Maca side effects?

nyx

I thiiiiiiiink they're the same thing. Don't quote me on that. I can't find anything on Google (didn't really search hard, though). I want to say that the extract is more concentrated because they can fit a higher concentration per dose (when it gives you a ratio on the label, like 4:1) than just plain maca root which would be 1:1? Not sure if that makes sense. I always take maca root extract in pill form just because that's what's available to me, anyway.

xxbabygirlxx

oops sorry tatiana673, i didn't know you posted a question. I hope b5 is working for you. Its done wonders for my skin[in regards to acne]. I think everyone responds differently to herbs. My skin is very sensitive to hormone changes, so maca made me break out. You just have to see what works for you in regards to your skin. :)

itsjust4fun91

One more suggestion about acne. For anyone with very severe acne most of their life, going on a very strong probiotic can help some people especially if they have ever been prone to having a problem with their feet smelling. I know it sounds odd but most kids and adults with both symptoms have a major over growth of candida. My eldest had this problem badly. Once we figured it out if we noticed his shoes were starting to smell again than a breakout was coming too.

Mel

Fill My Cup

I took maca for hormone balance and libido help~ didnt know it had any other side effects. I was out walking with my daughter one night and said " why is my butt feel so big lately?" I hadnt gained weight, buy my heiny was getting kinda round! I went and did a little research and about fell out of my chair when I saw it had been known to put " a little junk in your trunk." So, for me, other than the libido mega increase and the booty lift, I have had no adverse reactions to it. Actually, I take that back. It lessened my cramps during my period :)

carlynd

Thanks! I'm on my first week of taking it, fingers crossed.
I'm taking it with SP and Fenugreek seed, hoping these won't cancel out eachother.

Rosance

Sorry for digressing this discussion again, but I thought I should share here since the questions arose from this thread. What is good for blemishes is African Black Soap and Shea Butter. I have been using these two products together and they have immensely taken care of the break outs AND scars I had experienced due to the high dosage of Biotin I was taking a while ago (5000mg a day), of course the stopping of the ingestion of this supplement influenced the amount of break outs I was experiencing, but the scars have also been diminishing, which means that these two product are really doing an awesome job. I got mine from Coastal Scents. I tend to use these two items on my face only, so I can compare my face's skin with the rest of my body to figure out if the products are doing anything. My back's break outs and scars are still there as well as those around my neck. My face keeps getting clearer and clearer that even during the time of period, the break outs are less obvious. Another item worth sharing with in account of such skin issues is Vitacilina; this is an antibiotic in form of ointment; this does take longer than the other two products put together (at least for me). Hope this helps ;)

lisalee

Hi all, just wanted to agree with the recommendation of black soap. I just started using it & I can't rave about it enough! My face has cleared up & so have the blackheads. Even the oiliness is better. I use it all over & the acne on my back has cleared up to. Also my feet are not as dry & flakey if u can believe it too. They feel like I just had a pedi & smoothed up nice. I also alternate black soap with Shea castile soap. My scalp & skin are so sensitive to the chemicals in soaps & shampoos that my scalp was always rashey or had folliculitis, my hair was starting to fall out. So there have been a big improvement there too. My hair feels very soft & cleaner that I only wash it every other day or two now. I can't sing it's praises enough, you must try it!

Rosance and lisalee - i am so excited! unfortunately i jsut had my prescription which is so itchy and burning, it does help (have used it for a week) but still, i wanted to try all options before going on prescription - obviously i missed a really good one. as soon as these cremes ends and i will have money (next month) i will definately try it. do you use regular african black soap?

lisalee

Hi Tatiana 673, I use Dr woods Shea visions pure Castile black soap. It's a liquid soap I use every day every where. I got a 32oz container on sale from vitacost.com for 7.99 about 40 percent off. You might be able to find in one of those organic health food type of stores. I don't know where you live, but I actually first found it in my local chain grocery store.

I'm sure you'll love it! You won't be disappointed. I just wish I found out about this sooner.

lisalee

Hi Tatiana673,

Sorry, I've been really busy with the holidays & such. I've been using it about 2mos or so and I'm so happy with it. Even my husband likes it. Of course his skin is perfect & only gets a pimple once a year for a day or so. But he did also notice his feet are also smoother too & his are much worse than mine. I believe it has an exfoliating element to it.

I hope you have the same experience with it as I have & I hope you enjoy your holidays!