New - please help!

A

atc

Hi ladies, this is my first post and i was wondering if anyone could please help me.

I had implants removed 18 months ago. Unfortunately, my implanting Surgeon messed up my muscles and my muscles have now completely retracted and are bunched up at the armpit area, in theory giving me no pec muscles. I have excess skin and not a good look at all. Am i still able to use the NB system despite the complication with my muscles? Thanks in advance for your help

A

aspin1980

Hi. I understand some of what you feel, as I also had implants thats needed to be removed. Fortunately after a few weeks things returned to normal for me. Have you talked to a doctor about any type of excercise that may help with your pec muscles? Maybe some basic stretching? As for using the noogleberry, I don't see any harm as it affects the fatty tissue of your breast. Good luck and hang in there!

A

atc

Thanks Aspin. I have spoken with 4 surgeons - 2 from UK and to from USA who all say nothing can be done to mend the muscle. I am unable to do any form of upper body exercise as when the remaining bit of muscle contracts it is very uncomfortable. I am interested in the NB system, but don't want to cause myself any more unecessary expense or upset if it is unlikely to work or cause my muscles any more harm

D

Dixieland

atc,
Have you tried massage? I hear it is great for many things, maybe it would help you.
Dixieland

L

lisamccarter

Hey atc,
I had implants removed 17 months ago. They were silicone, placed under the pectoral muscles. I don't have the bunched-up muscles under the arms that you describe, but my breasts and muscles would distort sometimes, and look very unnatural. I started NB on May 5th and am amazed at the results. My breasts, even though still small are looking beautiful. I am very pleased.
Lisa

J

jellyDeeeee

wow girls this implant buisness is soooo scary !!!!!! ??? ???
Did you both goto reputable plastic surgeons with credentials etc.... or overseas or what made you choose these doctors ???
How did they react to thier mistakes ? how were you both treated ???
The reason IM asking is many many girls come on to a site like this that might be about to clinch the surgical deal and maybe you could help give them the real picture !!!!

It all looks so perfect and glossy in the web sites and cosmetic books !!!! Im so sorry you both went through this !!! Well at least your with a great bunch of likeminded girls now and are noogling away with us all I wish you every success love JellyDeeee.... ::)

L

lisamccarter

Hey JellyDeeeee,
Implants are a nightmare, and an injustice to women. I take full responsibility for being a fool, however.......when I had implants placed 20 years ago, the general consensus of the medical community was that implants were safe, indestructible, and lasted a lifetime; and if you ever wanted them removed, it would be a simple in-office procedure.......YEAH RIGHT.........sounds reminiscent of the Titantic. Anyway, I did use a reputable Plastic Surgeon for placement and removal. Funny, they don't have a negative word to say when you are thinking about getting implants........but after you get them and have problems and want them removed then suddenly you hear things like: " all implants leak", "you will not be happy with them out, you will be deformed". You may not even realise they have cut your pectoral muscles. I didn't. Anyway, I am thankful to Almighty God for having patience with me during my foolishness, and sparing my life and health. I felt Him prompting me that if I just had them removed, then He would lovingly help me with the outcome. As always, He has been faithful to that promise.
Lisa

A

aspin1980

I would highly discourage people to consider getting implants. I had my saline implants put in November 2001. They lasted about 2 years. The Dr who did them had lost his license only several months after my friend and I both got them done. The problem with mine, besides one was underfilled, and both had ripples that you could see under my skin, was that my right implant started deflating. It had developed a leak in the valve. Unfortunately, I was stuck like this for 7 months due to the fact that I was pregnant. So I had the pleasure of stuffing one breast cup everyday with a "cutlet" just to look normal. I had found a wonderful plastic surgeon to help me with the removal, and besides looking really deflated for a couple of weeks, they did return to normal, which in my case was hardly anything. Also my friend's implants leaked shortly after mine did and she had to get them removed, hers did not have a serial number on them, like mine, and there was no record of her getting them done. Mine were sent back to the manufactuer, and I recieved a couple of hundred dollars. Not that taht could possibly cover the cost.
You might think one plastic surgeon is better than another, but you never really know. Breast implants do not last forever, and the risks to your own body can be unrepairable. I can well afford to get new ones but I would not ever do that again. If someone is dead set on getting them, make sure you also read up on all the longterm and shortterm problems that might occur. Also remeber that you will need to have them replaced sometime down the road, whether its 2 years, or 20 years, so u may want to put away extra money for that.
I just got my noogleberry and I am happy that I made that purchase.

A

atc

I went to a very reputable Surgeon in a local private hospital. I had over the muscle at first which looked like old milk maids boobs! (my breasts before implants were small but pert). I had a lot of rippling so 5 months later had them changed to under the muscle using the same Surgeon. He completely butchered me. I have tried to sue, but it will cost me huge ammounts to even begin a claim with no guaranteed outcome so i can not afford to go down that road. I am devastated. Implants are gross - they might look good on some women but they feel horrible. I wish so much i could turn back the clock and have my initial little boobies back!

J

jellyDeeeee

thanks girls !!!! USUALLY LOTS OF GIRLS CONSIDERING IMLPANTS WILL HAVE A BROOWSE ON these kinds of sites, hopefully this first hand info will help them make very informed decisions !!!!

Doesnt it just get you when its all glamour and excitement and this will be the best thing youve ever done before the surgery and then that old tune is mysteriously forgotton !!!!! Thank Goodness for noogleberry and natural alternatives jelly........

D

drunkenhammie

:eek: :eek: :eek:
i was actually thinking of getting implants if noogleberry didn't give satisfactory results!
ehmm... i'm thinking twice now.
makeover shows on TV do make implants seem so straightforward!!

A

atc

Please don't get implants. Visit some of the explant sites and read some of the stories - some of them are quite horrendous. I am deformed for life now and when i look back at pre-implant photos, i looked fantastic - small but fantastic! Breast implants are not for life like the Surgeons will tell you. They rupture and leak and cause terrible health problems. I can't stress enough how unatural they are........horrible things! I have been advised by 3 surgeons to have more implants to try to disguise my deformity but as upset as i am about how i look, i would never ever go down that road again

A

aspin1980

Yes, do not get implants. They really glamorize them here in the US and there are so many shows on tv showing how its so wonderful, but do look up and talk to people online and hear the truth about all the complications and such. Most plastic surgeons will sugarcoat potential doubts you may have. Get as much info as possible and talk to as many former patients if you are dead set on getting them.