growing out of cups .....and I haven't even gotten swelling yet! :O

Abigail3

Hi everyone! This morning after noogling I noticed that I just had a tad little filling in...(or swelling)...Just a tiny bit though....Nothing like the pictures in the gallery show where they're full blown swollen. I could have easily looked it over and not tell anything happened...Since I look at them so much I was able to tell.

So is this the start of it all? Tiny bit at first then gradually build up to full blown (wow) swelling?

Since I've switched to the L cups I've noticed that I'm almost got these filled in. :eek: I can almost come to the end of the cup now. It's amazing.....how fast I can fill in the cup....And again just like the mediums my skin is starting to touch toward the base of the cup. But then I don't get much of anything after I take the cups off. I think I need to order the XL cups here soon too. But this makes me a little sad, or disapointed because I haven't gotten hardly any big swelling yet and here I'm about to go to the largest size cup there is. :'( I'm a little discouraged because of this. Growing out of the cups and not gaining anything. Does this mean it won't work for me? I have previously breastfed boobs and am left with stretched out skin and no filling..... Maybe it doesn't work as great for those who've breastfed?...I dunno.

Abigail3

Well I just checked on the order section for the breast pumps and I didn't see any XL cups. I've read of others using the XL cups. Is this from noogleberry?

This is crazy. I've been at this 2 weeks......took 2 days off for my skin....just started back up again today....skin back to where it was before break. (hickey's....dots, pimples from lotion/oil). And I started at the medium...quickly grew out of that....and then took a few days to almost grow out of L. This is nuts.

Judy689

Hey Abailgail3, I wish I could help you but I' am new to this noogleberry forum but I suggest you to send a message to the moderator or any of the users who have had A lot of experience with the noogleberry system because I've gotten great answers and advice that were real helpful from the people on here. Well good luck! ;)

Abigail3

I don't understand what you mean. I did post on this forum so that I could get help from those more experienced ;)

H

humanbean4whirledpeas

Hi Abigail!

First off relax I think you're doing just fine don't give up! From what I understand, you only really need to have space between the nipple and the end of the cup to have a good pull. If its actually touching the end of the cup then go for the size bigger. And don't worry about it being the last size! I'm sure Lucy will come out with alot more variety of cups as time goes on but in the meantime I did notice in other threads some of the ladies talking about other suctioning brands and their cups which appear to be larger than the largest in NB at the moment. So there are plenty of options. So I'd say first see if in your L cups if there's any space in there. If there is then keep going with those! And if not go for the XL and don't be afraid of not having other options because there are more out there. Perhaps, it would be of benefit to shoot over an email to Lucy and tell her about your situation and see if she has other suggestions or would be willing to work on more sizes in the future! That would be awesome if she did I think I've seen quite a few ladies wondering what to do after XLs so I think it it's worth a shot to inquire about that. And in the meantime, you grow out of the XLs no worries just order only cups from another brand and keep on noogling :D I think there was a thread of someone wanting to sell a pair of ones they had too and she even had a picture of the other cups compared to the largest of NB so you can see for yourself the difference in size ... I forgot which thread that was but if I come accross it again I'll post it in here for ya.
O and about the gallery pictures, don't worry babe you're gonna get there too! Lots of the pictures I noticed are from people who have used this technique for a very long time .. some even years! So I know once you get cups that are giving you that pull you'll be on your way to your goal too! I've only been doing this for 3 weeks and I'm in the same boat as you it seems as far as not really seeing much of any growth besides a full feeling. I actually started a thread not knowing that you felt the same way! lol But all I can say is if you're seeing even a little swelling it means its starting to kick in.. I guess our bodies may need some time to adjust to it all and then we'll be on a roll like everyone else! :D
Well I'm not much of an expert at all since I'm still a newbie but I just thought I'd chime in whatever I learned from this forum until someone more knowledgeable steps in with advice for you!
Don't give up hang in there and good things will come to you, Abigail!

~humanbean :-*

B

BooBoo

To clarify, no, those pics are not comparing NB's largest cup. That is the NB Large versus the BB XL. The NB XL is substantially larger than both of those.

Abigail, humanbean is right. First thing you need to do is relax. Look through all the posts, see the dates. A lot of people have been doing this for a loooooooooong time and there's a lot of wiggle room, almost everyone eventually finds something that works for them. If you look through the last 2 threads I started, you'll see that I've been having a Hell of a time. I managed to fill up the Medium and Large NB cups in a month or so, followed by filling the Brava XL domes in another month or two, while not yet gaining any worthwhile growth. It's due to my skin's ability to stretch. While it was utterly frustrating, it wasn't the end of my journey. Now that the NB XL cups are available, I have no doubt that I will reach my goals because even as stretchy as I am, I can't even get remotely close to filling these monsters. lol Really, they're freakin' huge. heh

So, given all that, my suggestion would be to e-mail Lucy at lucy@noogleberry.com and discuss purchasing a set of the XL cups. I would also suggest getting one of the pumps with the gauges on them to avoid pressure mishaps. As for not seeing the kind of swelling that you've seen in the gallery, again, look at how much time they have invested. For most of us, it's pretty substantial amounts before we get that big ol' WOW swelling. A lucky few manage it very quickly, but most of us don't.

So yes, believe me, I know the frustrations well and we're always here for you to vent, but don't get into a mindset that will defeat you before you've really had a chance. I mean what's the worst that can happen? Some lost time? On the other hand, the best thing that can happen is that you continue working for it and eventually achieve your goal. That chance has to be worth managing a few stumbling blocks, right?

