Nipple harder and aerola wrinkling up?

jinj

OKay, today is my 7th day... with enhance system.
becuase theres no pump with the enhance, i can't do the pump and release method and so far i have been doing pump till its VERY tight and hold.. Thus my nipples were stretched and becoming huge. when i stop the treatment, the nipples are super hard and the areola are like wrinkling up and hard. and look ugly =(... well after may be 2 hours , they do go back down in size and areola became smooth again.

however, with the constant stretching while pumping. i am afraid teh areola will stay wrinkled up all day. =(. ..and i do not want my nipples to get bigger. they are big enough..

what should i do? ...

(or should i just buy a NB pump so i can try the pump and release technique?).......

--------------
btw, i just read the thread where people post why they NB... so heartfelt... =(.. we all have our reasons to NB....
i love how supportive this forum is.. =)

K

kultzu

Hi jinj,

That is interesting and yes, I can imagine how hard it is to not be able to release the pressure when you need to. It may be worth buying NB pump which you can control how much , how hard or how little to wanna pump. ;) ;) ;).

Take care,
Kultzu

P

Philli

Big nipples ;D. Not going to tell you what my husband said about your message.

Y

yourcuties

Jinj my nipples expand and get bigger and "puffy" when i pump. But they eventually go down back 2 normal. U should b ok...
I dont think there is anyone yet on this forum that has had their nipples enlarged.
Stop stressing my beautiful!

L

Lululu

Hi Jinji,

The NB is having the opposite effect for me - my nipples have been permanently big with tight areoles since I expressed milk for 4 months when I had a baby about 5 years ago - so it is possible that a pump can do that but the cone for expressing milk is totally different to a NB dome - with the milk one the nipple is sucked into a narrow tube and then the suction is on and off to get the milk to flow so it's more like the nipple enlargement bumps that NB sells. My experience with the normal NB is that it's actually softening the areola so they aren't always tight - thta has the added bonus that the nipples look shorter too. With my NB I pump and hold and repump if the suction lessens - I don't release unless I think it looks too red so I don't think it is the pump and hold that is causing the problem for you, although the NB pump might be a good investment anyway as they are so easy to use.

W

waxingmoon

Hi Jinj,

There are several on this forum who did not like the effect of suction on their nipples. Waterproof bandaids were their solution. I am sure if you do a little searching you can find the posts that talk about this. Probably one of the bandaid users will read this thread and give you some tips.

Glad you got started with your system. With or without a pump I am sure you will be fine. Just don't make things too uncomfortable for your breasts with the suction. Tight is okay but painfully tight is to be avoided.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

J

jackieT

Hi Jinj..

I think it has an effect on the nipples any which way. As for me, they get big and white! It looks awful to be honest, but after an hour or so they are okay again. So far mine did not permanently get bigger.

Hope this helps.

Don't Stress , go for the NB Success!!

Jackie

B

BooBoo

Hey Jinj,

Unlike the others who posted, mine do *exactly* what you described. While it is very startling and quite an irritation to put on a bra straight away, it does get better. Mine still do it, but as time goes on, the effects last less and less time. I have also noticed though that shorter sessions also do wonders for lessening the duration of the effect. When I was doing hour+ sessions, they took forever to return to normal. So now I do 30 - 45 mins sessions and just do them more frequently. Mine now return to normal within a few mins. No matter what though, it's definitely not permanent.

E

entropiana

Hi jinj, i feel your pain girl...I have inverted nipples, i guess that's the term used for when nipples are hidden in the aereola area instead of sticking out...so, when i started using NB with M cups for the first time i saw them stick out full length and stay like that for couple of hours...that hurt a lot so i looked in the forum and somebody else had gone through the same thing and used bandaides in a cross shape over the nipple...so i did the same and even though they would swell and point out again, they didnt hurt anymore. Now that i moved to the L cups, the boobs are getting more swelling but the nipples not as much and they are not in pain anymore so i am not using the bandaides and am doing just fine.
this is my experience ....wish you all the best and hope you can get the pump pretty soon:)
hugs

