How do you measure?

Boodles

Hi eveyone

I was wondering how, when you measure, you make sure it is accurate? So much depends on exactly hot tight the tape is.

With my daughter, and with both of us measuring it is difficult to tell whether she has grown nothing or an inch in the 6 months she has been noogling.

She is getting a bit disheartened, although I am sure she is filling her 34b bras much better now.

Any tips gratefully received :)

jnorton22002

Hi Boodles,

I certainly feel DD's pain. But-------- I must say, I'm sure she has grown.I know from my experience that I haven't shown much of anything out, but I have really gained a lot side to side. I am now in a B cup and actually lost a band size. i'm now a 38 B. I believe I've lost the band size due to my hormone therapy causing muscle loss in and around my back and front. Any way tell your DD for me don't give up YOU ARE BIGGER

Mama J with hugs :-* :-* :-* :-*

wannabecee

Hi Boodles,

this is what I use to measure:
http://www.herroom.com/measure-bra-size-with-implants,904,30.html

hope this helps. I know it is hard to check if the tape measure is in the same spot and all that. try this..

all the best!

Boodles

Thank you both Mama J and Wanabecee.

Mama J - I agree, I am sure that is what has happened to her. I feel that they have both extra from side to side and top to bottom. Thank you for your words of encouragement. She has only missed 3 days Noogling in the past 6 months (although sometimes it may have been for only half an hour) so she has been very dedicated. As she is clearly not a fast responder I know that it takes time an patience - not something that teenagers are known for! Still, she is carrying on so hopefully she will get past this 'blip'.

Wanabecee - that website is wonderful and a much better way of measuring - thank you! We measured her last night and she measured 9" one side and nearly 9.5" on the other. However her under cup measurement is about 31.5" so that makes her a 36B according to this method. I dont think she would ever wear a 36 - she wears a 34b on the tightest setting and until recently was wearing a 32"! Either way though it is a much better way to assess progress. Thank you !

that1spaztichik

Boodles, I don't even measure anymore. It's disheartening! I'll look in the mirror and my breasts will look HUGE...but then I'll measure, and the measuring tape will say I'm even SMALLER than I was a few months ago. HUH?? Just have her go with how her bras feel. She'll feel it when the B's are too small. I did! I no longer wear B's because they SMASH my boobs. If that isn't proof that I've grown, I don't know what is :)

lovenotbombs

I totally agree with Spazzychick. I've even measured a few times in a row just to be sure and not every time I get the same accuracy, so it really depends on where the tape falls. Using the bra to see the fit is a better way to go. Some days I feel so bouncy and full and others not so much, but the tape reads the same! So there must be a fallacy there on my measuring!

Boodles

Thank you Spazzychick and Noogleboober. Thee are indeed other and better ways of measuring progress than measuring. It was just that you see people talking of half inch growth or whatever and I wonder how they manage to measure with that degree of accuracy. Having said that the measuring individual boobs technique that Wanabecee talked about is certainly a big improvement on just measuring around the bust.

Before DD started noogling about 6 months ago she was wearing a 32B push up bra. The band was too tight but she wanted the extra oomph it ave her. For comfort she went into a 34b (same style) soon after starting but kpt the smaller ones in case she ever needed some extra oomph. She tried one of her old bras on the other day ans she can barely squeeze into it and the 34Bs are now giving her just as much oomph if not more than the 32bs used to. So that proves she has made some progress. When it is slow it is not always apparent :)

that1spaztichik

Sounds like she's seeing great improvement! Yes, the results are slow for most of us :( but it's worth it! At my biggest point, I gained..I want to say 1.25"?? And now the measuring tape doesn't reflect that all the time, but like I said before, the bra does so I don't care. Just wait til she can't fill the 34B!! It'll happen!!