Overpumped - now what?

IdreamofD

Hi everyone!

So I got my XLs and apparently went a little nuts, because I ended up with the dreaded red dots plus pinkish red marks that stayed. I didn't pump for a day and I slathered myself in scar cream, so today the pink marks were almost gone. I decided to pump lightly with padding, and got more red dots!! :(

I think with the padding I just have no idea when I'm overpumping. What will help get rid of these? Anyone? Currently using mederma and cocoa butter. Can I pump tomorrow lightly, no padding? eee, please help!

soonenough

I got the red dots when I first started using XL cups again. I would apply Neosporin, and then arnica gel, and then Mederma. If those doesn't work, I would take hot shower and direct the water to my breasts.

After a while, my breasts must have gotten use to the XL cups, that now, I rarely get red dots, or come to think of it, I dont' get red marks any more. I stripped the upper layer of the plumbing insulation (so it won't be so thick) to the XL's rim, use tape to hold it to the side so it won't move (but I still can remove to wash the cups), put the Noogleberry soft cups, and then position over my breast before pumping. Ever since I started doing it this way, the ring marks disappears fast. I still apply neosporin when the marks are red, and also apply a layer of arnica gel, and top off with a layer of Mederma if the marks are red and darker than what I usually get. Sometimes, when I cook/clean or vacuum while noogling, I tend to pump and pump to keep the cups on, and that tends to leave angry red looking ring marks.

Give your breasts time to get use to the stronger XL cup's pressure. At first, I would apply emu oil with the Robust pm cream, but after a while, I don't need the emu oil anywhere. XL cups create stronger pressure because I always feel the tightening pressure whenever I just first put it on.

Other than going through the above, the swelling is really fantastic with the XL cups for me. I hope this will pass for you.

IdreamofD

Thanks soonenough!

Today the marks are nearly gone, but I'm a bit gun shy. But I also want to pump!!! ARGG. When this happened, did you take time off, or just pump lightly the next time? I'm thinking I may stop today, and try again tomorrow, because I also don't want to wait so long that I don't get used to it.

Followed your advice took a hot bath for about an hour, and now doing cocoa butter, scar cream, and vitamin E lotion, every few hours. I now barely see the ring marks at all and the dots are pink, but mostly gone. I think next time I pump I'll just have to be super super light, and work my way back up to normal pressure - maybe over a week or so. DARN!

Boodles

DD got red dots the first few times that she used the XL domes but as soon as she stopped using padding it stopped. They were only around the edge where the domes actually sat. She did pump very lightly while they were there but they were not too bad really and it did seem to be related to the padding.

Not sure this is much help but thought I would mention it :)

IdreamofD

Thanks so much, Boodles!

I pumped today with no padding, and VERY lightly, and it seemed perfectly normal! Yes, the padding doesn't seem to help for me, either.

But now I seem to have another issue, maybe you guys can help...

I noticed today while I was putting on makeup that I have some indents. They're mostly in the cleavage area, and it's literally that: the skin is indented - like not popping back up. I only noticed it in a certain light/angle. I showed my husband and he said it looks like cleavage lines (no complaint there) so I don't think anyone else would notice it, but I know what it is. And since no padding seems to work for me, I'm not sure what to do.

Is there any cream or something anyone recommends? I already drink water and take collagen, it's just that I'm REALLY bony! Has anyone else experienced this? I may repost this as a new topic as well.