Push up bras

amelie

Well it seems to me those big breasted women who object to push up bras are very aware of the advantage they have, because they get a lot of male attention because of their boobs, and they just don´t want competition from small sized women. All that moral talk is just a way to defend their own interests.

S

sissy2345

Had to comment. You almost have to understand that those who were born with great breast and those who remained unchanged after childbirth just don't understand.

I have been pumping for 2.5 years, and have had ups and downs. Over the last 6 months I have been suddenly reaquainted with old friends and seeing family that for one reason or another haven't seen in a while. On more than a few occasions I am pulled aside with a comment about my "implants". At the same time, I have had many friends ask why I am wearing a push up bra, when I am wearing a sheer no padding underwire only.

Keep pumping and get whatever bra makes you feel good for now, you probably wont need it in time.

Sissy

Boodles

Do none of these women who condem push up bras wear false eyelashes or nails? What is the difference?

There is nothing wrong with wearing them at all if it makes you feel better.

However my daughter is trying to get back to lightly padded bras as she likes the idea of it 'all being hers'. However, this is not proving easy as she has got used to seeing herself in the push up bras. Strangely it is under clothes that she notices it - she still seems to get cleavage with the non push ups but under a t shirt they do look smaller. She ahs never worn the extreme push up bras (2 sizes bigger ones) so I guess the problem would be worse with them).

I suspect she will go back to her push ups for now.

NotSoBusty

pipitavivita said:
I try to rather buy unpadded, underwired bras though, if it's in your true bra size(not calculated with the usual add 4-5 inches method), it should lift and give your breasts a nice shape just the same.

This is SO true! I have a bra in my "true" size (a 28D, equivalent to a 32B), it makes my boobs look incredible with minimal padding. They looks much more lifted than if I wear a conventional band (add 4 or 5 to my ribcage measurement). It is so nice, because I feel like it is "all me," because you can keep the padding at a minimal amount, but the lift, support, and cleavage are amazing!

Not to mention that I never have to adjust it, and I forget that I am even wearing it.

I seriously suggest that every woman get professionally fitted at a nice lingerie store that carries band sizes ranging in 28-44 etc. I have always worn a 32 band, and in a sense I still can, but I will never find anything that fits better or looks better than a bra that is my real size.

Boodles

Hi Notsobusty

I think a lot of places are coming round to the idea that the add 4/5 inches method of band sizing is out of date, and was devised way back when bras were made of material with little stretch. DD measures 31 round her rib cage and wears a 32 band. She did at one time try wearing 34 in a lower cup size but the fit was nowhere near as good and she had to wear it on the tightest fitting from the workd go so could not tighten if it stretched a bit. I have never been able to wear a bra fitted in the add 3/4 inches method either. Just does not feel right.
:)