Discoloring on outer side of boobs and bruised mark under one

charitywat88

I have a question for anyone who's been noogling a while (especially with xlarge cups). I've been noogling for 6 months and started with xlarge cups about a month ago. I hadn't noticed because I don't look at my boobs in the mirror, but a couple days ago my huband was freaking out because the outer sides of my boobs, like against my arm, were yellowish and purplish. It looks like a gross bruise or something. I do use quite a bit of suction but it doesn't hurt when I pump. I don't think I'm using too much because it doesn't hurt my boobs. Also underneath my left boob I have sort of a ring mark but it's also that gross color and looks sort of brownish. It kills that one spot when I pump. I use the foam padding and it doesn't hurt anywhere else, just in like a 2 inch spot under my left breast on my rib. I hope I'm making sense. ??? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Since I started using the xlarge cups I have looked like heck. At first I got the red dots then they went away and now this. I pumped very lightly yesterday morn and haven't pumped today cause I was hoping this would go away but it still looks the same. I'm starting to get worried. Please help!!! :(

hz

I think you overpumped, and you got bruising. I am new to the NB, but I have seen some posts about the transition from L domes to the XL. Some people overpump because they're not used to the new diameter. Maybe you need to reduce your pressure and go up slowly to get a feel for the new domes.

sofia1

that sounds like you are bruising charity. i would ease off pumping for a couple or few days or pump with less pressure if you can with them still staying on. good luck!

wannabecee

it's tough to move on to the XLs. ease up on the pressure and try again. good luck. it'll take a bit of time to get used to them, but once u do, the growth/swelling is AMAZING!!

best of luck!

Teeny Tiny

I'd definitely take a break until the bruising goes away, or at least maybe a week to give them a chance to heal. It is far too easy to over do it with the XL's, especially when using padding, because it doesn't hurt like it does with the smaller cups. Over the weekend I sort of freaked myself out. I was pumping, same as I have been all along not thinking that I was over pumping because I didn't use any more pressure than I normally do and they looked fine when I first took the domes off. Then about 5 minutes later I looked at them and the right one had a large section on top that looked really weird, like I've never seen them before. It was covered in not little red dots as I've had before but little redish colored squiggly lines, it almost looked like I had a fist sized hicky on the top of my breast. Which was really weird, because after I took my domes off my hubby was having fun rubbing them, then started sucking on my neck a bit and gave me a small hicky, which is unlike him, he's never given me a hicky before (not that I'm complaining), and the funny thing was they looked identical except for the one on my breast being 5 times the size as the one on my neck. :eek:

amelie

Yes I agree that you could take a break until it clears up, you can use some arnica gel or cream to treat the bruises. When I first started noogling I also got those marks, they looked exactly like what Teeny described, I figure it must be because of the suction and the skin not being used to that.

charitywat88

Thanks Ladies for all the replies. I agree that I was overpumping because I was filling the xlarge cups to within 2 inches from ful since I took 2 day break and pumping again tonight I'm not even filling hem half way. My marks on the side of my breasts are gone now but the line from the cup didn't go away. I think it's weird that I have mark there at all because I use the armaflex foam which we all know is really thick. Oh well I'm not as worried since my boobs don't look yellow now.
Btw teeny tiny I had those hicky looking marks on the tops of my boobs too. My hubby put a hicky near my collarbone and you couldn't tell a difference. I'd say I'm pretty used to the xlarge cup now since I've been using them everyday for about a month, but like I said I've looked like crap the whole time. Their just now starting to look normal again.
Wannabecee you're right the swelling is amazing! Lol. The first time I pumped with them, I thought my hubby's eyes were gonna pop out of his head! :eek: ;D
Thanks again for all the helpful advice! I'll be taking it easy from now on! ;D

Teeny Tiny

Good girl! No sense overdoing it, all you'll end up with is damaged breasts that could have reverse results if you're not careful and damage and kill the tissue instead of growing new. And I am happy to say that I believe I have finally graduated from a 34A to a 36A over the last month. It's taken a year of pumping but I've finally grown out of my 34A bra, which was loose when I first started noogling. I can finally wear a 36A which fits better in the band and actually fill the cups for the first time. And my right one is finally almost caught up to the left it size. Yippy, I'm finally on my way to getting my D's! :D With any luck now that I've had some growth hopefully having more tissue to work with will help me in getting to my goal. ;)

charitywat88

Congrats girl!!! ;D I'm sooo happy for u! I know u must be so excited! Just think, if u were still wearing a 34 band size you'd be a B cup. Patience and perseverence pays off!! Congrats again!! <3 Charity

Teeny Tiny

Thanks Charity!

I am a patient noogler, but I still can't wait till the day I can say I'm a 36D. It took a year but I'm finally up to a 36A anyway, that's definitely better than a 34AA.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!
I know I'm on my way to bigger boobies! ;) :D ;D

amelie

Teeny, are you using XL cups with A boobs?? So there´s no harm in doing that?

