soft tootsies

T

tavia

hi, whats the best creams/methods/soaks etc for softening the feet, and taking the dry skin away, i use a pumice in the shower and my feet are nice and smooth straight after and i use a cream aswell but as soon as i start walking on them they start to dry up and i get like umm dead skin visable on the bottom of my feet,
and if i dont use a pumice then my feet turn in to croc feet.

ive seen some cracked heel repair but i dont have cracked heels but i thought it might be moisterising?? what do u think??
it really gets on my nerves, just 1 of those little bugs u get... has any1 tryed those moisterising socks????

i like oat soaks but i dont want to stick my feet in porrage every night

i need some thing hard core lol.. any ideas

nyx

Actually, there's a really simple foot softener- before bed, lather up your feet in A LOT of lotion or vaseline/petroleum jelly and put socks on so you don't make a huge mess. In the morning, your feet should be like a baby's butt lol ;D The lotion doesn't really matter, I think. I just used my regular body lotion. I can personally say it works pretty well, I did it last year for a couple months. Do you wear heels or sandals a lot? Lately, because of my job, I've been wearing athletic shoes all the time so my feet are protected from getting all dried out so it's not an issue for me anymore, but last year I wore sandals a lot and that's the first time my feet ever got that dry and started to crack a little. Hope it helps!

T

tavia

oh thanks for that , no i usually wear my uggs so dont show off my feet but i would like to when it gets hotter,
im going to start doing this now, i wanna get a nice rich lotion aswell, thank u thanku

u can buy special cotton socks for doing it aswell cant u, i may just buy a pair for only doing this xxxx

Anastasia916

Hi TT, have you tried going and getting a pedicure done in a salon? Or tried getting a foot spa for home use, get a pedicure soak kit and doing a professional spa pedicure at home? I do one on myself now and then, but I do have some experience with it, I can recommend you the exact products I use if you like. Btw the overnight soaking in the lotion and such does work, I do that now and then, but normally when I do it, in the morning I usually take a shower and use a pumice stone or other type of scrubber type thing for the feet, even a foot file will work, and I have to scrub off alot of dead skin, the lotion soaks into the skin overnight, then in the morning the dead skin surfaces and is ready to come off, if your feet are really bad, a week or so of doing that everynight and your feet will improve drastically. I do highly recommend you go to a salon and have a real pedicure done, or as I said I can recommend products for you to use and tell you how to use them. It would be easier to show you lol but that isn't an option. Either way I hope you find what works.

T

tavia

ive been using a pumice and foot and nail lotion to hydrate the feet in the day and putting on loads of lotion at night in my socks and my feet are much better and look quite pretty now xxxx

S

sissy2345

The Ped Egg is one of the few "as seen on TV" products that actually works. I stared using it a couple of years ago and it is the only thing that will work for me. It's only 9.99 at drug stores or even cheaper on ebay or Amazon. Also try combining it with Heeltastic, also found in drugstores. I use both and when I don't slack off, my heels are like a childs, soft and pink. You can just use the ped egg and lotion, but the Heeltastic seems to work better and it's only 9.99 or less also, and last for a long time.

I used to see middle aged to older women and wonder how they could wear sandals when their heels are so ugly. Then a few years ago it happened to me, despite the fact that my skin is in good shape, my heels were hard and split. I figured it was Karma coming back at me for not sympathizing with those women.......well I looked at that ped egg by the register a hundred times before breaking down to try it. The problem is that no matter that I pumiced in the shower every day, used lotion and socks overnight, etc., I would only get a few hours of softness. It's because you can't penetrate the calouses on your feet with lotion, you have to get rid of the thick dead skin before lotion will soften them. This will take care of your problem for sure.

Sissy

T

tavia

the thick dead skin has not been a problem since i started using the punice and lotion, they are really quite soft, but i will get a ped egg forfuture use, i lov ething slike that,
ive started wearing my ankle braclets again, and have some nice sequined sandels, i feel like a layydeeeee ;)