Fixing a squeaky pump

L

Louise1982

Lucy's advice: (from a previous post on this topic with a different heading)

Dear All, we have looked into this again and this is very easy to correct. The squeak or whistling on some pumps is caused by the form of the plastic on some pumps noozles. All you need to do is widen the hole (noozle ) using a 2 or 3mm drill bit (wood or metal type drill bit). You only need to insert it a 1 or 2mm. DONT GO ANY DEEPER AS IT MAY AFEECT THE PUMP!!!It takes literally a few seconds.

If you need me to explain this further or you dont understand, please let me know. Alternatively, we can do this for you if you dont have access to a drill. Even a hand drill or small file will do it.

best wishes
Lucy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further to Lucy's advice and having done the same with one of my Brava domes I poked mine through with a 2.4mm flat end screwdriver then a number '0' cross end screwdriver - you need to do it reasonably firmly the first time to open the hole then slowly while turning the screwdriver to clear the airway. My pump no longer squeaks!

S

SASSY

;D ;D ;D

Thanks for that brilliant tip! I've had a singing pump all along & had no idea that fixing it was that simple. Made my pumping routine a lot easier now as I think people could hear the pump before! :eek: