Poor circulation while pumping?

epipcaware

I only pump one of my breasts, since I have asymmetry (left one is significantly smaller than the right). I used the medium and large pump for about a year, until I moved to the extra large pump. I've been using x-large for probably like 6 months now. I noogle at night when I sleep, because it's the only time I get a chance to. I've noticed lately (past month or so) that I can't pump for as long as I can because I feel like my circulation is being cut off in my left hand and it wakes me up while I'm sleeping.
Does this happen to anyone else? Part of me thinks it's good because I'm slowly able to fit more and more of my breast in there. But am I over-pumping if I'm losing circulation in my hand? I don't have any other symptoms of over-pumping.

PNELLY

Hey,
Do you have naturally low blood pressure or circulation? I experience similar things and I have very low b.p. and circulation because of it. Going to the doc stresses me out so my b.p. is always normal there but I have taken my b.p. on a home monitor several times when I'm calm and it is freakishly low.
My hands/ arms will feel wierd, not numb, but I can tell its sucking my blood to my boobs. Lol. Also if I pump too hard I get a headache. Like its sucking my blood from my brain or something. Obviously if i notice I'm getting a headache I back it off. Lol. I've not hear of anyone else having similar things happening, and I know having low b.p. is very abnormal, so perhaps that could be the issue.
Have you ever had your b.p. checked outside of a doctors appointment? I don't know where you live but here in the U.S. almost every drugstore has a monitor you can use for free.
I'd look into that before you start getting to concerned about it.
If it is your b.p. it's not a huge deal. If its not, then I would be concerned.

Fran72

I have had problems with blood flow when using the XLCUPS. When pumping I get a dizzy feeling and so have to stop for a while, I let off some of the pressure and it goes away. I am diabetic and I think that that has something to do with it. Talk to your doctor about it if it continues.

Hugs Fran