Help With Tubing

U

umbasheer

Hello Everyone:

I need help quick. My tubing wont stay on my cups. It keeps sliding off. I tried washing the cup inside and out. No luck. I wiped the top with alcohol. No luck still. I boiled the tips, still no luck. They were fine last night, but now they will not stay on. Please someone help me, what should I do? Now I can't pump! :'(

Thank You,
Kareemah

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Kareemah, you can either cup the ends of the tubing back to make some fresh ends, or try putting the tubing in the freezer box overnight and then trying the ends in the morning. If these measures fail, let me know and i can send you some more tubing. You could also place some tiny cable ties on the ends of the cup nozzles, like the ones shown here: http://www.pac3000.com/courier-cable-ties.htm ,

I wonder if this is a common problem with others? if so , let me know and we will have to look into changing the tubing to a thicker type. I am loathed to do this as the present tubing is soft and pliable. We are working on cups with conenctors at the top similar to the airlock but they will be additional to the system for those that prefer this type.

let me know how you get on.

best wishes
Lucy :)

N

Natale69

Hi Lucy,

I am curious to know what type of tubing Kay has, is the the previous clear plastic or the new soft silicone tubing?

I've not had any problems for a long time. when you had the two piece tubing (orange and green) I used to reverse the ends about once a month. Then when you changed to the new T piece I did have some problems like Kay mentioned, however, as you suggested I attached small cable ties and that eliminated the problem. I would also suggest before putting the tubing into the freezer, taking them off the cups and the T piece soaking them in hot water to make them soft and pliable then placing the tubing into the freezer.

As for the new pliable tubing I've only had that tubing for a week and not seen any problems. In fact, I noticed with the other clear tubing that sometimes the tubing would collapse a little when pumping. The new tubing although smaller and very pliable, I have noticed that it seems to work better than the old clear plastic tubing you used to supply.

Regards,
Natale69

J

jenjen

I wonder too Kareemah whether you might have got a bit of lotion on the cup ends. Have you tried sticking a q-tip or something to clean out the inside of the tube ends?

U

umbasheer

No, i did not clean with a q- tip, but today I cut the tube just a snip and it is working better.

Thanks All,
Kareemah