I´ve been using M cups for about 3 months and don´t fill them up yet, would it be a good idea to alternate with some L cups, you think?

Teeny Tiny

Everyone's personal preference is different. Take me for example, having 36 band size and fairly wide breasts the medium cups got used twice then I put them back in the box and gave them to another noogler a few months ago because they we so narrow on me that they were uncomfortable to wear and actually hurt, so I jumped right into the L's. After a few months of the L's even though my natural size is still small my swelling started outgrowing the L's so I bought the XL's. Now I can still use the L's, and did quite often when I went out because the XL's are to big and bulky to wear while driving, but they cracked and I can't afford to buy new ones so I just use the XL's all the time now, which came cracked and are getting worse so I'm going to have to brake down and buy some more when I can afford it because the tape and glue isn't working very well to keep them from getting worse. I'm still only a 36A without swelling, but I achieve anywhere from a 36B-C with swelling and fill them almost half way. I achieve really good swelling, the growth is just slow. Lots of others will tell you not to move onto the next size until you've outgrown or almost outgrown the current size, but personally I don't think there's any real "rule" that says you can't upsize if you want. Just remember that the larger you get the larger the diameter, so unless you've got a band size and breast/chest shape that will support the larger diameters you may have a problem achieving and maintaining a suction. That's one problem I've never had, I guess I was just built for noogling, doubt I'd have much luck with the XXL's though, I think they're way too big for even my frame.

The main thing to think about is what you're looking for in growth. If you've got nice round boobs and are looking for outward pull and growth the smaller sizes are better for that, although the L's work pretty good for that too. If you've got more tuberous shape breasts than the larger the diameter you can work with the better if you're looking to achieve a more rounded shape, because like the XL's seem to pull and grow the tissue in a wider/rounder shape before you see a whole lot of outward (sticking out) growth. Where I'm looking for I guess a bit of both, so I was using the L's and XL's till my L's cracked to where I can't use them any longer, so I'm just using the XL's now. They do give me nice swelling and shape though, so I think I'll just stick with them until I reach my goal. The main thing is that with the larger the cup you use the more you have to be careful not to over pump, this is especially important with the XL's, as they seem to be easier to over pump with without knowing you are than any of the other sizes because it takes more pressure to achieve and maintain a suction and doesn't seem to cause as much discomfort and pain as the smaller ones when you have over pumped a bit.

Hope this helps and didn't help confuse you any more than you may already be. ???

amelie

Thanks for explaining and no, I´m not confused at all, that clears it up a lot!
Actually I think I´ll have to stick it out with the Ms for a bit longer, my boobs are slowly getting rounder though they weren´t tuberous to begin with, but I just feel they are becoming fuller to the sides. Also, my frame is small so I think it would be a bit hard to get the really large domes to keep suction.

The thing is, they are quite slopey from breastfeeding so I´m trying to get them stick up some. So I think I´m on the right track, taking it slow.
One thing I´ve noticed since taking spirulina and epo daily is that they are getting very very firm, I hadn´t expected that! So that´s very nice. Or maybe it´s just the effect of noogling. But anyway, some months ago my boobs felt saggier, there was some sensation of loose skin if you know what I mean, now they are meatier - ugh that doesn´t sound very nice but it´s the best description I can come up with! ;)

charitywat88

Amelie, I also had 'the slope' from nursing my son. I think the smaller cups were better for filling out the tops. Since I've started with xlarge, most of my growth is on the sides, which I don't really mind but maybe I need to dig out those large cups again to help wih the outward growth and the tops.
Ive been thinking about getting spirulina or epo. Can't afford it at the moment but maybe soon. Is there a preference on which one works best?

Tenny tiny that's some awesome swelling! When using the xlarge I swell great too. I usually go to about a 34D obviously cause my 34C gets WAY too little. Lol. Maybe even DD! Nips aren't even half covered with swelling. Once it goes down though the 34C fits perfect. Does your swelling last a while?
Btw I pumped with less pressure today but for a longer period of time and got same swelling! Yayy! I was worried about not getting as good swelling but also the good thing is the swelling lasted forever! I pumped at like 10 this morning and when I changed clothes at about 6 this evening I was like whoa they're still huge! Lol

Teeny Tiny

Oh yeah, lower pressure for a longer time works on swelling just as good as high pressure for a short amount of time, and the swelling usually lasted longer till I got started on EPO and Spirulina. I've been taking both for about 5 weeks now, and while the swelling doesn't seem to last as long for me they seem to be helping with firming and growth, so I'll keep taking them and see if they help get me to my goal of 36D. I don't know if one works better than the other, as I've taken them both together from the start, and am planning on starting MSM as soon as I can afford to get some because it's supposed to be good for helping them grow as well. Those will be the only supplements I take though, I don't want to take a bunch of hormone altering supplements and have them mess up my system and possibly cause me some serious problems with my Porphyria. Speaking of Supplements, time to go fix some breakfast and take my morning dose. ;)