Am I doing this right???

Anastasia916

I received my double pump 3 days ago and been pumping everyday since. I got the double medium sized domes with the airlock kit also got a clamp so I could spend more time on the little one. The first day I pumped a few times and felt tightness, I stopped waited a few mins pumped a little more, did this for about 30 min. After I did get a small rash (red spots) on my right breast only, I put some lotion on and it seemed to help. The second day I did the same thing at night time, was able to pump more than the first day and did this for an hour, I put the airlock on and left it on after I get a good tight vacuum on my breast. Tonight I did the same thing, an hour. Before I put on the domes I do use a small amount of cocoa butter lotion (palmers). I don't notice any difference so far, just sensitivity. I know there isn't suppose to be any results this soon, but I thought there would be swelling after pumping, when I take the domes off, they go back down to the same size as before I pump.

A little bit of information about me...I'm 21, 5'1 and 118 pounds roughly, current bra size, 32B/34B. I have a 4 year old son who I breastfed for 3 months (dried up after that). I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol at all, got off caffeine completely 3 weeks or so ago. I exercise moderately 3 times a week. Measurement right now on the fullest part of my breast is 34in, under breasts is 29 1/2in. I do an herbal routine which I have been doing 13 days now. I take fenugreek, saw palmetto, and wild yam. I also take evening primrose oil and flax seed oil. I also do a massage nightly with evening primrose oil, fennel seed powder and fenugreek powder mixed in extra virgin olive oil. Since pumping I have been doing my massage after pumping for 30 min, I wash off the herbs then I put a heating pad on for 30 min.

I just hope I am pumping right, not over pumping and not under pumping. Any suggestions and help is appreciated!

J

Joan_CD

Hi Anastasia

Welcome aboard! I think you are expecting too much too soon. I dont think you are going to notice too much for the first couple of weeks. It takes time. This is a program that you need to make a committment to. I pump at a minimum of twice a day for at least 30 minutes each time and more often than not, 1 hour at night. Make sure you put some type of lubricant when you pump to allow your breasts to expand into the cups. When I started, I didnt see much if any swelling the first couple of weeks. Then I began to notice steady progress. I have been pumping for about 6 months and started with the medium cups. I am now alternating between XL cups and XXL cups.

Hang in there and give it a few weeks. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachiex

Hi Anastasia

Sounds like you are doing everything right and going gently on yourself - I think it will take few weeks to see yourself regularly swelling. Like Joan, I didn't see any really swelling for the first week or 2 but I carried on even though I didn't think it was working and soon I saw some swelling which made me more determined than ever to keep it!

I read somewhere (I think waxingmoon who is a genius in this field mentioned it) that we should try to use a paraben free moisturiser with the domes as parabens are linked to breast cancer (not trying to scare anyone). if you live in the UK, I have just bought one by Jergen which is paraben-free and one by 'Naked' which is 97% natural and paraben-free which I got from Boots or there's a lady here whose mum has her own website and has natural products if you are from the US.

Eventually you will see more swelling and soon you will see it stick (that is when you know it's working for you!)

Hope it goes well - keep us updated! x x x x

(Joan, if that's you in your photo - you are one glamourous and beautiful lady!) x x x x

J

Joan_CD

(Joan, if that's you in your photo - you are one glamourous and beautiful lady!) x x x x

LOL.... yes, that is me. You are tooo kind Rachiex... thank you so much. You made my day!!!!!!

Anastasia916

Thanks for the advice you two, I was worried I was doing something wrong lol. Yea I pumped my milk while breastfeeding and that hurt more than this does, this doesn't hurt me at all which is awesome. I've done a few things for NBE in the past 2 or 3 years, all of which I did not get the results I truly wanted so I thought if I went on an all herbal routine and pumped more than likely one of them would be bound to work. Through everything I've tried I was committed to and followed each routine and program to the "t". I first tried a pill NBE that I took for 6 months with no results. Got discouraged and quit for a while. Then a friend bought me that exerciser thing from tv, easycurves. I tried it for 2 months doing it everyday, that did lift them and firm them up, but no measurable increase, I was surprised it even did what it did. So it encouraged me to try again. I got a gum NBE product tried it for 6 months, in the first 2 months I gained 2 inches, I was a 32in measurement on the fullest part before and became a 34in measurement. So I was happy I got that. I took a 6 month break then got on the herbal routine I'm on now, I research it and started a routine I seen on a NBE forum. I think taking herbs individually makes more sense than those pills out there. But also I got interested in pumps when I seen them on ebay. I researched alot found noogleberry, and it made the most sense for me and my lifestyle. So far with noogleberry I love it, it doesn't hurt, not completely uncomfortable, after a few min I don't even realize it's on. I just chat online, check email, read, watch a show on tv, etc. while pumping, so no big deal.

Is an hour long enough? Should I do more? I wasn't sure if it was safe to do more.

J

Joan_CD

I think an hour is great. You should pump until you feel a little discomfort, hold it and then pump a bit more after a few minutes. As long as you arent getting overly red or getting permanent marks you should be fine. The ring marks should go away and if you have trouble with them you can try some Arnica Gel. Good luck hon!

Anastasia916

Thanks soo much Joan for the advice!!! I did what you said and continued to pump for an hour last night. I would pump until it was a little uncomfortable, wait until it was comfortable, then pumped more, kept doing this the entire hour. My boobs ended up purplish inside the domes, where as before they were just reddish. After I got done I had a measurable difference!!! Of an entire inch!!! So I thought I got swelling, but was still happy. Well it's 6 hours later and still have that inch. I am measuring at 35 inches right now and before was 34 inches on the fullest part. I always measure without a bra on with either a tshirt or tank top on that is thin fabric. I wonder what the measurement will be in 6 more hours, we'll see. But at least I got swelling now.

J

Joan_CD

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!! Just don't hurt yourself. The sweling will go down, but over time, it will not go down as much and will stay longer.