. I've even ordered a thermometer for this ordeal. I hope I do it right and I hope I gain bigger boobs from this little experiment!

When you were on PM did you take a pill a day every day for a month or did you only take it during the follocular phase? I was reading that it really messes with your system if you take it during the luteal phase of your cycle.