Purple Breast with Very Little Suction?

Petitemomma

Hi Everybody! I am new to this forum and have been using my NB for 3 days now. When i pump, my left breast always turns purple, even with barely any suction. I pump the left and the right about the same and never have any problems with my right one. Should I give the left one a break for a few days and see if it makes any difference? I just dont want to cause any damage, but i want to be able to pump both breasts.

Strumpet

What size cups are you using? When I use a size that's too big, just the bare minimum suction required to keep the cup on will turn the breast purple. It's strange that only one side is affected, though.

Petitemomma

I am using the mediums and just put an order in for the CL's because i fill them almost. I believe that i am either a full 32B or a small 32C. I think i will upload some pics tomorrow because i left my laptop at work and only have my ipad today.

I will try the chi massage before and see if that helps at all.

Thanks for the advice!

I also used to get purple breasts with very little suction, chi massage makes it easier. i dont think you should rest only left - as then the right one will be ahead and might get bigger than the other one!!! i suggest you try massage beforehand