rash need advice

B

booler

Hi ladies, I have a decision to make, and could use your wisdom. I have a very tender rash developing on my upper chest. It is a combination hicky/abrasion rash. It gets worse with each noogling session. Admittedly, I have always had sensitive skin. My concern is, if I stop noogling I will have to start from scratch and lose all I have gained, but if I continue the rash will have no time to heal. I plan to cut back to one 15 minute session a day, but my concern is that the chronic hickey may lead to permanent discoloration or darkening of the skin in that area. Has anyone had a rash like this, and how did you handle it?
Thanks, Booler

W

waxingmoon

Hi Booler,

Where is the rash? Is it just where the cups touch your body or is it on areas where the rim does not touch? If it is just in the rim area it may be more of a bruise. The foam rings can help you if this is the case.

If the area is spreading away from where the cups make contact or is on the breast itself... if it is itchy and seeming to increase then it may be an allergic reaction.

It would be unlikely that you are allergic to the domes themselves. What kind of lotion are you using?

Here is another question. When you pump does your breast turn bright red or sort of purple. You may be describing capillary damage caused by over pumping. Some women have reported this and it will eventually fade. It is sort of a minor large surface area bruise. Try reducing the amount of pressure you are using.

If what you have is an allergy it will only get worse and stopping would be the best. If what you have is capillary damage then use a lower suction and do less for a while. If what you have is bruising around the rims then use the foam rings.

Let me know some more info and maybe I can be more helpful.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

B

booler

Waxingmoon,
Actually, I think the rings were the problem. The rash started where the rings touch on the top of my breast. They make it more comfortable on the edges, but they are just rough enough to irritate my sensitive skin. The more product I put on the area, the worse it gets over time. I am going to back off ointments completely for a while, and cut down on noogling time, of course. Lately, I have only itched after going too long without noogling, when I start to deflate. Does that mean I am actually addicted to this??? ;)
I am going to buy a tub of vaseline the next time I go to the store. That sounds like the solution I am looking for. I forget about the simple, old-school therapies with all the expensive concoctions out today.
Thanks for the advice ladies. I won't be completely giving up on this anytime soon. I want it too badly!
Thank you! Booler