taping nipples?

M

momofbats

Hi all! I remember reading a post that someone taped their nipples before pumping. Could you please tell me how to do this. I have tried, but as soon as I start to pump, the tape pops off. I get a lot of pull on my nipples, and after pumping they are very hard and tender, and I'm hoping taping them will alleviate this.

Thanks girls!
>momofbats<

J

janonthemtn

Hi Momofbats,

I recently had to start taping my nipples. I probably should have done so at the start, but better late than never.

I have breast fed 5 children so I do not need them any larger!

I use medical paper tape, the type you can buy at any drug store, 4in. long x 1in., across the nipple. I am amazed that it sticks

very well, even through a shower. Make sure your skin is clean and dry and then put the lotion/oil on that you want to use.

for pumping. I hope this helps.

janonthemtn

jinj

i have been using band-aid brand bandage.
some other people used the waterproof version of it. it works. just put two band-aid across your nipples to form a crosss, that should hold.

however, personally, i htink i am more allergic to the waterproof one. so i have been using the clear type or the sheer type. they come off once in a while during pumping but usually it stays because the band-aids are stretchy.

janonthemtn,
medical paper tape? does that irritate your skin? does it hurt when you take it off?
my nipple areas are very sensitive i need something thats totally not irritative...

M

Mumma Bear

Hey Mom of Bats - I use Johnson & Johnson's Band-Aid fabric band aids. They are the only ones that don't leave me with red marks, they actually stick and there's no sticky border around the centre - the wound dressing part of it goes right to the edges - so there's nothing to stick to the areola/nipple area. Worth a try!

J

janonthemtn

hi jinj,

i have been using medical paper tape and do not have a problem with it. some people may be more sensitive than i am.

paper tape is used at times because it is less irritating than most other tapes. you could put a small piece of cloth over the nipple

if it made it more comfortable. you just have to try different things and see what works for you.

janonthemtn

M

momofbats

OMG Great idea on the band aid, I never even thought of that...will definitely give it a try! Thanks all for your help!

M

momofbats

MAN, I must have wonder woman nipples or something, they popped them band aids right off! I thought for sure that was going to work. ??? SO...now what? Any other suggestions? I guess I'll have to try thicker medical tape, I've already tried what I have, but it's only like 1/2 wide.

jinj

my band-aids got popped up sometimes too
so.. sometimes i just leave it.. and pumped my boobs up..then reapply so its already on teh "expanded boobs"
or i just tape it harder...never re-tape...