Grape seed Extract and noogling. DON'T

itsjust4fun91

I just wanted to post this little tidbit for future users. I did finally figure out why it took me so long to see any results. It was the grapeseed extract I take for the swelling in my joints. It turns out it is also used to treat edema. I was taking 300mg a day of it and even on that amount after a year I did begin to see results, but I ran a quick experiment this past week after reading about it being used to treat edema, (I'm talking miraculous results for edema patients.)

Anyway, my grandmother has edema really badly and I wanted to make sure that the dosage that is reccomended for edema wouldn't be too much for her and make her have side effects, so I increased my dosage to 600mg. I thought if it doesn't effect my swelling it might be a good thing for my joints to be able to take that much anyways.

So the results. I lost all swelling within 3 days of taking the increased dosage. I couldn't even get even the smallest of swelling within moments of taking the cups off. It does that good of a job of stopping fluid induced swelling.

Anyway, it got me thinking about other supplements that some of us may be taking for one thing or another and I figured I should warn that everyone should be aware that anything that might help with edema, works against noogleberry, so know what you're taking.

Other than that, if it wasn't for noogling, I would tell everyone grapeseed extract is for sure something that should be in your supplement list if you are not currently doing some form of NBE. The more I find out about it, the more I love it health wise. NBE not so much. LOL

Mel

Teeny Tiny

that's weird! I know there have been a lot of women taking grape seed extract to help with NBE, and until I ran out I used a lotion that had grape seed extract in it on my breasts twice a day and have had extra swelling and tingling like breast development while using it. I'll have to go without it for a while and see how it affects my results. :-\

itsjust4fun91

Well, I think in lower doses it probably isn't enough to cause a problem. Most people take about 50 mg, but for someone that takes the higher doses for illness control, it's an issue. 300mg to 600 mg is the amount used to control edema. It's also the typical dose for other illnesses to relieve swelling of the joints. I have used the 300 mg for over a year and it took me a really long time to ever see swelling, but didn't think about it until I had good swelling then bumped my dose up to 600mg and within 24 hours, not only had the swelling in my hands gone down, but so had my boobs. LOL. It was like a lightbulb moment to say the least.

So small amounts of grapeseed probably won't be an issue, just large.

Mel

Teeny Tiny

few! Thanks for the info, that's a relief as I love my lotion I use twice a day that has grape seed extract in it. I don't take any grape seed extract internally, I just apply it on the outside with the lotion when I have it. Wal-Mart used to be the cheapest place to get it, even cheaper than through the manufacturer but they're remodeling all their stores and changing their stock and did away with it, damn! I'll have to comb all Wal-Marts in the area and buy up any I can find, especially if any of them have it on clearance like the first time I bought it. I do love to eat grapes though, so hopefully eating them won't have a negative effect, I read somewhere that they're one of the fruits recommended to eat while doing NBE, so I'll keep my toes crossed. So far the journey is slow, but I definitely have more than before I started NB. ;) :D ;D