"swelling questions"

J

jenjen

yesterday, my 8th day with NB, for the first time I saw swelling which lasted about an hour after pumping. However, I have not had any lasting swelling after the three times I've pumped since.

Is this normal progress? Will I see swelling more and more often as time goes on? Also, the one time I did get the swelling I felt more pain, and my breasts are still discolored from that one session. I don't know what I did differently.

thanks! this is a great forum and it's nice to have support from so many pros.

L

Louise1982

You could've got a better seal that one time, maybe you were sitting slightly differently or it hadn't been quite so long as usualy since the session before. Were you due for your period? I get the same thing with BB, sometimes more swelling than others. Just ignore it, in a few weeks it'll be bigger anyway. Or you can measure after each session and compare week to week rather than day to day.

J

jenjen

No ... period isn't due until later this week. I'll remember it fondly and just hope to see it again soon! ;) thanks for the reply Louise.

A

annieboobs

Hi jen-jen, ur 2 days ahead of me, with pumping each time i pump i get a little more swelling....
i'm sure u'll see that swelling and more again, don't worry too much...
We can keep each other motivated to pump..
We so deserve our boobies, our desired size and shape...

keep pumping...
Anne

J

jenjen

Thanks Annie,
I'm feeling a little discouraged, as I haven't really noticed much of a difference except that one time. I'm pumping as much as I can fit in, wanting to know I've given it the best try possible. I'm no where near giving up though!

A

Ann

Hi jenjen,
Be consistent and optimistic. I say that to myself as well. Most NB users usually retain the swelling at 2 weeks. I swear the same thing happened to me. In the first week, in my night session I took off the cups and noticed swelling for the first time. I was sooooo over joyed. Of course I expected the same results the next morning/night session, but to my surprise I didn't. Then I got a big discouraged. I though I might have done something wrong/different. Then came another week and suddenly I retained some of that swelling. I'm sure thats what most of us experience. So keep your chin up and keep pumping. ;)

J

jenjen

thanks Ann! It really helps to hear everyone else's experiences.

jenny

L

Louise1982

Don't panic girls! I use the BB pumping machine, it is rip-them-off strong and I still did not see any swelling at all never mind retain it for the first 2 weeks!

Keep up the good work!