Good lightly lined bras?

rainyrain

Hello Ladies,

I went bra shopping the other day and noticed that the majority of Victoria's Secret bras are heavily padded. :-\ Just wanted to know if that's the norm these days?? Are the majority of women wearing heavily padded bras??

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 32B and am seriously lacking in size. Although I can greatly benefit from the extra padding--especially if the majority wear super-padded bras-- I don't believe in false advertising and favor bras that have just enough lining to prevent nipples from showing through.

VS's Body by Victoria lightly lined demi bras have been my favorite for the past few years but I'd like to get other comparable bras. I'm not crazy about the recent changes they made with the odd looking bow and metal charm smack dab in the middle. Do any of you know of any comfortable demi bras? I purchased Gilly Hicks's Ashley demi cut bras that other day and realized that they run small and are cut a little too low--my areolas almost show. Also, they are nowhere as comfortable as the Body by Victoria line. Maybe it's too much of a teeny bopper store and I went to the wrong place.. Looking for comfortable demi-cut bras that are 1) comfortable 2) lightly padded 3)looks smooth under clothing. Thank you!

rainyrain

Strumpet

Hi rainyrain,

It sounds like you would like aerie's "Ella" or "Hannah" bra - both are soft, lightly lined demis. I've found the quality of aerie bras to be really good, especially considering their price vs. a company like VS, and they come in cute styles. I just can't wear them anymore since discovering I was a 30 size band.

http://www.ae.com/aerie/browse/category.jsp?catId=cat4130015

I also don't like the heavily padded look (or feel) so I hope you find what you're looking for. <3

jnorton22002

Hi Strumpet,

Quick question so as to not ruin this topic, I think I would like the Ella bras too as I love demi's. How does the strap change to a racer back? I have serious mobility problems with my arms behind my back Hugs honey Mama J, and oh by the way Rain, I agree with you 100% about VS bras :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Strumpet

Hi Mama J,
I don't think the Ella changes to a racerback, just the Hannah. It's kind of a circle in the back where you have to hook when you crisscross the straps? That doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry. :( I do think you'd be able to switch it to a racerback before putting it on, so you wouldn't have to do it behind your back, if that makes sense. I don't usually wear racerbacks so I'm not an expert.

And glad it helped rainyrain. :)