misshaped foam pad

ittybitty123

I had someone coming to my place, so without thinking I just put everything in my closet and I guess one of my foam pads was on something hard because it has some indentation on it and I can't get it to hold suction anymore. Is there any trick to get indented foam back to its original shape or should I just by a new one?

side note: I'm also pretty thin to begin with and I didn't use it for a week or two and lost 8 pounds during that period of time so maybe it won't suction at my current weight?

James

I remember Lucy said something about warming the soft rings at very low heat in an oven could restore them. You might email Lucy@noogleberry.com to confirm.

WishUponAStar

Not sure which kind of foam it is (i.e. chemical composition) but I have seen how vehicle restoration people use steamers to perk up matted upholstery foam by injecting steam right into the matted foam seat/back cushion areas. This is useful if new cushions for that vehicle's seats are not available /readily available.

On the other hand, I bought an airbrush, still in its factory original package and plastic wrap, that had mold growing inside the package. I discovered that it had been flooded /soaked and the plastic wrap was not 100% sealed so the moisture mostly got trapped inside; the 2 foam parts, that held & cushioned the parts inside the case, reeked of mold so I steamed them using a metal colander on top of a big slowly boiling pot of water and covered it all with the lid. When I came back over an hour later, the main foam part was completely shriveled up but the foam cover (which was a different kind of foam, more like a thin layer of upholstery foam) was 100% OK.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas to try, or sparks your imagination for other possible methods, but be careful to not burn yourself, or the foam, whatever method you attempt.