Bad bruising

S

shoneydoll

Hi,
I just started my pumping 2 nights ago for 3o min each, (with the rings they both don't fit on together), and I got great results the firs night which last about 3 hrs! I was actually shocked! :eek: However, the right breast seemed to get bigger than the left breast which is weird and I get real red all over my breast and bruise where the rings are. I moisturize very well and put Keri oil on also. My bruising is here today and I know that i don't over do it because I increase little by little after each release of the air after holding it for 10-15 seconds. I figured if it didn't hurt then I could increase a little more. I"m a 24 yr old mother, 5'4 and 115 pds. I'm a saggy, full b, can fit c with room. I figured that my breast would pump that way due to breast feeding on 1 side more than the other. I thought about pumping more on the left then the right but I fill the cups up within 25-30min! I didn't think it'll do that so fast! I just wanted to know what I should do about the uneven growth and the bruising. I cant even wear my tank top and show off for an hour or two and it's devastating! :'( Help

L

Lynn

Pretty normal :) For the first few weeks I looked like heck, I was so red and bruised looking. It went away and as I became accustomed to the suction, it stopped getting so red. Now I still get pinky-red while I'm pumping, but it disappears as soon as I take the domes off.

S

shoneydoll

Ok, thanks. I thought I might of done something wrong to myself. Is it ok to still pump when its bruised looking like that? Should I get the extra large cups since I fill the large cups in such short time or stay with what I have? Sorry, I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right and I get the best results I can possibly get. I see they have moisturizers and oils here. What would be the best for me considering I have very light stretch marks on top of my breast and I use captiva which works well for them.

L

Lynn

I was careful to avoid excessive suction when I was badly bruised. It took a couple of weeks for that redness to go away and I kept pumping throughout. After that, I never got red again (except while actually pumping) and I do fairly firm suction.

If you're filling the large cups, I'd move up. I moved to large after filling my mediums. I think you make better progress when you move out of cups that are getting small.