SPIRULINA

T

tavia

I thought i would open a thread about a friend that Philli introduced us to that seems to give great boob boosting effects, and many of us are eager to try it, even just for its health benefits.

Spirulina is a microscopic blue-green vegetable algae that has been used as a significant food source for centuries with very significant health benefits.

This superfood has the most remarkable concentration of functional nutrients ever known in food - animal or plant.This blue-green algae contains over 100 different nutrients and is rich in protein and several vitamins

Spirulina delivers:
Antioxidant Vegetable Nutrition - Nature’s richest source of carotenoids
B-Complex Vitamins - Supplies Thiamin, Riboflavin and vitamin B-12
Iron - A daily dose provides more iron than two cups of spinach
Organic Protein - Richest source in the plant world - three times that of beef
GLA - Building block for nature’s anti-inflammatory As a result, Spirulina is important for anyone needing additional nourishment including dieters, athletes, convalescents and the elderly.

Spirulina works by infusing the body with concentrated minerals and proteins. Vitamins E, C and B-complex, as well as essential amino acids and enzymes are provided by Spirulina which is easily digested as a whole food. Spirulina is also extremely high in protein which helps to promote new cell growth including fatty breast tissue, and leads to an overall healthier body.

Digestable Protein Unlike other forms of protein, the protein in Spirulina is 85-95% digestible, one of the highest available. In fact, Spirulina is second only to a dried egg supplment with regards to usable protein, and higher than any of the common foods in the form in which they are usually purchased.

I have put together just a bit of info for any one wondering what it actually is, and hopefully Philli and any one else who has decided to use it (including myself) will report back on results, prices, facts, brands etc etc, and HAVE A GOOD CHAT ABOUT IT XX

Attachments

• spirulina.jpg
    spirulina.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Spirulinam.jpg
    Spirulinam.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 204
T

tavia

i ordered mine today http://www.parrynutraceuticals.com/products/organic-spirulina.aspx
i got it from ebay for £7.50, i wanted to try a good brand to see its effectivness b4 possibly choosing something a little cheaper(but still organic),
i saw a good deal for 300-500mg organic tablets from a company i used to buy from a while ago, so i may try those after i finish my 1st lot from parrys.

Z

Zenity

Thank you for taking the time and organize a little bit the information.
You are a super-star!!! ;)

Thnx!!!! ;)

AngelAA

Hi TT..

I' ve been a lurker on this site for several months now.. but had nothing much to contribute..

Your post on spirulina caught my eye.. I've been taking them since March last year.. I tended to have dizzy spells and collapse here and there.. so when me & some mates had scheduled a 2 week europe tour I started taking them as supplements..

What I've noticed is that I felt better.. more energy.. less aches and pains.. no headaches..

I started using NB in September 2009.. I'm the stick figure kinda girl.. height about 5'4".. weight 45kg.. No butt.. no boobs.. Couldn't even get to fill a half A cup haha.. Had 3 babies and I can't seem to get any of the weight on me..

I dont know if spirulina helped me grow to a 32A but.. it definately makes me more refreshed and energised.. I take the ones from COSWAY.. 10 pills a day.. 5 morning 5 evening.. COSWAY's EPO isn't too bad either.. and if you're interested in a herb to detox and stay youthful and young.. try Chlorella..

Anyways.. goodluck with spirulina TT..

P

Philli

Good idea TT. Okay, so these are the one's I bought on Ebay. When I told you the price it was including Ebay postage, so in fact they cost the same as yours did.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200327226855&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

What it says is that they are 400mg pure Spirulina with no additives and the capsule casing is made from pure veg fat, 100mg.

It also says that they do Paypal worldwide.

T

tavia

;D No problemo nadir, it didnt take long to put together, and looks like we have caught the eye of a lurker already which is always nice ;) x

Hi AngelAA, so you have grown to an A cup since septemebr, thats good going, mabe the spirulina gave your body more nurition to keep its self functioning properly if you were passing out and having headache and no energy etc, you make it sound even better,
can i ask what mgs your tablets are, mine will be 500mgs (when they arrive) and i was going to take 2 tablets 3 times a day
congrats on the extra boobage (wow 3 babys and still no weight lol your wonder women)
when i was searching for spirulina on ebay i did notice some pills with Chlorella in them aswell, but i decided to go pure instead, may have another look later thankyou,
and you definatly have something to offer if you have managed to get yourself to an A cup from nothing x

Philli, lol i was wondering why your tablets were 500mgs and you were taking 6 a day but you said your taking 2400mgs a day, i sat wondering....
thats a really good price for 180 pills, mines only 100, ill have to come back to them when i order next since you have confirmed you feel different from them, thats what i was worried about, im all for cheap but if i ordered the 300-500mg pills that were only£12/13 i might miss out on some good effects it has to give, so i wanna take a good brand first then ill know what it has to offer, thanks for that link hun x

Teeny Tiny

Well, as I posted on the other page day one was not a good one for me, I made the mistake of taking 3000 mg. of Spirulina and 3900 mg. of EPO all with dinner because I got them too late in the day to take them with breakfast and lunch and gave myself a pretty nasty Porphyria attack Saturday night. Well, after spacing them out yesterday I am pleased to report that my system seems to be responding much better to them now.

Upon doing a little research on Spirulina I've found a lot of information on it in Wikipedia, I'll post a link so everyone can find it easily if they should choose to read through it. There are a lot of benefits to it, but there are a couple risks as well that I thought I'd post, here's what Wikepedia says the risks are...

