Help nipple problem!!

C

catlady

Help! I am now having a problem with my nipples. They are not perky anymore.
All of swelling is taking alot out of them they just don't want to stand up anymore. :(
Anyone else had this problems? Please any suggestions?

E

electricalstorm

Hello
Your problem might be cause by over pumping. It would be like filling a balloon with water as full as it can get, then letting a 1/3 of the water out.
I feel it takes a long time to grow breast tissue. I am after breast tissue growth, not swelling.
I also feel pumping is one of those things where to much is not a good thing. Boobs should never turn blue or purple.
I am not suggesting you to stop pumping, just cut down on the pressure.
And give your boobs a chance to grow tissue.
I hope this helps
Terri

M

Mumma Bear

Hi Catlady - have you tried taping your nipples? I use two bandaids each nipple - just in a little cross.

C

catlady

I actually just started using bandaids. I did not pump for few days to let the swelling go down.
I did not pump any more then I did before I just think the XL cups do alot more pressure and I was not used to it. So now I use the bandaids and take the pumping slower. Thanks

T

tj08

electricalstorm,

so you are saying your breasts should not turn red or purple at all? I've on here that a lot of women's breasts do. I would think if they didn't, how are you going to get the results? if I don't pump till they turn at least a little red, the cups don't stay on. It seems the ones that have had their breasts turn red/purple have had GREAT results.

C

catlady

Everything is better now. I just took about two weeks off NB.
You do not want to pump until your boobs are purple/blue.
Red yes. I have no swelling if I don't pump till my boobs are red
But don't over do it. Especially with the xl it is very easy to over do it.
Think about it when your skin is red that is the blood coming to the surface.
What happens when your skin turn blue or purple? No blood no oxygen.

B

booler

Ohhh, good thought Catlady,

Red = oxygen = good
purple = suffacation = bad

I can remember that!

Booler