Purple Breasts

S

susan16

Hi Ive been using the breast pump for 6 days but i filled the small cups straight away with no problems. So i ordered the medium cups which came today. However i only pumped for 5 minutes when they began to hurt so i took them off and both breasts were bright purple which 2 hours later does not seem to be disappearing. Any advice? Is this usual when swopping to a bigger cup and should i just carry on with the medium cups regardless?

K

kultzu

Hi Susan16,

Sorry to hear that . It sounds painful !!!

I think I have left my note in the forum when changing to bigger cups that they pressed more to the breasts hence hurt more on them. It was obviously due to heavier weight of the bigger cups comparing to the smaller ones so everytime you pump they will press more on your skin. For me, it was only at the beginning , after couple of days I got used to them. However, I never had purple color for hours ???. Perhaps you should take small break. And next time pump very gently , not so hard.

Let me know how it goes.

Kultzu

L

Louise1982

Check out the yahoo group called bosombuddeez - it's another forum for suction users and deals with NB, BB and Brava. A lot of the BB girls have had purple boobs which even in the worst cases where it was lasting all day totally resolved a few days after they stopped pumping. I use BB on the strongest setting 'suck' but less than half power for 30 mins and my boobs aren't even purple from that even though it's quite uncomfortable - maybe some people are mose sensitive the others. I would expect me to be sensitve as I'm very pale and bruise easy but maybe using Brava for a long time makes you tougher. Mine did go purple and I got hickey type bruising when I sucked the Brava really hard when I first started.

Maybe do 2 shorter sessions instead of one long session or see if there's anyway you can do it in front of a mirror so can can stop pumping before they go purple.

S

susan16

Hi Louise thanks again for your advice. I just paniced a bit when i took the domes off and they were bright purple but they were shiny too they looked like something youd hang out for halloween. I ll definately check out that other forum though and see what they say. Once again thanks so much for your help.

S

susan16

sorry Kultzu a big thankyou to you too. Ive got Louise on the brain because i have read so much of her advice on this forum and also eves program seems if youve got a worry she ll know the answer.

S

susan16

Could i ask you girls one more question.Would it be safe to carry on with the small domes because i can already tell my breasts are plumper and i love it so much i dont want to lose it.

L

Louise1982

Don't see why not, I used the BB medium while waiting for the large, they'd be squashed full in about 20 mins but I'd still finish the 30 min session. I found it particularly helpful as my left is bigger than my right so the left one would fill up (therefore less pressure on it) and the right would get a longer session so the right swelled more - hopefully this might even them up! Watch out for hickey marks and the little red pinpricks - both of those indicate burst capillaries from too much suction.

Good luck x

G

Hi there!
Try taking arnica tablets. They will help with bruising. I took them leading upto and after any operations i have had. I think they can thin the blood, so if you have any problems with blood clotting in anyway, get medical advice before taking them. Look up arnica tablets online to find out more about them. I also agree with not over pumping.
On a positive note, i have noticed lasting swelling on my tiny bosoms - yippee!!!
Take Care everyone!