Considerations and Potential Dangers

Spirulina contains phenylalanine, which should be avoided by people who have the metabolic disorder phenylketonuria, where the body cannot metabolize this amino acid and it builds up in the brain causing damage. [12] Because Spirulina is a dietary supplement, the United States Food and Drug Administration does not regulate the production and quality of the product. Although rare, cyanobacteria like Spirulina may contain toxins called microcystins, which accumulate in the liver and can potentially cause cancer or other liver diseases. Currently, no standard exists to regulate the safety of Spirulina.

And here's the link to the whole page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirulina_%28dietary_supplement%29

As for me, depending on how well it works I think I'll stick with my Pure Hawaiian Spirulina pacifica, as it has a much higher nutrient content than a lot of other brands, so I'm hoping it will work better for me on my BE journey. :D

P

Philli

I noticed AngelAA's input too. I thought to myself, It's strange that a girl would be referring to her girlfriends as 'mates'!!!!.. Only guys do that.. A girl would call them girlfriends...never mates.. Hummmmmmm!!!!

T

tavia

lol :D philli, i think angel might be from the uk, we often call our girlfriends mates, sounds odd when i think about it, by hey, i used to find it odd that people from the US would say girlfriend id think there was some girl on girl thing going on ;)...( i know better now :-[)

T

tavia

teeny i did read that Hawaiian Spirulina is better because of the sunshine or something along those lines, but my parrys stuff is from india so it should be ok,

yeah i didnt think to post the negatives.. i was too eager :-[ :-[

todays a bank holiday in the uk(no post) so ill probably have to wait until at least wednesday to recieve them(as long as the sender sends 1st class tomorrow)

Teeny Tiny

The funny thing is that the bottle of Spirulina I bought says nothing about refrigerating it, but one site I was looking at online to buy it in a larger quantity has a highlighted area that says: "WARNING: Refrigerate after opening." so I put it in the refrigerator to be on the safe side, I figure even if it's not necessary what can it hurt, other than maybe keeping it fresher?

Once you get yours TT, will you check the bottle to see if it says anything about refrigerating it and post what you find please? And I just sent the manufacturer an email asking them if it needs to be or not, I'll post whatever they tell me so that anyone who has it will know if it should be refrigerated or not. Although, not sure what difference refrigerating will make, other than freshness and potency, but if it's recommended for this brand I imagine it would be a good idea for all brands.

Good luck to you with your Spirulina TT! Hopefully we all get results as good as Philli! :D

Teeny Tiny

I got a quick response from the manufacturer, they said they accidentally printed some labels without it saying to refrigerate, so anyone who may have the Nutrex brand Spirulina Pacifica that doesn't say to refrigerate it, refrigerate it. I imagine it would probably be a good idea for all brands if it's recommended for this one. Just thought I'd bring this up, sorry if it was a waste of reading! :-\

T

tavia

thanks teeny, ill make sure i put mine in the fridge to be on the safe side even if it doesnt say so on the bottle

amelie

Well I got myself a bottle of spirulina today too, I´ll keep you posted about any results.
It doesn´t say anything about refrigerating it but I´m keeping it in the refrigerator anyway, thanks for that Teeny!
The lady in the store asked if it was for a vegetarian and I was like "eh, yes! that´s me" (though I´m not) and she recommended 6 capsules a day, they have 70 mg of spirulina each if I remember correctly.
Well, hope it helps for all of us and this is our new boobie discovery!!

AngelAA

Philli
"I noticed AngelAA's input too. I thought to myself, It's strange that a girl would be referring to her girlfriends as 'mates'!!!!.. Only guys do that.. A girl would call them girlfriends...never mates.. Hummmmmmm!!!! "

Haha.. well I'm from Malaysia.. and we're a multi racial culture here.. so we get alot of slang.. US.. UK.. Mate.. most probably I caught that from an Australian Channel hehe.. ;)

TT
My bottle is 300 tabs x 200mg The lable says "10 tablets to be taken daily. Traditionally used as dietary supplement."
Spirulina in Malaysia has been HOT for over 10 years now.. and mostly taken as a replacement for multi-vitamins.. we get them in juices as well.. mix them up with OJ in the mornings..

-angel-

P

Philli

From Malaysia. Cannot be true Mah. Our Chinese friend comes from Penang Lah. Aiyaaaa, we are both big PCK fans. hehehehe welcome to the Forum.

T

tavia

amelie said:
Well I got myself a bottle of spirulina today too, I´ll keep you posted about any results.
It doesn´t say anything about refrigerating it but I´m keeping it in the refrigerator anyway, thanks for that Teeny!
The lady in the store asked if it was for a vegetarian and I was like "eh, yes! that´s me" (though I´m not) and she recommended 6 capsules a day, they have 70 mg of spirulina each if I remember correctly.
Well, hope it helps for all of us and this is our new boobie discovery!!
wow 70mg, mine are 500mgs and ill be taking 6 a day!!! are yours some how concentrated or anything?? x

T

tavia

angelaa, hi, i read that spirulina doesnt have vitamin c in it so you have to supplement extra for that, i dont know if its true but i havnt seen vit c listed in any of the important vits it contains.... i take 1000mgs vit c to help the msm work properly

thabai

Anyone finding this spirulina works? I may buy some tehe I'm going to be taking loads of things hmm I may get rid of one of my herbs when it runs out and add this instead?

Oh yeah found this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260573377399&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

T

tavia

lol they are advertising well.... its 3000mgs per serving,, the serving size is 6 tablets which is 500mgs per tablet lol....

i got excited then he he xx