Padding ruins swelling...Good padding for swelling?

PetiteNShy

Hi all,

So recently I've been using the yoga mag as a padding solution. I end up with really nasty bruising if I even attempt to use the NB without any sort of padding (even from a half hour session). But unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the same kind of swelling with the yoga mat. I've heard that a lot of people experience the same problem with the foam rings. Has anybody had good experience using a type of padding that gives them the same swelling as no padding? Please share your tips, and many thanks in advance :)

-PetiteNShy

Lily13

Hmmm. I think this is the one bad thing about using padding. They all in some degree affect swelling. :-\

I used padding for many months because I could not fit the L domes on my chest no matter what I tried. First I used the pipe insulation and shaved the inner portion as much as possible to keep the diameter as wide as I could. As far as comfort goes, it was the best. You can pump and literally take the domes off and not see anything at all. You can pump right before heading out and no one would even know as long as you don't overpump and get red dots. It does shrink how much breast is suctioned though.

After awhile I decided to try the yoga mat and I actually thought it was the best padding method. It kept swelling almost as good as I get now without padding. It may be different because I only noogle 1 breast at a time, so I focus all of my attention on each breast and can make adjustments if needed. I bought a very cushiony (that's not even a real word haha) yoga mat from Target and then cut the hole slightly smaller than the dome's size. This way when you start to increase pressure, the dome doesn't slip through and start to hit your chest. It did leave slight marks on me from where the yoga mat's edge was hitting my chest, but it went away very quickly. Doing this for a few weeks gave me enough growth to finally be able to use the L domes without any padding and since that time, I now use the Contoured L domes without padding too. It took me a few days to adjust as my ribs were very sore, but they don't hurt at all now.

I guess my point is that I had to sort of suffer through months of less than ideal swelling in order to grow enough to be able to use the domes themselves. Ultimately nothing compares the swelling you get when having the domes sitting directly on your chest. :'(

You can try heating up your breasts beforehand and massaging to help get better swelling. Hopefully soon enough, you'll get some more tissue and won't have to bother with padding. ;) It probably took me ~5-6 months, but I'm one of those slow yet steady growers. lol

xxbabygirlxx

Hello PetiteNShy,
I've used the yoga mat method, its not my favourite one to use because its hard to keep the domes on and i feel i'm lossing suction when i have to use them. I only use them once needless to say..haha.

For me the best method of padding is the blue tac [put alot] all over the edges and use plastic wrap. It prevents the rings and the suction is still there.

Maybe your pumping too hard if your getting really bad bruising?

itsjust4fun91

I have great swelling with the pipe insulation padding I came up withbecause I had such problems without any padding and indentations. Look up a thread called "new padding solution... YES!" It's on here and on noogleberry from when I first came up with it and it has detailed directions. The thread on noogleberry is more active with ideas and updates. ALSO i am working on a new variation of the padding eith thecontoured larges that I hope to post soon too.
Mel

Teeny Tiny

I had great swelling in the beginning and I was using the foam rings, which have changed since my first pair. I've since stopped using padding once I got used to the pressure on my ribs and could stand using them unpadded. I could actually swell them more and over pump if I wasn't careful because the padding made it more comfortable and I could pump more. Unpadded I can't use as much pressure because it hurts my ribs, with the L's and XL's is does anyway, I could probably over pump and have slightly a couple times with the new contoured L's because they're a lot more rib friendly.

PetiteNShy

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I think I'll stick with the yoga mat for a little longer (I've only been noogling for a little over two weeks) and try something new if I'm still having issues after a month or so. I think a big part of the problem is that I'm just being impatient! Thanks again :)