Edit: I just found the pic that compares the NB Large and XL cups to give you a bit more hope. Really, seeing these things, you've just gotta know you have room to grow. lol

http://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=784.0;attach=360;image

H

humanbean4whirledpeas

whops! Sorry about that! I must've only half remembered and filled in the blanks on my own :D Excellent advice, BooBoo I got a boost of confidence reading that post meself .. where's my NB i think its time to give it another go ;D

~humanbean :-*

Abigail3

Humanbean,
Thanks a bunch your a doll. I don't touch the ends of the L cups yet....but as fast as they stretch, it probably won't be long. :eek: I have about a half inch to go on my bigger side...and a little over a half inch to an inch on the smaller side to go before I do touch the ends.

Hi Booboo,
I did not see your posts.....I will have to take a look at them. Sounds like you and I are in the same boat! Glad we're not alone in this ;). I do have the pump that is the pressure release kind.

I was just freaking out because of the quikness of the filling in the cups with no swelling yet....I mean I know not to expect huge swelling yet this early...but the quickness of the filling in the cups was scaring me....thinking that I would't be able to get anywhere since I'd grow out of the cups and couldn't use it anymore...
I thought that the other more experienced users started out slower than that....(their skin stretching out in the cups that is)....and then would swell a lot before ever growing out of the cup....like the mediums for example. That's why I was flipping out.

Good grief there's a HUGE difference between the L and the XL cups! :eek: WOWZERS! Are you sure that's really the large cup? lol It appears as though the circumference of the XL is the same as that of the L...which I hope will not pose a prob. for me since my skin is already touching the sides of the L cup...toward the base. Anyway.....the XL look gargantuat....(sp?) Good thing they are though that makes me feel better since the L isn't the last size ;).

B

BooBoo

lol Yep, I'm certain. They are very close to the same diameter, but it makes a huge difference for sure. About the pump, they all have a pressure release button, but the newest pumps have a pressure GAUGE on it letting you know exactly what the pressure in the cup is. This not only keeps you from overpumping (a common problem with new XL users) but also allows you to keep even pressure.

Abigail3

Ooooohhhh! I didn't know that! So it's only for the XL cups? That's really cool. Thanks for letting me know! :-* ;) I was going to say something else but it left me... ::) Hopefully it'll come back to me...ugg...I hate it when that happens.

B

BooBoo

Well no, it could be used with any of them. It's just new and of special value with the XLs since overpumping can hurt both the user and the cup.

Abigail3

Ok gals....I think I've figured out something. LOL.....now I know what you all meant when you said to go easy at first......
I have a high pain tolerance and so for me it was really easy to "push" myself to the max...even though I didn't think I was. :eek:...but I was...anyway, this evening when I pumped I told myself to go easy.....just enough to get suction then get that pulling feeling.....(taking the advice that was given) Well I did go easy and let me tell ya...what a difference in the way it feels....it's "painless"..lol no pun intended ;) ...(huge difference in the way the cup felt) I mean it hurt before...but I could have easily pushed myself even further since it didn't hurt REAL bad...again...high pain tolerance ;).....I also released if I noticed any purpling. So by doing this, I didn't go as far into the cup this time. I also felt itching on the top of my right side. ;) I also had some fullness...very little in some areas. So I'm starting to see a little bit of something :D yay. So now I know the trick is to go smoothly and slowly...It's soo easy when this is done. It also makes it seem more relaxing and enjoyable than a chore. It'll be somewhat of a challenge for me since I can easily "push" myself if you know what I mean.

L

Lululu

Abigail - I think I'm totally with you again - we started at about the same time - I'm not getting any swelling and have stretch post feeding boobs - and I think I detect that you have the same impatience as me when you see the OMG swelling that some girls get... I started on the L and they would probably still be OK with soft rings to give a bit of extra depth but I bought the XLs anyway and I think they give me a more round shape when pumping rather than a long tube shape which I felt the L was doing and I think it will be a VERY long time before I fill the XLs!!

Glad to have someone to share my NB journey with who is at the same point and feeling the same frustrations!!

L xx

L

liltalkie

Abigail, I can totallly relate to the way you are feeling!! I started out with the system that included the small medium and large cups. I didn't even try the small they are that tiny. I quickly filled the mediums!! Then within a month of using the larges, my nipples were right there at the end of the domes!! I had already begun to experience some firming and some roundness, and occasionally swelling but I did not look like I would be using the large domes. I went ahead and got the new XL domes and WHOA!! i don't think there is going to be an issue of me running out of room in them babies!! lol Yeah, trully the photo comparison does not do it justice. Just please dear remember, be patient and persistent and consistent!! Please do not give up!! If you don't think you are experiencing anything take a picture now and again in a month. I felt just like you and I had picures of myself before and then took a recent pic and that encouraged me!! I breastfed four babies about nine months or more apiece so the stretchy boob syndrome is right up my alleyway! Keep pumping and keep us updated!!
~Liltalkie~

Abigail3

Glad to know I'm not alone in this category;)....but on the other hand, sorry you are going through the same thing as me...lol. Lululu that's nice that the XL's give you more roundedness. :D...looking forward to that. I have just yesterday noticed that I had a little bit of swelling...just a teeny on the top part which is super nice because I could REALLY use some tops!!! :D So I can see that it's starting to work now !yay! but very slowly and a little bit....which is better than nothing! I'm also in that part of my cycle where I get fuller too so I don't know if that makes a difference...

So I guess this will be something that just slowly builds up over time... So I must be starting on the baby steps. Yippeee

Liltalkie,
Thankis for the encouragement....I will remember that....patience + persistence + consistent= ;DBOOBIES! ;D I remember reading that in a post a while back...to be patient and slow and steady wins the race..etc.
And no I'm not going to quit....not just yet.....I'm just getting started. ;) I would like to take pictures but I have 3 kiddos and I would hate to have any pics of me hiding anywhere in this house. lol. I will keep you all posted ;). Keep us posted too! :D