Tubing falling apart

itsjust4fun91

I'm having a problem with my tubing splitting constantly and I'm not sure why it's doing it. I have soft tubing and it seems like every few days the pieces that attach to the domes will split and tear sometimes to the point of falling off. I then have to clip them back even. I don't take my tubing off and on so I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm going to run out of tubing before long! Anyone else have this problem and any idea on how to stop it? I'm currently using the XL domes if that makes a difference.

Thanks, Mel

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi Mel, we changed the thickness of the tubing a couple of months ago and have had no complaints but it will be interesting to see if anyone else is having a problem with it. The reason we made it thinner was because people were struggling to get the tubing on the cups with our thicker type. Did you obtain your tubing within the last 2 months or so? let me know so i can work out which tubing you have and we can send you some different stuff to try which should solve the problem.

best wishes

Lucy :)

M

Mumma Bear

Hey Lucy - I have both sorts and I much prefer the thicker. I've never had any trouble getting the end on the dome fitting with either, but the thinner tubing constantly kinks and stops the suction getting through when pumping. So my vote is for the old thicker one :)

cleo

I have two pumps, one with the old tubing and one with the newer, more flexible tubing but this does kink all the time like Mumma Bear said so personally I prefer the older tubing too.

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Many thanks for the feedback. We will probably changed the tubing back to the thicker type but if there is anyone who is struggling with their current tubing, just email me off forum and we can send them some new tubing to connect to their tee piece.

best wishes

lucy@noogleberry.com

noogleberry

Noogleberry Admin Team
Hi itsjust4fun91, ive just checked the records and interestingly, you have the thicker type tubing. This is unusual that the tubing should split. Maybe you are using something on the cups thats affecting the tubing? If you email me, we can send you a new length of tubing or a PVC tubing tee piece kit which is less likely to split but it is stiffer.

Just let me know,

best wishes