newbie question

J

jenjen

Okay, I received my NB (in less than 2 weeks from the UK to Canada, pretty amazing!). I tried it out tonight. I am able to get suction. I've got the medium cups even though I'm AA, on Lucy's recommendation. My band size is 34. I can get suction and really feel it, but can't take my hands off the domes or they fall off. I got the airlock as I was really hoping to be able to do other things with the domes on.

Do you experts have any tips? I did look through some old posts and saw recommendations to use a lotion and/or a sports bra, so I'll try that out. Is it possible I need to use smaller cups or the rings to be able to let go?

thanks in advance.

A

Ann

Hi Jenjen,
Well, I'm not an expert but I'd say it just takes some getting used to. I was a 34AA and got the small cups although I had the same problem until I got the hang of it. Yes the lotion/oil does help. I can say that when I did use the small cups even as small as I was cup wise, there was still a big gap in between the cups. I mean the cups weren't grabbing all my chest. When I was pumping there was about almost a 2 inch space between the cups. So I figured it would have been better somehow to just start with the medium.

I could also suggest, after you use a cream/oil bend a bit forwards when putting the cups on and hold both cups with one hand and pump with the other hand. That should help to get a good hold and suction of all the tissue, thus a better seal. Practice makes perfect ;) Good luck to you.