rib area falling asleep...help?

that1spaztichik

Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I'm using the large domes and every time I pump, the underside of my right boob (only the right...so weird) where my ribs are like...falls asleep. It goes back to normal and I have feeling in the area once I stop pumping. However, I can't see this as healthy, as I pump twice a day. What can I do to fix this? I'm assuming it's because of the uneven displacement, I just read an article Lucy posted from a doctor who talks about this...but what can I do besides having to hold the cup up with my hand? Thanks!

sofia1

wow it actually falls asleep? that means the circulation is being almost completely cut off. yeah not good for sure. i have a similar thing where my left underside gets super uncomfortable/painful if i place the cup in a certain way, then i just adjust it and re-pump. i'm using the Ls too. you can try moving the right cup slightly up or down or something to see if it gets better or try some padding so the pressure is more displaced. good luck!

hz

I agree, it sounds like you are cutting off circulation. Try not to place the rim over that area, or use some padding and see if that helps. I move my right dome slightly higher because otherwise it diggs into one of my ribs. I pump, and it goes in it's natural spot, then I move the dome up slightly, it helps.

username

or it could be a little nerve that is pinched when apply pressure...try massage for few second and reposition the cup, see if that helps...

charitywat88

That's weird because my arms sort of fall asleep ??? when I pump. (just since I started using xlarge cups). It's not really bad and I just ingore it but it just feels like they're not quite as mobile. Hope you figure something out cause it would be weird my rib going numb. :)

that1spaztichik

thanks, everyone! yeah, i'll definitely have to try some padding or something. i think for the time being, i'll test out kind of moving the dome to a bit of a different spot.