jinj

actuallly i do release when the suction is too tight, just that releasing is not as easy as a click of button, i have to remove the tube to let air out..and then to re-pump, instead of using a pump, i suck air out myself. therefore, since i get lazy, i tend to just let it all pumped up and keep browsing the NB forum =P

philli...
you made me curious now! tell me tell me~
(my bf does think big nipples are hot haha... haha.. but...i think definitely not how it looks like after NB-ing.... i aint seeing him these days so he dones't know i am NB-ing yet)

waxingmoon...
yea i spent two hours reading the forum before i posted this message last night. i saw the waterproof bandaid method too, but i figure i might get faster help when i post this as a new topic..

booboo
the instruction that comes with enhance says 1-2 hours everyday, 3 hours max.. so what i have been doing is just leaving it on for at least 2 hours each session, and do another session if i have time....may be i should really start trying shorter session, but i dont feel like i wanna take it off!!!!! i keep thinking the longer the better....

--------------------
so yea, i am trying the bandaid....it comes off sometimes when pumping tho, since the skin is expanding and the bandaid couldn't hold it... mm............but using it.. makes my session less painful since the bandaid reduces the stretching at the tip...

another question i have:
i know about SS w/PP... but will i see anything next month (that should be around 35th day of pumping)? like... even the slightest difference?

D

dandelion1

mine are wrinkled up too because of suction...
after not using suction for a few days it seems to go back normal except for when they get cold .....
it sucks...if i get bigger boobs ill put up with it but if not then ill be angry that i still got no boobs with wrinkled nipples...

jinj

i know!!!
how long have you been NB-ing?

... i started bandaid today... i reduced the stretching... i let you know when i take it off hahaa

jinj

questions....

i have been using bandaid.. thought it helps, it make my skin itches....
what to do now?

which one of the band-aid brand do people particularly use?

THANK YOU!

jinj

question regarding band-aid on nipples..

so i have been using the waterproof band-aid and it leaves sticky stuff when i peel it off.
so i started using the sheer ones from band-aid... it works better
i ran out, so i started using hte clear ones from band-aid... works even better than the sheer one so far

HOWEVER... i notice... my skin on areola and around it started peeling off (just a little) with all these band-aid usage..
i am not sure if its because i pump for multiple hours with band-aid on (i was doing 4-5 hour days when i was sitting and doing nothing)?
or band-aid just tends to peel skin off because breast skin is sensitive?
or i am not using enough lotion? (but band-aid wont stick if i put on lotion)..

is there any idea why my skin is peeling?

D

Dixieland

jinj,
Medically speaking...the sticky stuff on the bandaid actually is not allowing your skin to "breath", also some people have a allergic reaction to the plastic/rubber that bandaids are made from. If this is the case, then you should have the same reaction no matter where you put the bandaid on your body. If it is the "breathing" of the skin that is the problem, maybe you could get "cloth" bandaids they allow the skin to "breath" Hope this helps...and is not too confusing.

jinj

i dont think i am allergic to band-aid.. becuase i put it elsewhere and nothing happens..
i feel that our breast skin is more delicate though.. and it was itching, either cuz of stretching or the band-aid...

if this is the breathing issue...i guess i would try using the clear ones i just got. its "breathable". if not, i will try the cloth.

will report. i hope my testing of bandaid is helpful to others haha

D

Dixieland

jinj,
My skin is very particular when it comes to bandaids!!! LOL! I only use the cloth ones now. I think mine is due to aging! If the clear ones are working, then I would use them! I wouldn't change.
Dixieland

jinj

i dunno if the ones are working yet. i only have it for one day.
it has holes on it to allow breathing and it says "non stick pad" so no sticky stuff leaving around, making it easier to peel off.

if clear ones dont give irritation i will stick wiht it or else i have to try cloth or those for sensitive skin.

thanks for ur help!

jinj

new skin.. is just spray right? do they have bandage as well?

i needed the bandage to stop my nipples from popping out.. cuz when they stretch they hurt...