Cracked CL dome :( Worth replacing?

Boodles

Hi everyone

My daughter's CL dome has cracked right at the base :(. She is still managing to use it at the moment but it is now starting to actually open up while noogling and a couple of times she has got pinched. It is sure to get worse and I feel sure it won't be long before she is unable to get suction.

My question is do you think it is worth replacing it as she only has about an inch to and inch and a half to go before she fills them. She already has the XL domes as we got those beofre the CL came out so she says she will just move to those, but on the other hand she finds the CL so much more comfortable that I can't help but think it could take a fair while to get that extra inch so it might be worth it.

What do you think?

Many thanks :)

Teeny Tiny

If you think it's worth it then I would, I had the same problem with my CL domes for months. I used clear packing tape on the outside of mine until I got them replaced, it helped keep the crack from spreading and pinching me as bad. You could also try a combination of hot glue and packing tape. If you use a hot glue gun to help fill the crack, then the packing tape on the outside to hold it together it should keep it useable enough for her at least until it's replaced, or maybe even until she grows out of them. And the hot glue won't hurt her if it seeps through the crack because it stays smooth and soft feeling to the touch, you could actually put a small layer on the inside to cover and fill the cracked spot to keep her from getting pinched. I don't know that I would try it with any other kind of glue though, especially not super glue, because it dries very hard and can scratch the hell out of her breast. Blue tac may also do the trick on the inside of the dome if you have any. Don't place the tape lengthwise up the crack though, place it horizontal to the crack, covering about half of the diameter of the dome. You'll probably have to use multiple strips to make sure the entire crack is covered and sealed. You could wrap the hole outside of the dome the length of the crack if you wanted to, that would help prevent anymore from forming. As long as you're not stingy with the tape it should hold her over at least till you can get her a new one, or maybe even until she grows out of them, I used mine for at least 4-5 months that way before I absolutely had to replace it.

Hope this helps. How much has she grown so far? Sounds like she's had great progress if she's getting that close to the end of the CL. :D

Boodles

Hi Teeny Tiny

Thank you so much for that Not so Teeny Tiny :)

I will see if I can borrow a hot glue gun as we don't have one and will try the tape. A repair might just prolong it's lon just long enough.

She has gone from a 32b to a 32dd in just over a year, so yes she has maed a lot of progress! She did wear 34 bands for a while but they were too loose so has gone back to the 32 band, so the comparison is easier. She got her old bras out the other day and laid them out on the bed. She has the same bra in all the different sizes she has passed through so it is a great way of charting her progress. It is really quite incredible!

Thanks again :)

Teeny Tiny

You can buy hot glue guns and glue sticks at almost any craft store, or if you're near one the cheapest place I know of other than searching online for one is the craft section of Wal-Mart. Other department stores that have a craft/sewing section might carry them.

Boodles

Thanks NOt SO Teeny Tiny

We bought a hot glue gun and the CL dome is back in use :) SHe has decided to use the XLs on days that she snoogles (she can get on with them ok laying down) and use the CL when she is noogling while doing college work, so this takes some fo the pressure off the CL cups, and might hopefully help with her under boob problem.

Thanks again :)

Teeny Tiny

No problem, glad I was able to be of some assistance. I know how devastating it is when a dome cracks, and I've had to nurse them along till I could get replacements more than once. I'm getting to be a pro at it! ;) :D ;D

B

boobieswanted

My question is that I though this system is guarantee for 1 year from date of purchase. Doesn't that mean if something happens to it like "crack" wouldn't they be able to replace it within the year you bought it.

I just got mines yesterday and I see two baby crack marks where you connect the silicone tubing.

Sucks!!!!!!!!!

Teeny Tiny

Some of those marks near the end, where you connect the tubing are just part of the domes, not necessarily cracks. If you have any problems with them not holding a suction just contact Lucy directly and I'm sure she'll help you out. She's very good at backing up her products when you get them damaged, however over time they can only take so much pressure from those who really pump them hard, making it hard to guarantee them for very long. They can last a long time if low pressure is used, but if they're put under intense pressure or worn for long periods the plastic can usually only handle it for so long before giving out and cracking, usually at the base of the domes, which is the weakest point. I've had them last anywhere from over a year to just a few months depending on how hard I was on them. My first set of large domes only lasted 6 months because I was using them 8-16 hours a day, pumping for maximum swelling each day, which damaged both the domes and my breast tissue, cracking the domes and causing reduction of breast tissue instead of growth. My first set of CL's only lasted a couple months, because of their design they're a bit more fragile than the others. Once I started using less pressure with the replacement set they've lasted much longer, and my breasts seem to like the lower pressure applied to them and respond better than if I pump the hell out of them.

B

boobieswanted

Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't say I'm putting too much pressure because I actually don't like that feeling. It give me a hard time breathing.

Also I only pump 1 hour at a session or less. At least 3x's a day or 2.

Teeny Tiny

Sounds like my kinda routine, although I have been known to sit and noogle through a movie or two, so some days I do noogle for anywhere from 2-6 hours at a time. Days I do that though I usually only do one session to give them the rest of the day to rest and recuperate. At most I'll give them one more short session before bed. I didn't noogle any yesterday though, because the night before I noticed I have a bruise under my right breast where the dome sits when I noogle, and that area has actually been tender for a while. So reluctantly I think it's time to take a break and give it a chance to heal, it looks pretty nasty. Although we're supposed to go to the lake this weekend with a friend and his 3 kids to let them have some fun in our boat before we sell it, so I might keep noogling until we go so they're nice and full in my new bathing suit tops, and it's luteal swelling time so that ought to make them doubly full. We're hoping some fun on the water and a water skiing trip will have his kids talking him into buying the boat. It won't be a big hit on him all at once, because we're renting a house from him, so if he decides he wants it once he sees and hears it run we're going to trade him the boat for 6 months rent. Otherwise we're listing it on Craigslist if he doesn't want it, or if his boys can't talk, beg, and whine him into getting it. ;) :D ;D